FedEx Office Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.8

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The process is straight forward. You interview with store managers within that particular district that you're applying to. The initial interview is set up, like a panel. Each individual will ask you questions related to their experience and your experience within a manager role. Then after that interview, you'll meet with District Manager and answer a few question, in order to get a recommendation. If, you receive that recommendation, the Regional manger will contact you, ask a few questions, then extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to reconcile an issue that your team created..
      How do you connect with a team, that previously had issues with former managers?
      How would you maximize productivity and results without over-staffing or using too much payroll?
      Answer Question

Fedex Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, call back within 2-3 weeks. Had a quick phone interview. Next I interviewed with 2 office center managers that were very nice and casual. Interview took 10 mins.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Prep before interview. Visit fedex website to learn about the company. Be yourself even if you are nervous it's okay just relax and answer all the questions honestly.
    Being honest gets you the job.

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was extremely long (three weeks +), and it takes a month to start orientation. So plan your two weeks notice after hearing your start date first. I immediately submitted my two weeks notice and was out of work for two weeks due to this craziness.

Center Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They let you sell yourself and don't do much talking.
    i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fedex? Describe a time when... Typical interview.   Answer Question

Senior Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter, then an in person interview with hiring manager with really standard questions (happy customer/irate customer, a time you took initiative, etc.), finally a phone interview with the managing director following up on notes passed to him from the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• about effectiveness of role playing and creating a "selling culture"   Answer Question

Center Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

There are usually three managers in the interview. Dress nicely and print your resume on nice resume paper, because they pay close attention to that. As long as you are friendly and bubbly, and know your stuff (be it computer programs or customer service) you'll do great.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of great customer service you have given?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Since it is technically retail, there is not much wiggle room in terms of pay.

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The company really focuses on hiring people with outgoing personalities. It's specialty retail so that makes sense. The second most important quality is time management, and organization. This also makes a lot of sense since every position in the field for FXO is heavily tasked. Your overall appearance isn't a deal breaker, but each person in a panel interview will watch how many notes you take, and how quickly you move from those notes to asking probing questions. FedEx OpCo. prides itself on living the Purple Promise so having a fundamental understanding of experiential customer service is important.

Interview Questions

• Which past manager has liked you the least, and what would this person tell me about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. I received a second interview, and shortly thereafter an offer letter.

Senior Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Somewhat grueling when it came to completing an online assessment. It left me believing that there was no way I would be considers because it was very challenging to take. But, once going through the process I feel that you have earns a chance to prove yourself. It was not like filling a position just because I applied.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did not perform good customer service?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Very thorough, multiple interviews, including phone and face-to-face. Initial Recruiter screened first, then interviewed in person with Hiring Manager, then with panel of executives. The majority of the questions were situational and they wanted most to hear about accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to ensure Human Resources has a seat at the table?   Answer Question

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I interviewed at a time they did bulk interviews. I interviewed with a panel of about 3-4 managers from different locations. Then I had a one on one with the district manager. After that, I believe he told me there whether or not I was hired. Later I had to meet with the manager I would actually work with. This was mainly to sign paperwork etc.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to handle a difficult customer and how did you solve the situation?   Answer Question