FedEx Ground Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Ground in April 2017.

Interview

I worked as a package handler for under a year, decided to apply for a part time ops management position, got an interview than was required to take a drug test than was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you didn't know what to do and you still were able to get the job done.   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for this job?   Answer Question
    • What have you done to increase your technical​ skills recently?   Answer Question
    • What job that you have worked has been the least enjoyable? And for what reasons?   Answer Question
    • Name a time recently where you've had to help another employee who is struggling with a work issue?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an underperforming employee?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview

I had a neutral experience. I waited a little bit past my interview time but no big deal. I understand things don't always go as planned. While I was waiting for my interviewer I waited in the HR office. Realized it was a little hectic of a work environment but this interested me even more. I like fast and challenging environments to keep things moving. However, the hours were 1pm-10pm and I can't work that schedule do to school. I wish they would have posted the hours on the job listing. Take my advice and ask the hours before you set up an interview so you don't waste your time or theirs!

Operations Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview

After application I received a screening call from HR representative outlining job details. Stated that interviewees were still being added and that interview schedule was imminent. About a week later I was called for an interview with HR and sort manager.

Interview Questions

• What types of tech and businesses reading do you do and how do you share and use that information with others?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (El Dorado, AR) in May 2017.

Interview

In person interview. Went in, talked about work history and expectations going into training. Answered a few general interview questions. Detailed the on-boarding process. Was required to take a drug test than was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic work history questions. Questions about understanding the rigor of the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Super easy, i wouldn't even call it an interview. Applied, 2 weeks later got a call to come in for interview. Interview lasted no more than 5 minutes. Basically asked 3 yes or no questions. Only question you had to go in depth about was "How you handle conflicts with co workers". Asked me to pick a shift and asked if i had any other questions. Said once background clears someone will be calling to schedule orientation. No drug test. Pretty easy. I realized i wasnt told the pay, but u might wanna mention that.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts with coworkers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called in for interview and when I got here it was simply asking if I'm available to work and not much else was asked. When it was over I said thank you and I left right afterwords

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Ground in April 2017.

Interview

It's a group interview they gather you in the front of the building, to single file get you the security at one time. You sing in your called you do your interview. Very quick ask you about your limitations if any, and whether you can do the job without accommodations. No drug test and you go home wait about two weeks for a background check to go through.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

They send you a email and then call you to come in for a interview after drug screen they call you back to come in and ids and orientation

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (Elizabeth, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was held by phone with two hiring managers. The experince was overall ok, but it felt kind of intimidating when they were asking the questions plus I got really nervous. They were patient and nice after the questions ended.

Interview Questions

• They ask about last projects, about how you manage time, about what will you do in some situations and a real example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (Tracy, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy Interview, showed up on time and was only asked about six job related questions. I was advised about the different shifts available and an overall job review of the position I applied for. I was informed of the three different shifts available and also benefits of the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you work varies shifts?   1 Answer