FedEx Office Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

FedEx Office Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied to one location and went in for an interview. Didn't get the job. Same day applied to a different location. Two days later received an email to set an interview. Completed that interview and was sent to a second interview a few days later. You've most likely got the job if you go to the second interview. Not all center managers do two interviews and some might hire on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were given a task to complete but wasn't able to do so, and how did you inform your boss.

Tell me about a time you made a mistake. How did you resolve it?

How likely are you to admit you made a mistake?

Describe yourself and your work skills.

How well do you respond to commands from management and other coworkers?

Tell me about a time where you convinced a customer to purchase something they didn't come to purchase. (Or a time where you had to up-sell an item).

What are the steps you would take to train someone under you?

Do you have any skills with Microsoft or Adobe?

Why are you a good fit for Fedex Office?

What salary are you looking to start at?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I completed the online application and then the assessment. I then followed up with the Center Manager via phone and then in person. Next, I interviewed with the Center Manager and finally had a phone interview with the district manager. Both interviews were relatively informal. Both managers asked mostly behavioral questions ("tell me about a time you were unable to meet a deadline...") from a script provided by FedEx Corporate (I think).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unable to meet a customer's expectations?   2 Answers

Center Lead Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial call from a recruiter who was extremely polite. The recruiter asked typical questions about pass experiences and why FedEx.
    Was told that a someone will call soon to schedule a interview.
    Got the call went in for the interview, first with store manager and then district manager.

Both asked the same questions, why FedEx, tell me about yourself. In the end I was offered a job but the pay was less.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle customers who aren't very nice to deal with   1 Answer

The pay is too low.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Beverly Hills, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I took and passed an assessment, received a phone interview from the Assistant Manager at another store. Interview went well, got invited to in person interview. Interviewed two people in person, Assistant Manger and General Manager and the interview went great! I got a call back to make sure the team had my correct application online. I realized my account was linked to another employee. After waiting I was told that I do not have a proper re-hire status. I was then denied the job. They told me to call the Work Number. I called and they said that they only released reference information to them. So I guess my departure at another company made me loose my chances. Lesson learned, don't burn bridges.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to think on your feet to solve a potentially damaging problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Carson, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

it went fast and there two interviews one over the phone and one in person. Asked questions in how I would go about a customer situation and how I would solve the problem and have the customer leave satisfied.

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Laguna Niguel, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 different centers and did not hear back. i was hired on the spot at my third location without an interview by word of mouth of the previous managers i had interviewed with

Interview Questions

• How would you handle (difficult customer)?   1 Answer

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Beverly Hills, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview.
    1 on 1 interview.
    Drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you know of the company success?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none.. you accept anything when you really really need it.

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Commerce, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The entire process took about three months. I applied online and one month later got a phone interview. Then, I was asked to come in for an in person interview with the hiring manager. About a week after that I had a phone interview with the district manager. He told me he would let me let me know within a week if I was chosen for the position and he would also call if I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions and also was asked my availability, if I would resign from my current job and he asked me how I would upsell a pen to a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Hiring and interview process moves smoothly. They move quick and follow through with that they say they are going to do. Once hired, the start date is usually about a week from signing your offer letter and the offer is contingent on passing a drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an upset customer. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Long Beach, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview was based on issues going on at that location. Semi-professional/semi-informal. The manager was the one who was in charge of the interview, but she had an assistant manager in the interview with her to write down their opinion and give feedback on the interview to her.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict   1 Answer