FedEx Ground Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Ground in April 2017.

Interview

I worked as a package handler for under a year, decided to apply for a part time ops management position, got an interview than was required to take a drug test than was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you didn't know what to do and you still were able to get the job done.   7 Answers
    • Why are you a good fit for this job?   1 Answer
    • What have you done to increase your technical​ skills recently?   Answer Question
    • What job that you have worked has been the least enjoyable? And for what reasons?   Answer Question
    • Name a time recently where you've had to help another employee who is struggling with a work issue?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an underperforming employee?   4 Answers

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview

They called me and asked if I wanted to interview over the phone, we had great conversation. We then scheduled the official interview, they called me for that, then at that time informed me that the position was no longer available.
    They apparently gave it to a internal candidate.
    Not nice.

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2011.

Interview

two interviews, quite simple...be confident, share past experiences and show interest in company, work hours the need you to...not just about you. It's about making the company better. They will help mothers and college kids with schedules, so go in there expecting great things and great things will happen. Holiday hiring is underway in late September. Even if you just work holidays, it's a great company and the management knows their stuff, most have been there a long time. I hope this helps in some small way for those that are in question about the company or are hesitant about getting their foot in the door, You will be glad you did. Just remember not to give up on your first week! Interview was simple. I had someone different for the follow up interview. Both went well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time things were stressed at work and what did you do to fix the situation...or something like that. Do you work well in a diverse environment.   Answer Question

PKG Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (Oak Park, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Very brief, going into what shift preferences I had, what kind of environment the opportunity is, stating three million times "you're being paid to work out", understanding the pay process, informing of the background check's length of time, history of the interviewer and what happened with previous employment.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult co-worker?   1 Answer
    • What happened with your last place of employment?   1 Answer
    • What is your shift availability?   1 Answer
    • Will you be able to complete the job with or without reasonable accommodations, if needed?   1 Answer

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (Sacramento, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Simple background check & Drug test
    FedEx is looking for stability in your employment, don't show any unemployment times. The contractor will take you out on a drive test to make sure he feels comfortable with your driving ability and you know how to hook up a set of doubles.

Interview Questions

• FedEx is simply looking for people who follow rules, who do what they are told without ever questioning authority or having suggestions as how to do the job better. If you are a thinker this is not a good match, if your a lemming or think like a lemming you will fit into their work place well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (Denver, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied to the position from within the internal employee website. I was called for an interview a week later after they reviewed all the candidates. Had an interview set up within the week, but their hiring process took 3 week to get back to me about the job. All interviews were conducted over the phone to give each candidate an equal opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why FedEx would benefit from having you in this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (Stamford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Mgr plus HR ask a series of questions - responses should be in BAR format. Notes are taken and you are given enough time to formulate a response. The questions are prepared and seem to come from a standardized HR handbook. They take notes during your response which can be disconcerting.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions - tell us about a problem you encountered, what you did and the result.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non existent- company does not pay well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

This is a bar interview. You will be asked a question. In your answer, you will give background on a situation you were involved in, what you did, and how it turned out. It took about 40 minutes and some of the questions do not translate well for all past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Speaking with your supervisor can be difficult with interruptions. Tell me about a time when you had trouble communicating with your supervisor, what you did, and how it turned out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (Carson, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Barely made it in with a suit and almost ran. I lifted a fake box. The manager was seemingly not too smart and gave me a bad impression about the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift this fake box?   1 Answer

Operations Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Ground.

Interview

Interview followed the BAR format (behavior-based). I was asked 10 questions total and for each one I had to present the situation I was in, the action(s) I took, and the result. HR and a Manager were present. Depending on the situation, the interview process may be in person or over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you took initiative to solve a problem and what was the result   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Ground (San Leandro, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and then received a phone call, discussed a little more about the position; and then scheduled the interview a few days after. 12-15 Tell Me about a time questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have an important message to tell your co-worker,but you were being kept interrupted.   Answer Question