FedEx Inside Sales Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

3.3

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Irving, TX).

Interview

Day 1: Applied online

Day 17: Received an email from a recruiter. I had to complete a 2 hour test consisting of math and reasoning problems similar to the SATs. It also has some personality questions.

Day 22: I received another email from recruiter to give additional information on employment and education.

Day 34: Phone screening with recruiter.

Day 38: Hiring manager email for invitation for in person interview. The hiring manager stated they would email me a sample sales market 2 days before the interview and wanted me to create a PowerPoint presentation on how I would sale to that market.

Day 40: Received the sample market data and instructions. The presentation has two parts. The first part you are given an Excel spreadsheet of a fictional market. The spreadsheet has a list of customers and sales trends for each company. You have to present a strategy to increase sales in this market. You aren’t given any specific instructions so this is up to your creativity. The second part of the presentation you are given a fictional business that changed shipping services for listed reasons. You must come up with a sales plan to regain that business.
Day 42: In person interview. It was a panel of three Inside Sales Managers. First they went over my resume. Then they asked me behavioral questions. Make sure you practice your typical STAR questions. It was average difficulty. Then I had to present my PowerPoint. The wanted a 10 minute presentation of the first part: Excel data, and 5 minutes over the fictional business.
Day 43: I sent an email to all those interviewing me thanking them for the interview and reiterating my strengths as a candidate.

Day 48: I received a canned rejection letter.

Day 55: I sent a follow up email once again thanking them for their time and to ask what skills I needed to develop to be a better candidate for this role in the future.

Day 62: Hiring Manager said they couldn’t give me any feedback because I am an “external” candidate.

The issue I have is this position is supposed to be the “entry level” job into the corporate world of FedEx. The minimum requirements are a high school diploma and doesn’t state any sales experience necessary. I have a bachelor degree, two years of online sales experience, and I have been working for FedEx for ten years! In my position at FedEx I was a top performer and even had several letters of recommendations from current FedEx managers that I gave to the hiring managers. Not only didn’t I get hired for the position the hiring manager couldn’t even give me any constructive feedback since I work for a different subsidiary of FedEx. That does not seem inline for a company that claims to promote from within.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you went above a beyond at your job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I was contacted by an outside vendor that asked me to apply to the posting on FedEx Careers website. Following an introductory phone interview there was an ACT like personality test, a more formal phone interview, and finally a face to face interview with behavioral interview questions and a presentation that you were given 2 days prior to the F2F. The offer was non negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you secured a customer and you were not the lowest price.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

I had a panel of two members and completed a ppt presentation beforehand. It took about 30 min. I was given questions to create the PowerPoint. Think before answering the questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online and received a call for a phone interview 3 days later. Then went to the corporate office in Pittsburgh for an interview with 2 people. First given 30 minutes to prepare a presentation explaining why they should choose you and how you plan to succeed in this role. Then they read a series of questions from a booklet, all of which seemed to have the same answer. A lot of "tell us about a time when..." and they always wanted more and more details even when there weren't any. I found the whole process tedious and annoying and was counting the seconds until the interview would come to an end. After the interview it took 3 weeks before I heard anything back about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Be prepared to create a power point presentation of you qualifications and why you should have the job. Other than that there are the usual situation questions. There will be two interviewers and they are very stony faced so not a lot of feedback to use to make a connection.

Interview Questions

• Unless you're prepared the 20 minutes you have to create a power point on your selling skills.   Answer Question

Account Executive - Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Multi-step process. First do online application, best if you know someone who you can say referred you. Next. quick phone conversation about the position. Then you have a more in depth phone interview usually with two people. If you move to the next step you must complete an online test consisting of math questions, personality questions and word problems. If your results are good you get an in person interview. Usually with two managers, you are given a fake sales territory via an excel sheet of data and asked to present how you would work the territory and what you would focus on. You need to be familiar(but not an expert) with excel and able to make a power point presentation. Then if it's a good fit, phone call, offer letter, background check, drug test and then training to prepare you for position. It's a long process, but really nothing too difficult. They just like to be thorough and make sure they are getting the best candidates.

Inside Sales, Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Irving, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process is very long, intense and bit tedious. You are required to fill out forms online several time, lengthy assessments, 2 phone interviews. The preparation for the panel interview and sales plan presentation was bit nerve wrecking. But all the interviewing managers were very nice and not intimidating. I really enjoyed the panel interview experience.
    Tips: Be confident and bold. Re the sales plan presentation, do the research and make sure you cover the main points, and a strategy to increase revenue, with out any irrelevant information.

Interview Questions

• All the behavioral questions asked were new to me, not something I prepared for but I did not find any of the questions difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was very reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Dallas, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

This interview process is BRUTAL! First of all this is an entry level position and FedEx acts like you are interviewing for NASA. The first step is a webinar that describes the position and everything that fedex expects from their employees. This process lasts about an hour. After that, they will email you a "Prove it " test- basically if you arent fresh out of College, get ready for 3 hours of critical thinking. Then "if" they call you, they will set you up with a one on one interview with a manager. If you get passed that they will invite you to the third interview where you will have to do a 10 minute power point presentation on a fictitious territory that you plan to grow. After that its a panel style interview process with 5 people throwing numerous questions at you. Very very hard. I have a Masters Degree and 5 years sales experience. I nailed the interview, but no offer was extended. Perplexed by this.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Two person interview and presentation. Took a skills quiz and then had a phone screening. Then went to information session and had informal 1:1 interview, more of a meet and greet, then was called back for a group interview and presenation

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and scenario based. Asked situational questions and how I would manage scenarios where x, y and z happened. Many of the questions were related to how I handled situations in past roles and was asked to provide real life examples. Best advice is to google behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in June 2010.

Interview

apply online and then you are invited to a presentation about the job. Then you are given a phone interview with 2 managers and if approved you then have an in-person interview with a panel of 3-5 managers

Interview Questions

• list the steps you would take in detail when landing a new account   Answer Question
    • what do you least look forward to about working for fedex inside sales   Answer Question