FedEx Material Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

1.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

quick process, its more like being recruited or enlisted. I came in filled out online application, then took a drug test. and fingerprinted. then waited about 4 weeks for orientation classes which last about a week.

Interview Questions

• do you have a valid DL? do you have a felony charge. can you work nights outside in all kinds of weather? basically all i remember.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position through their website. About a week after I received an email to call the Recruitment Manager but unfortunately I was working all day. Emailed him, apologizing I was unable to call until after work or the day after which would be my day off. He replied to me with an "Ok...". For the very least I would have to say that that was a very unprofessional form of responding to a potential employee interested in the company. Despite the email I gave him a call the next day. He answered and had me wait for a recruiter to call me to conduct my phone interview about ten minutes after.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any Supervisor or Manager that works at FedEx   1 Answer
    • Do you work for any of our competitors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

what were my last employments? Which did i like most out of all of them.? Mark Poole showed me around the hub and explained the process of which i would be a part of. I met a few team mates. Obviously had to do a drug screen. Was shown a film of safety and how Fed ex basically started and why it is what is it today. Mark Poole is now in Control room but i must say a SHOUT OUT to not only the best manager i have worked for but WOW , what a FIRST CLASS PERSON HE IS. He believed in me and made me a stronger person.

Interview Questions

• are you able to lift 70lbs, how am i working with others, and am i good at crunch time   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter the next day after I applied. He asked basic questions like am I able to work the shift they had open and things like that. So he set me up for an interview and sent all the info I needed in an email. It was hard finding the place. When I got there they gave me and another person a tour and interview. Interview was easy she didn't really ask that many questions.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It wasn't an interview per say. I just showed up with a bunch of other people and we all got hired that day. Basically, if they send you to get a drug test, than you have the job. It did take a few weeks for them to call me back to start training, however you can call recruiting (they give you their phone number when your there) to get a status report. Make sure you guys have a valid Texas drivers license if you're going for this same job, you will need one to drive a tug.

Interview Questions

• They asked me general questions about my background, previous address, SSI number, driver's license number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Starts as group orientation then after they show you around the facilities they will conduct a one on one interview. It is so easy that you know once they show you around, you got the job. The material handler start pay is $13.35. While handler starts pay is $12.60. But the thing is, everybody starts as part time. at least 17 hours per week. But if you have availability and you want to help to other department, you can.

Material Handler Interview

Interview

very detailed the interview was fairly easy and self explanatory.the company was very helpful supportive with the interview. make sure u have most of the day free. be on time

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Took a month for the entire process. The HR staff was very informative with what the position was about and gave me tips on the assessment I had to take because she said I passed the interview and that I needed to set up for my assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where things did not go as planned and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in December 2012.

Interview

You apply online and pick your own interview date. When you show up you will be asked for certain information then you'll go in the sitting room amongst about 20-30people. The process will take about 2 and a half hours then you leave.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work on either day or night side?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

I was asked why did I apply for the job. And I was also drug screened and finger printed also. The process took at least 4 hours. There also was a second part of the interview you have to watch a couple videos for the training to get a better understanding of the job you applied for.

Interview Questions

• What made me apply for the position.   1 Answer