FedEx Office Center Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FedEx Office Center Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2017

3.1

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Office.

Interview

Question based packet recruiter or interviewer(s) will ask questions from. Be specific by answering with real stories not hypothetical answers. Sometimes you will have multiple hiring managers to interview you OR you may interview with several candidates at one time (Panel Interviews). You may be asked to sell a retail item to the panel during the face to face.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to alert someone of a mistake you made. What made you tell them? What was there response?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx Office

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The process is straight forward. You interview with store managers within that particular district that you're applying to. The initial interview is set up, like a panel. Each individual will ask you questions related to their experience and your experience within a manager role. Then after that interview, you'll meet with District Manager and answer a few question, in order to get a recommendation. If, you receive that recommendation, the Regional manger will contact you, ask a few questions, then extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to reconcile an issue that your team created..
      How do you connect with a team, that previously had issues with former managers?
      How would you maximize productivity and results without over-staffing or using too much payroll?
      Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FedEx Office in April 2016.

Interview

After almost 4 months of constant emails, (4) phone interviews, and (1) in-person interview I was FINALLY offered the position. It took a lot longer than expected for the whole process to be completed. Once there is the in-person interview the process is quite fast. It took about 10 days from the in-person interview for me to receive the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of the time of when you had an employee that was not performing up to the standard?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you trained/mentored someone and they became successful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Online application, ther are two assessments I've took, then an one on one interview with the distric manager, then a phone interview with a recruiter asking situational questions related to a leadership position, and the a 3rd interview in a panel format with several senior managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a busy, and always changing agenda?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was simply told the pay rate and the bonus scheme.

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office.

Interview

The process was thorough but fair. The focus remained on providing an excellent customer experience and the tools necessary to make that happen. Though extensive, it was done in a timely manner with great communication throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to improve the customer experience while increasing store sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was fair and I knew what to expect going in.

Center Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was misleading They didn’t paint a good picture of your actual job. Fedex Office isn’t just shipping.it’s a lot of printing,copies and ton of other stuff. With very little staff.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Miami, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Recruiter, Panel Interview - DM and 2 other managers

Interview Questions

• Nothing totally unexpected, reviewed interview guide thoroughly. Everything sort of feeds out from it even if not a direct question per guide.   Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

Interview

It was easy more looking for experience and accomplishments

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very professional interview with recruiter, great conversation mixed with behavioral interview. Open and honest discussion. Second interview with two district managers was shady. One dm was 20 minutes late, offered no apology, was cold and disinterested. Second dm on phone was searching for very focused customer service attributes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to develop great customer service in a store and what things did you employ to achieve successÉ   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The company really focuses on hiring people with outgoing personalities. It's specialty retail so that makes sense. The second most important quality is time management, and organization. This also makes a lot of sense since every position in the field for FXO is heavily tasked. Your overall appearance isn't a deal breaker, but each person in a panel interview will watch how many notes you take, and how quickly you move from those notes to asking probing questions. FedEx OpCo. prides itself on living the Purple Promise so having a fundamental understanding of experiential customer service is important.

Interview Questions

• Which past manager has liked you the least, and what would this person tell me about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. I received a second interview, and shortly thereafter an offer letter.