FedEx Freight City Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FedEx Freight City Driver Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.4

City Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Interview

Many applications online. Six months of no word. Got called out of the blue on a weekday at 2:30pm. Came in, filled out more paperwork, background check, everything had to pass before I could proceed further. They will not waste their interview time with anyone not qualified to be a driver. Interviewed in person with both the small terminal manager and operations supervisor. Two different interviews on different days. Then I had to take a driving test. Then I got "hired" to come to work and ride around with people until I could go to a major hub and take a week's worth of classes to prepare me for actual pickup and delivery. They paid for hotel and food for that trip, but I had to share a room with someone. After that point, I was on a 90 day probationary period. All very standard stuff.

Interview Questions

• 1. What kind of experience do you have in the freight industry?
      2. What makes you think you'd be a good fit at FedEx?
      3. What would you say is your best asset? What would you say is your weakest?
      4. What talents and abilities do you have that would benefit our operation here?
      5. Where have you worked before?
      6. Do you know the area well? Where were you educated? What is your highest level of education? 7. Are you comfortable around heavy equipment?
      8. Are there any medical issues that would prevent you from doing any of the tasks that we perform here?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They called me 2 days later. I scheduled an in person interview for the next week. I got a job offer a few days after through email.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at FedEx Freight?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

the interview process they make you feel as if its the best place to work in the world as in you will be in heaven but they treat you like a puppet on a real short string

Interview Questions

• what was my long term goal   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

You get asked the stupid corporate questions off a stupid corporate sheet of paper. "When was the last time you used common sense to complete a task?" I'm not kidding.

Interview Questions

• They are are all tough because they are all so stupid. Maybe 10 of them or so.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Greensboro, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Called Me in for an interview and we talked of my experience,the company,and what the company expects of me,He told me that he had other interviews and he would make a decision the next week,he gave me his card and said if I had anymore questions to not to hesitate to call

City Driver Interview

Interview

Takes forever to get hired.

Negotiation

there is none

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (San Antonio, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Basically if you have a commercial drivers license, not obese and basic human functioning skills with no criminal record or dui's you should be able to get a job. If you can show up everyday and not be a mutant then you should be able to get a job driving a truck. If you do get hired you have to go through a 2-4 week long training course, you don't just get hired and driving a truck on your own the following day.

Interview Questions

• no joke, questions like, is it ok to punch someone at work if you don't agree with them??   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Very on point, asked all the right questions. At that time good drivers were looking for jobs instead of good companies looking for drivers. The Center Manager was very honest.

Interview Questions

• How many years of safe driving do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

I received a call and was invited to attend a one on one interview for emloyment

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you will be a good fit in our company?   1 Answer
    • What made you decide to choose trucking as a career?   1 Answer

Satisfied with current job