FedEx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FedEx Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

The interview format is a BAR interview which is behavior, action, result. You describe a situation (behavior) the action you took to resolve the situation (action) and the result from the actions you took.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked with s group of people to complete a project   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to resolve a customer issue   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Torrance, CA) in August 2007.

Interview

A friend of mine referred me to the OIT Manager who called me right after receiving my resume. We spoke once on the phone regarding my education, my relocation, my background, my current job and aspirations. He then requested to see me asap for a 1:1 interview. At the 1:1 interview I was questioned by OIT Manager and Supervisor regarding my expections at the job, problem solving strategies, accomplishments at my personal, professional and work level that I have felt have formed me into the individual I am.

Interview Questions

• Why will your challenge be toswitch from domestic transportation to international?   Answer Question
    • What are your best qualities, please explain those that have made you successful, helped you outstand and solve problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, I took it because I needed the job and new I would only be there for a couple of months because my relocation was only to complete a professional designation program. My advise will be to lie on how much you make, they told me they would ask for a check stub of my current job, which they didn't but its all a trick so that you give them the exact amount you make. I was worth more than what I was making and after they found out, the lower the initial amount that was posted for that position by 5K!

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Portland, OR) in August 2009.

Interview

Called job hotline. Set up appointment to visit facility to observe the operation. Toured the facility and made appointment for interview for the next day. Met with Service Manager for interview. Answered questions about prior experience and how they might apply to the job being interviewed for. Nothing about this job falls into the category of rocket science. Just a very labor intensive job in extreme conditions either very hot in the summer or very cold in the winter. The hours are difficult to deal with - 4 am to 7 am. Mainly what the Service Manager is looking for is whether or not you can stick with the job given the conditions since the turnover rate can be high for people who aren't accustomed to such a physical job in less than desirable conditions.

Negotiation

No negotiations took place. I was just happy to get the job.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx in October 2008.

Interview

This was pretty simple as the job isn't exactly high pay-its just a job. I spoke with the terminal manager and the route owner contacted me. I had my CDL already so after a short conversation about my past experience within the field, I was hired on the spot. After the holidays, I was asked if I wanted to stay as a full-time driver and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay was a flat daily rate with no benefits.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in August 2010.

Interview

i was already within the company, i was contacted by the manager himself telling me that i had the experience needed to be ahead of everyone else for the job, the interview pertained numerous questions, but nothing too complicated, it was a very relaxed interview, and i started the job the next week.

Interview Questions

• what came about, to make u want to work as a material handler   1 Answer

Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in March 2010.

Interview

Groups of 30-50 people sit and listen to some presentations, fill out paperwork, and are then brought in groups to complete an application on computer. App. consists of 10 years work and education experience. Then taken for interview. Then drug test and finger printing. Followed by more paperwork. Once you complete that you will hear something in about 1-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate at all. You can however request day or night shift.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FedEx in April 2011.

Interview

After applying online, the initial communications were via e-mail for the purpose of scheduling the interview. The interview questions centered around the job duties and my relevant experience and education. I expected a whole slew of tough interview questions; but, there were no off the wall interview questions and only two psychological interview questions. The interviewers were well-prepared, polite and friendly. They seemed to have a good working relationship with one another.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx in August 2011.

Interview

Called regarding job advertisement. I was told I would need to attend a observation of the work I could potentially be doing. Told to call if i was interested in filling out an application. Did so a few days later. A few days after that I was called in for a 'interview' which was nothing more than a few questions regarding physical aspect of work.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work continuously for 3 hours whilst lifting turning and bending?   1 Answer

Customer Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for a Customer Sales Consultant with FedEx Office. I recieved a phone interview which I was excited about because I am a pervious Fedex employee. Once it came to the phone interview, the interviewer I spoke with said that I wasn't a fit for the position and that thankfully there were people that they have were more qualified for the job than me. I didn't understand why she said this to me because she didn't ask me any questions, nor did she go over my credentials. In the end she did provide me a list of positions that she thought would be right for me.

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Elmsford, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward. The facility manager gives you a tour of the place and then you have the option to fill out an application on their computer if you want to pursue this position