FedEx Office Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FedEx Office Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Plantation, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiting representative and had a very successful phone interview. The recruiter than informed me that the DSM Alex would be contacting me. Three week went by and the recruiter kept apologizing for the DM. Finally I received a call while I was at work. When retiring the call later that day the DM sounded extremely unorganized, and acted like they had no clue why I was calling them back. This bothered me and I decided to not pursue anything further.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate your team to achieve success of results   Answer Question
  • How do you motivate your team to achieve success of results   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx Office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Dearborn, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Very professional interview. The company is very kind. The interview was about a half hour long and they asked basic questions about my professional experience and personality. They definitely want to get a feel for your personality and how you work with others.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office.

Interview

There were three interviews: phone interview, interview with the center manager, and the final interview was with both the district manager and center manager. Overall the process was very positive. I was kept up to date the whole time, and everyone was very friendly. The interviews weren't too hard. Just some typical interview questions and also some more in depth management and retail based questions as well. Make sure you read about FedEx and make sure you are at least some what experienced in management and retail. All of the interviews were very laid back and really didn't feel like an interview... Overall very positive.

Interview Questions

• They ask many basic customer service/retail questions, but they will also ask some more in depth management questions. Make sure you read about FedEx...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was asked what I was looking in terms of pay and they gave me a fair rate.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The first interview is an informal phone interview with a regional recruiter. This usually lasts twenty to thirty minutes and the interviewer asks around 5 to 10 questions. The second part of the process is either a face to face interview with the district manager, the center manager, or both at the same time in my case. This interview lasts 20-45 minutes and involves 8 to 15 questions, pending on your answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation? What would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Was called a week later for an interview for the next Wed at 11am. On Wed at 10:30 I was called and told they needed to reschedule for the next week, and to call Fri (when my schedule comes out) to setup a time.

I called Fri, no answer. Mon, no answer. Tue and Wed the manager was in "meetings" at multiple times of the day and to call back. I then get an e-mail informing me on Thurs that the position was filled.

I don't appreciate having my time wasted. Canceling the interview with a half hour notice, is wrong, but emergencies happen (the line I was fed at least). However, avoiding and ducking rescheduling calls you told me to make is unprofessional and classless.

After this experience I will never apply to this company, nor do any personal or professional business with FedEx anymore.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Beverly Hills, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I took and passed an assessment, received a phone interview from the Assistant Manager at another store. Interview went well, got invited to in person interview. Interviewed two people in person, Assistant Manger and General Manager and the interview went great! I got a call back to make sure the team had my correct application online. I realized my account was linked to another employee. After waiting I was told that I do not have a proper re-hire status. I was then denied the job. They told me to call the Work Number. I called and they said that they only released reference information to them. So I guess my departure at another company made me loose my chances. Lesson learned, don't burn bridges.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to think on your feet to solve a potentially damaging problem.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx Office in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed by the recruiter to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was extremely friendly and positive. They asked me to walk them through my resume and then asked some basic screening questions expected for the role. They asked if I had any questions and patiently answered all of them. They were extremely thorough with their answers and spent a lot of time explaining the benefits and compensation. They made me feel very welcome and I was excited to continue the process. They said I would be recommended for the second interview and I would hear from the center manager in a few days.

The center manager contacted me by phone a few days later to set up the first in person interview. They followed an interview guide that consisted of mostly behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when you gave excellent customer service, etc.) that were typical. They did however ask additional questions that I believe were not on the guide which made me feel very uncomfortable and put on the spot (Why can't you get a promotion at the job you already have? Why did you not tell your current employer that you are looking for a new job? Why should I pay you more than you are making at your current job?)

They let me know that I would be contacted to set up a final interview with the district manager if I was selected. I felt that my experience with the center manager was extremely different from the friendly recruiter whom I was impressed with. Because the nature of some of the questions I was asked made me feel uncomfortable, I chose not to continue with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you not tell your current employer that you are looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

FedEx Office was an easy interview, and great place to work when it was owned by Kinkos..... totally different mind set and interview tactics after it was taken over by FedEx. Expect to have the most cookie cutter answers thrown at you, even those they already know about you. Same is true if you are interviewing for a position you've previously held.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls and expects their job sooner than you had told them it would take, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Not enough incentive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ardmore, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Ardmore, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

I met with the District Manager upon setting up an interview over the phone within a day. We had a very solid interview/ conversations pertaining to personal and company goals, employee development, and the usual interview questions. I was then set up for a second interview the next week with two store managers. Again, the questions were very basic, especially if you have the slightest bit of retail management experience.

Interview Questions

• There were none. It was a very straight forward retail interview process.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx Office.

Interview

Applied online and was quickly contacted by a recruiter. Set up a phone interview and was recommended for a face-to-face interview at the store that I applied at. The interview went really well and lasted for almost an hour and a half.