FedEx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.6

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on fedex career, got an interview call......One Technical & Behavioral. In technical, covered about servlets, threads, core java, oops, jsps;;
    general behavior questions which we find on internet..top to questions

Interview Questions

• general behavior questions which we find on internet..top to questions   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Initial screen over the phone with a manager from Finance department - standard questions about experience, personality and why I want to work for FedEx. Lasted one hour. Very shortly afterwards, I was contacted by an admin assistant and given two exercises in Excel to test my Excel skills, as well as my analytical and presentation skills. Exercises were very thorough and required some time to complete. Within one week after submission, I was contacted by the admin assistant to schedule a panel interview for three weeks ahead. On the day of the panel interview, I spent 5 hours there. The first two hours were with the panel. They came in with a package of 11 questions - mostly problem solving and critical thinking, some examples of situations. Very rigorous process.

It is now one month, two follow-up emails, and still no feedback from them.

Interview Questions

• Timed for 60 seconds : Why do I want to work for FedEx?
      What factors would you consider in an analysis whether to take on a customer or not?
      Answer Question

Threat Awareness Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

I sent my resume to FedEx for their advertised Threat Awareness Coordinator Position advertised.

FedEx sent me an email asking me to call them to set-up an interview.

They ask for your date of birth before they book your flight to Memphis, TN.

No problems with the pre-paid airline tickets.

FedEx booked us in the DoubleTree Hilton in Memphis.

If you arrive after 9:30 pm you will have to pay for a taxicab to get to the hotel from the airport. No hotel courtesy van available after 9:30 pm.

Cab fare is about $3.00 per mile and it’s just less than 10 miles from the airport to the hotel ($27.00 plus tip).

I had to put $106.00 on my credit card to stay at the hotel because the hotel staff said FedEx was not paying for the hotel room.

The person at FedEx that schedule the interview says they would get the hotel charges reversed on my credit card.

I haven’t received an email from my credit card company yet that $106.00 charge for the hotel is reversed.

I hope FedEx will reimburse me for the cab fares and meals that I submitted to them.

Hotel Van will not take you to FedEx where the interview is because it is more than 3 miles.

You will have to pay for another cab to the interview. It was more than $3.00 per mile and just less than 10 miles from the hotel to the interview location ($35.00 plus tip. $40.00 total).

The interview is with a 3-panel interview.

They asked for my Social Security number before the interview.

They seldom make eye contact with you during the interview because they are reading their questions from a piece of paper in front of them and writing your answers on that piece of paper.

Questions were difficult to hear sometimes because they were talking to the table.

All of the questions are “what kind of employee would you be.”

When they asked me if I had any question at the end of the interview they were unprepared and struggled with answering my questions.

Some of my questions were “is someone in this position now, why is he leaving, why did you call me in for an interview.”

FedEx did provide me transportation from the interview to the airport when I asked the person that scheduled the interview if she would help me get to the airport.

Interview panel didn’t offer transportation to the airport.

I emailed FedEx the next day saying I was not interested in their position.

Interview Questions

• Interested in only what kind of employee would you be. Would you fit into our corporate culture.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Dallas, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

Hiring process at FedEx is rigorous. The interview process breaks into 3 elements: written skills exams, an applied topic presentation and a behavior interview. The written skills exam focused on understanding corporate finance at a high level and how this information impacts supply chain and transporatation strategy. The presention followed similar lines with the evaluation focused on your ability to communicate complex information. Finally, the behavioral interview is a series of scenarios base on your previous work history. Quality "x' is important in this job. Tell us of a time in your previous work experience you faced this scenario and used quality "x" to succeed.

Interview Questions

• In looking at company "x's" 10k, how might cash flow impact their transporation decisions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was only a little negotiable. I needed to provide W2 evidence of previous salary

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Dallas, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

Expect behavioral interview questions. Explain gaps in employment. Have examples ready. First step is a phone interview followed by site visit if you make the cut. If you make the site visit (face to face interview) your odds are then 1:3 to 1:5.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had conflicting priorities? For example, your boss told you to do something and you thought it was not in the best interest of the company. The guidlines are fair and in line with industry norms. You will be paid somewhat more for your experience but not above what the position is worth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very rarely do they negotiate, especially in the current economy. If you counter be prepared to walk away. The salary guidelines are very structured.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

Standard screening then interviewed 4-5 applicants.

Interview Questions

• Die Hard question - you have two containers, one holds 3 gallons, one holds 5 gallons, unlimited supply of water. How do you get exacly 4 gallons in a container?   5 Answers

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Dallas, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

This interview process is BRUTAL! First of all this is an entry level position and FedEx acts like you are interviewing for NASA. The first step is a webinar that describes the position and everything that fedex expects from their employees. This process lasts about an hour. After that, they will email you a "Prove it " test- basically if you arent fresh out of College, get ready for 3 hours of critical thinking. Then "if" they call you, they will set you up with a one on one interview with a manager. If you get passed that they will invite you to the third interview where you will have to do a 10 minute power point presentation on a fictitious territory that you plan to grow. After that its a panel style interview process with 5 people throwing numerous questions at you. Very very hard. I have a Masters Degree and 5 years sales experience. I nailed the interview, but no offer was extended. Perplexed by this.

Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Toledo, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

I would rate the interview as difficult due to the manor of the two who questioned me on the situation test
    a five part question by the time they are done with the question (paragraph) your almost confused about your answer.
    This all happened after i waited 1 hr 15 min in the waiting room for my interview.
    their demeanor was cold as ice ,you leave having wondering how did i do?? absolutely no idea coming from the two robots who interviewed me. I felt as though i was taking them away from something they would rather be doing a smile is to much to ask, most questions are directed around someone with management experience Im applying for a driver position not management.

Interview Questions

• mostly about past job experience   1 Answer
    • I was never asked a single question about the job Im applying for   1 Answer

Senior Strategic Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in May 2010.

Interview

The 1st round was a behavioural interview + case study over the phone.
    After the 1st round interview was invited back for the 2nd round at the company premises.
    The interview day consisted of 3 1on1 meeting with peers, which was about gauging fit within the organization & I panel interview. The panel interview was very intensive, consisted of 3 case studies & behavioural questions. The panel interview matters the most.

Interview Questions

• Describe an analytical job or project in detail.   Answer Question
    • Describe a project or job in which you applied out of the box thinking & show how that was important to solving the problem.   Answer Question

Strategy/Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx in February 2016.

Interview

HR contacted to schedule interview. Was told video/skype interview but on the day of interview it was only phone interview wince there video was not working. They told me I was being considered for 4 different positions and there were 4 managers on the panel (Although I had applied only for 2 positions which were similar). 45 mins interview. Had difficulty hearing them and asked them to repeat several times. All questions were situational and behavorial. Same questions in different ways.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used analytical thinking and business acumen to solve a problem at work or school?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stressful situations? Give examples   Answer Question
    • How do manage deadlines?   Answer Question