FedEx Marketing Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Strategic Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Excel test, phone interview, panel interview. presentation, MD interview, and VP interview. It was intense. Analysis.They took turns to ask you questions and they took notes. Make sure you answer all questions with an example.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you have insufficient information to make a decision, what did u do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview is combination of behavior questions and case study. You need to know your resume well to be able to tell convincing stories.

Interview Questions

• I didn't prepare for this but I got stuck when they asked me what my top 2 strength is.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

This position was in the Customer Insights Group. Applied online. Cleared an initial phone interview containing some quant questions, case questions and behavioral questions. The interview went for an hour. Got a call for the on-site interview in 2 days. The on-site interview had 6 one-on-one discussions (each 30 min.) with senior members of different teams within the CI group. And, a panel interview (1 hr) with the director and 6 managers of these different teams. This panel interview was very similar to the phone interview except the questions were a little bit tougher than the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you used some analytical process/method to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an invite to onsite visit. People were very friendly there. During the onsite visit, I was scheduled to talk one-on-one the employees within the hiring team. There was also a panel interview consisting of managers of difference teams and the managing director.

Interview Questions

• One question was a probability question, the odds of a certain outcome when rolling two dice. numbers a   Answer Question
    • they seem to be fond of price elasticity questions. Be prepared for that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

i simply took the offer without negotiation.

Senior Strategic Project Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

I received a phone screening interview first. Then I got invited to an on-site interview. The on-site interview was a panel interview. It lasted roughly 45 minutes to an hour. It was a standard behavior interview. There were some questions related to my technical skills and customer service experience. The last question is “why should we hire you?”. They said they would let me know the interview result within a couple of two weeks. Sent a follow-up email and didn’t get a response. Three month passed by, the job posting was still on FedEx’s website.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a time when you try and fail?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a project uncompleted upon approaching a deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

The phone interview lasted about 1 hour. First asked about some basic info, such as current immigration status, if H-1B visa is needed, GPA, GRE or GMAT test scores. Then there are about 8 questions, including case studies, such as FedEx wants to expand to South American countries, what should be considered.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the total number of airline passengers in the United States in a year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty straighy forward. A couple of analytical questions with calculations and a case. Onsite interview after 2 months! They put you up in a hotel and assign a host who takes you out to dinner and then picks you up the next day. You spend most of the day talking to the professionals on 1-1 basies where they tell you abt their job and also assess you. After lunch comes the panel interview. Was a pretty intimidating experience. Around 5 people with one guy assigned to rattle you. I particularly dont like being interrupted while I am earnestly trying to give the panel the answer. Also if the guy who's question you are answering is working on his blackberry while you are answering, it kinda puts you off. A couple of interviewers just stare at you blankly while you make eye contact as if not even acknowledging your answer. During my interview, I actually wanted to ask a panelist if he had mastered the art of sleeping with his eyes open. Definitely a good company to work for but they could use a better interview panel and not subject experienced interviewees to do arithmetic while they wait for the answer with exact number with the right decimal places.

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in June 2010.

Interview

This is specific to Pricing and Revenue Management group

First round = Phone interview (behavioral + quantitative + business case)
    Second round = Panel Interview (Most important one for decision making) and then one on one discussions with different members (same as phone interview)

Very laid back attitude. Require regular follows. Results of the first round might take over a month. Another 20 - 30 days for setting second round. Results of second round take around 60 days.

Only 2 kinds of people can follow through such a long process - one who have a lot of interest for the firm or people who are desperate for a job and do not have any other option in the world. Given the current job market, I am sure they will surely find some people like that.

First round
    1. Around 9 questions -
        1.1 3 analytical/business case -> size of total number of domestic passengers, a basic ratio math and business case on we want to launch Fedex Express in Mexico, should we or should we not . How do we evaluate
        1.2 Behavioral questions - > strategic goals for professional and personal life and what have you done to achieve them, leadership, data driven analysis, innovation etc

2. Second round - Panel Interview - follows pretty much the same as first round interview format
        Behavioral questions - If a member not performing, how did you handle; managed a project -> how did you handle, etc
        Analytical/business case - again ratio based and one business case - Good to understand drivers of Fedex business and pricing process

Overall cultural experience -> laid back, which is referred to has having strong work life balance, people turn to office late and are free to leave early.

Interview experience - Good - One person picks you up from hotel, takes you to dinner etc etc. well managed interview process

Got the interview through school application process. Took a month to get an interview after application

Interview Questions

• example where you analyzed data and made recommendations   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in May 2010.

Interview

The 1st round was a behavioural interview + case study over the phone.
    After the 1st round interview was invited back for the 2nd round at the company premises.
    The interview day consisted of 3 1on1 meeting with peers, which was about gauging fit within the organization & I panel interview. The panel interview was very intensive, consisted of 3 case studies & behavioural questions. The panel interview matters the most.

Interview Questions

• Describe an analytical job or project in detail.   Answer Question
    • Describe a project or job in which you applied out of the box thinking & show how that was important to solving the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview is relatively easy and standard. They do focus on behavioral type of questions.

Pay is relatively low