FedEx Sales Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. It was just a quick screening. Then there was a Skype style interview afterwards where they ask 2-3 experience questions. Lastly there was an in person interview with 2 managers giving about 7-8 behavoral questions.

Interview Questions

• How have you used critical thinking to solve a difficult problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I was contacted by an outside vendor that asked me to apply to the posting on FedEx Careers website. Following an introductory phone interview there was an ACT like personality test, a more formal phone interview, and finally a face to face interview with behavioral interview questions and a presentation that you were given 2 days prior to the F2F. The offer was non negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you secured a customer and you were not the lowest price.   Answer Question

Business Sales Field Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx (Lake Oswego, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Cold, regimented, even rude. I was greeted at the retail entrance to a freight store, no smile, no handshake. This woman wanted zero conversation. Walked into an unused office space with furniture from the 70's and handed a 2 page sheet that told me I had 30 minutes to respond to a fake sales scenario where you are a new rep challenged with restablishing a relationship with a customer after your own company fouled up. Not given any paper besides the instructions, of course I had a pen. I decided not to write it out because I have awful writing and didnt want to present something with cross outs etc, used my ipad (welcome to 2016 fedex!). Then same seemingly miserable, lifeless woman walked me into this huge room, huge table, sitting far from 2 gentleman, one much older who was obviously the supervisor and did 90% of the talking. I was told to delete what I wrote after presenting my answer to them which I did, and then he said did you really delete it or did you just close it? I told him yes, I did delete it and actually lost another note because I hit the trash can twice by accident. Rude! I should have refused because this was entirely my property. They stuck to the STAR format of questioning so strictly that he would cut me off or ask me what the result was even after I stated the result but because I didn't say "the result was...." he felt he needed to state everything as if we were on trial and on camera. It was a very cold, rigid process that did not allow any casual or interesting conversation at all, zero. They didn't even have my name correct, thought I was someone else.

Questions were typical "tell me about a time when you lead a project, won a customer over who was dissatisfied....". When we were done, I was told I would definitely hear back in 1-2 weeks after they finish interviewing everyone. They shook my hand and we thanked each other. Then the younger gentleman walked me out down the opposite end of the hallway I came in and out a secure door that was also behind a secured fence that was not open, did not open. He went back in, disappeared, and I couldnt get out! I thought well maybe I should walk the opposite way around the corner and I'll recognize where I am, find an exit....nope! I walked all the way around the building to another secured fence that wouldnt open. I had to knock on an employee only locked door, nobody came out. Thankfully after 5 minutes a driver pulled her truck up to park it and escorted me into and then back out the building to where I was supposed to go in the first place. Unbelievable.

I never heard from them about my interview until 3 weeks later when I called the HR contact. These guys both wouldn't share their info for a follow up thank you letter, said they don't allow for that in their process, we'll contact you in 1-2 weeks. Well, you didn't. When thinking about this experience I realized how awful it was and decided I just wanted to show them they dropped the ball completely by not even informing me as they said they would, and write a review on glassdoor. I would never want to work for a company that was so inhumane, cold, rigid, with no respect for my almost 10 years of very successful b2b sales experience. The position was entry level and the only way to get to the better job where I would have had to send leads to. Not interested! I open and close, not farm for someone else. If you are an outgoing, creative, affable, successful, experienced sales person, such as me ;) stay away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you...lead a project, won a customer over who was dissatisfied, etc. Typical open questions   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

I had a panel of two members and completed a ppt presentation beforehand. It took about 30 min. I was given questions to create the PowerPoint. Think before answering the questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online and received a call for a phone interview 3 days later. Then went to the corporate office in Pittsburgh for an interview with 2 people. First given 30 minutes to prepare a presentation explaining why they should choose you and how you plan to succeed in this role. Then they read a series of questions from a booklet, all of which seemed to have the same answer. A lot of "tell us about a time when..." and they always wanted more and more details even when there weren't any. I found the whole process tedious and annoying and was counting the seconds until the interview would come to an end. After the interview it took 3 weeks before I heard anything back about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Business Sales Field Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx (Houston, TX).

Interview

-Initial phone interview with screening agent to discuss basic background and credentials.

- Face to face panel interview with your manager and two other area managers. Panel interview consists of a 10-15 minute presentation on data either provided that day or two days prior. Followed by 6 behavioral questions and some general interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered an aversion in the sales process, how did you deal with the aversion and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very slim margins for negotiation as an outside hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Be prepared to create a power point presentation of you qualifications and why you should have the job. Other than that there are the usual situation questions. There will be two interviewers and they are very stony faced so not a lot of feedback to use to make a connection.

Interview Questions

• Unless you're prepared the 20 minutes you have to create a power point on your selling skills.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Multi-step process. First do online application, best if you know someone who you can say referred you. Next. quick phone conversation about the position. Then you have a more in depth phone interview usually with two people. If you move to the next step you must complete an online test consisting of math questions, personality questions and word problems. If your results are good you get an in person interview. Usually with two managers, you are given a fake sales territory via an excel sheet of data and asked to present how you would work the territory and what you would focus on. You need to be familiar(but not an expert) with excel and able to make a power point presentation. Then if it's a good fit, phone call, offer letter, background check, drug test and then training to prepare you for position. It's a long process, but really nothing too difficult. They just like to be thorough and make sure they are getting the best candidates.

Inside Sales, Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Irving, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process is very long, intense and bit tedious. You are required to fill out forms online several time, lengthy assessments, 2 phone interviews. The preparation for the panel interview and sales plan presentation was bit nerve wrecking. But all the interviewing managers were very nice and not intimidating. I really enjoyed the panel interview experience.
    Tips: Be confident and bold. Re the sales plan presentation, do the research and make sure you cover the main points, and a strategy to increase revenue, with out any irrelevant information.

Interview Questions

• All the behavioral questions asked were new to me, not something I prepared for but I did not find any of the questions difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was very reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Dallas, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

This interview process is BRUTAL! First of all this is an entry level position and FedEx acts like you are interviewing for NASA. The first step is a webinar that describes the position and everything that fedex expects from their employees. This process lasts about an hour. After that, they will email you a "Prove it " test- basically if you arent fresh out of College, get ready for 3 hours of critical thinking. Then "if" they call you, they will set you up with a one on one interview with a manager. If you get passed that they will invite you to the third interview where you will have to do a 10 minute power point presentation on a fictitious territory that you plan to grow. After that its a panel style interview process with 5 people throwing numerous questions at you. Very very hard. I have a Masters Degree and 5 years sales experience. I nailed the interview, but no offer was extended. Perplexed by this.