FedEx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FedEx Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx in February 2017.

Interview

The overall interview process was great. Went really fast And smooth for me, considering that they do a lot of checks and balances throughout the process. The group panel kept the interview upbeat and intergetic.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was 9 situational questions. I was interviewed by 3 managers and they didn't ask me any other questions other than the situational questions. They were all very nice. At the end I asked if I could give my spill about why I wanted to go there and they were ok with that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult customer and you couldn't agree with what they were saying.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx in June 2017.

Interview

4 rounds. Simple and straight very tough interview They want the candidate to know everything like a god. They are not looking for an employee looking for a horse to run around the milky way. More interested in attire before even selected

Adjoint RH Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roissy-en-France (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Roissy-en-France (France)) in December 2013.

Interview

Candidature à une annonce et entretien un 24 décembre à ... 23h ! (site en horaires décallés).
    Mon profil était celui d'un jeune diplômé à la recherche d'une première expérience et je me suis vite rendu compte lors de l'entretien que le profil recherché était celui d'un opérationnel déjà expérimenté.
    L'entretien n'a été qu'une suite de questions dans un style très "examen" avec la (potentielle) manager posant des questions sur des situations précises et demandant des réponses précises que, bien sur, je n'avais pas.
    Pas d'échanges donc et un entretien très désagréable où je n'ai eu que la sensation d'être diminué en raison de mon inexpérience.

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi préciser sur votre CV que votre Master est classé n°2 au classement de liaions sociales et manpower car nous avons eu des expériences très négatives avec manpower et pour nous ce n'est pas un critère de choix très positif ?   1 Answer

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on fedex career, got an interview call......One Technical & Behavioral. In technical, covered about servlets, threads, core java, oops, jsps;;
    general behavior questions which we find on internet..top to questions

Interview Questions

• general behavior questions which we find on internet..top to questions   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Initial screen over the phone with a manager from Finance department - standard questions about experience, personality and why I want to work for FedEx. Lasted one hour. Very shortly afterwards, I was contacted by an admin assistant and given two exercises in Excel to test my Excel skills, as well as my analytical and presentation skills. Exercises were very thorough and required some time to complete. Within one week after submission, I was contacted by the admin assistant to schedule a panel interview for three weeks ahead. On the day of the panel interview, I spent 5 hours there. The first two hours were with the panel. They came in with a package of 11 questions - mostly problem solving and critical thinking, some examples of situations. Very rigorous process.

It is now one month, two follow-up emails, and still no feedback from them.

Interview Questions

• Timed for 60 seconds : Why do I want to work for FedEx?
      What factors would you consider in an analysis whether to take on a customer or not?   Answer Question

Threat Awareness Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

I sent my resume to FedEx for their advertised Threat Awareness Coordinator Position advertised.

FedEx sent me an email asking me to call them to set-up an interview.

They ask for your date of birth before they book your flight to Memphis, TN.

No problems with the pre-paid airline tickets.

FedEx booked us in the DoubleTree Hilton in Memphis.

If you arrive after 9:30 pm you will have to pay for a taxicab to get to the hotel from the airport. No hotel courtesy van available after 9:30 pm.

Cab fare is about $3.00 per mile and it’s just less than 10 miles from the airport to the hotel ($27.00 plus tip).

I had to put $106.00 on my credit card to stay at the hotel because the hotel staff said FedEx was not paying for the hotel room.

The person at FedEx that schedule the interview says they would get the hotel charges reversed on my credit card.

I haven’t received an email from my credit card company yet that $106.00 charge for the hotel is reversed.

I hope FedEx will reimburse me for the cab fares and meals that I submitted to them.

Hotel Van will not take you to FedEx where the interview is because it is more than 3 miles.

You will have to pay for another cab to the interview. It was more than $3.00 per mile and just less than 10 miles from the hotel to the interview location ($35.00 plus tip. $40.00 total).

The interview is with a 3-panel interview.

They asked for my Social Security number before the interview.

They seldom make eye contact with you during the interview because they are reading their questions from a piece of paper in front of them and writing your answers on that piece of paper.

Questions were difficult to hear sometimes because they were talking to the table.

All of the questions are “what kind of employee would you be.”

When they asked me if I had any question at the end of the interview they were unprepared and struggled with answering my questions.

Some of my questions were “is someone in this position now, why is he leaving, why did you call me in for an interview.”

FedEx did provide me transportation from the interview to the airport when I asked the person that scheduled the interview if she would help me get to the airport.

Interview panel didn’t offer transportation to the airport.

I emailed FedEx the next day saying I was not interested in their position.

Interview Questions

• Interested in only what kind of employee would you be. Would you fit into our corporate culture.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Dallas, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

Hiring process at FedEx is rigorous. The interview process breaks into 3 elements: written skills exams, an applied topic presentation and a behavior interview. The written skills exam focused on understanding corporate finance at a high level and how this information impacts supply chain and transporatation strategy. The presention followed similar lines with the evaluation focused on your ability to communicate complex information. Finally, the behavioral interview is a series of scenarios base on your previous work history. Quality "x' is important in this job. Tell us of a time in your previous work experience you faced this scenario and used quality "x" to succeed.

Interview Questions

• In looking at company "x's" 10k, how might cash flow impact their transporation decisions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was only a little negotiable. I needed to provide W2 evidence of previous salary

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Dallas, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

Expect behavioral interview questions. Explain gaps in employment. Have examples ready. First step is a phone interview followed by site visit if you make the cut. If you make the site visit (face to face interview) your odds are then 1:3 to 1:5.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had conflicting priorities? For example, your boss told you to do something and you thought it was not in the best interest of the company. The guidlines are fair and in line with industry norms. You will be paid somewhat more for your experience but not above what the position is worth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very rarely do they negotiate, especially in the current economy. If you counter be prepared to walk away. The salary guidelines are very structured.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

Standard screening then interviewed 4-5 applicants.

Interview Questions

• Die Hard question - you have two containers, one holds 3 gallons, one holds 5 gallons, unlimited supply of water. How do you get exacly 4 gallons in a container?   5 Answers