FedEx Marketing Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2016

3.1

Senior Marketing Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process was detailed with one telephonic and one face to face. Face to face had a panel and 3 one to one interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in April 2010.

Interview

phone interview and ask for some behavior questions. Then on-site interview. Ask you why you're the best candidate for this position, how do you manage time, what kind of leader you like, a numerical problem, the computer skills.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you're in charge of a project that offer price discount offer to the customers?   Answer Question

Senior Strategic Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in October 2009.

Interview

step1 - HR person will contact to tell that they received resume and to find out if candidate is still interested

step2 - Hiring Manager will conduct 30 min phone interview mainly analytical/technical/experience type

step 3- On-site mix of behavioral, business case and analytical/quiz type questions. Questions geared around project management, leadership, analytical/technical, and collarboration skills. The last question asked is always tell why are you the best candidate for this position.

Interview Questions

• In an 8x8 checkerboard, how many squares are in it totally?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation possible for outside candidate but margin is narrow as ranges are tightly controlled by HR dept. Instead aks for relocation, sponsorship (if applicable) etc.

Interview

Panel interview. You need to demonstrate solid quantitative skills, analytical skills, communication skills, team orientation, general business acumen, and technical ability. Helps to know SQL, SAS, Excel, Unix, etc.

Senior Strategic Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx in January 2012.

Interview

1 Phone Interview + 1 on-site Interview

The on-site interview is consist of 3 1:1 professional interviews and 1 Panel Interview. The onsite interview is very similar to the phone interview.

The panel interview counts the most (80%). The panel interview involves 3 managers. They asked questions one by one. There are a lot of 9 questions.They asked a lot of Behavior Questions and Business Cases. Past experience is less relevant.

Before the interview, 2 analysts took you to dinner and asked your questions about FedEx or interview process.

Senior Marketing Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx in April 2011.

Interview

I just went through the first round. It was a phone interview last for 1 hour. I submitted my resume through university career center. Here are some questions asked during the interview.
    1. conflict with your boss. give an example
    2. projects are alwasy postpone twice longer as they expected. What
    factors do you think result in this? If you are the project leader,
    how will you do to avoid that?
    3. The Fedex will introduce a new service 12 pm commitment( previously
    have 8am and 5pm commitment) what factors will you consider to
    introduce this new service to the market?
    4. please compute the annual number of passenger within the US based
    on your assumption and finally give a exact number without using
    calculator.

The interview is almost based on behavior and quantitative questions. Nothing related to your past experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. conflict with your boss. give an example   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx in April 2010.

Interview

The job interview was a great experience. Two hiring managers peppered me with questions from an HR-provided template and made their decision after only ONE interview. I was thrilled with this, especially after interviewing with Amazon for several rounds. Since the interviewers seemed a little frustrated that they had to stick to the script, I found ways to answer their standard questions in roundabout ways that helped sell my strong points.

The questions were pretty predictable, includring things like strengths/weaknesses, where I saw myself in 5 years, ideas for the future of FedEx, times when I've used my analytical skills, etc. Even the pop quiz-style questions were basic, like "What are some examples of fixed and variable costs?"

Overall, I was very appreciative of their one-and-done approach to job interviewing. The fact that their questions were basic enough to not make me feel overly pressured, yet open-ended enough to allow me to sell myself, worked very well with my personality.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Melsbroek (Belgium)) in September 2009.

Interview

1st interview (panel interview): I had to show my knowledge on the company history and the competitor's highlights. What is the complexity of working in a region so broad as EMEA (India included)? How can I prove to be flexible when working in a multicultural atmosphere? How much do I know about sales compensation, and related technical skills (Excel, SQL, Access)? I showed I had a team work oriented and flexible personality, and what was my added value compared to other people (for instance, deep knowledge of logistics operations in emerging countries).

2nd interview (with the recruiting manager and 1 analyst reporting to him): Create a ranking with sales data using excel. Time allowing, create a concise and well organized ppt with your findings. Show how to use excel formulas and pivots, and prove your analytical skills when explaining the data.

Interview Questions

• 1. What would you describe as a challenge when working in aligning customers to a sls territory in EU vs MEA?
      2. How can you make sure that telesales are not working on big customers?
      3. Why is your analysis (ranking) showing a strange result for x position?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I had a very good interview, and had another offer, so I could negotiate a 30% increase vs the original offer. If you receive the offer, sell yourself! But don't do it at the beginning (for instance, asking if they offer a company car for an analyst position). That will demotivate the hiring manager to keep you in the selection process.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx in July 2008.

Interview

Phone interview with mostly behavioral questions and a couple of quantitative questions, followed by on-site interview - very similar to phone interview - lots of behavioral questions and a couple of business strategy and/or quantitative questions. Panel interview is done by three managers followed-by 1:1 interviews with professionals. Good opportunity to interact with future co-workers and understand how good a fit the job is with your goals.

Interview Questions

• How many white dishwashers are sold in the US annually?   Answer Question
    • What does it take to become a successful marketing analyst at FedEx   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little bit negotiation is feasible.