FedEx Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Package Handler Part-time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neville Island, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Neville Island, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Went to sort observation and was asked back to interview with shift manager. Scheduled interview with HR but shift manager never showed. After 45min of manager being paged/called I left.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through wll known online jobs site. The recruiting process for FedEx is done through a staffing company FedEx has outsourced to do their talent acquisition. All Email correspondence and PDF forms to begin with with general vague questions about experience. Completed the form and sent it back within 24 hours. Recruiter emailed back tersely that he was expecting it it back within half an hour after he emailed it and it was holding up the review process. Nowhere in his correspondence or on the form did he indicate this. I told him this and twice he said he made it perfectly clear in his correspondence he had. Later, he said he hadn't stated the expectations ... but told me that it is customary for applicants to return pre-interview forms within 30 minutes and I should have known that. And he wanted specific details about my past/current employers, their rates, their current sales and marketing personnel staffing sizes, management turnover, the types of marketing campaigns and associated costs of those, the names of the top 15 customers I worked with and how much they shipped per quarter, if I had ever worked for UPS or knew someone who worked for UPS, specifically marketing and sales. All questions I found to be highly questionable to ask in a preliminary interview. And the recruiter was pushy - in emails he stated that they needed the information asap to keep me in consideration for the position - they weren't interested in anything else on my resume except specific marketing and sales questions about my present employer and the salaries and commission rates of those working there. I figured this entire "job interview" was just a data gathering exercise and there was no actual job. I told the recruiter that if the way the interview was being handled was any indication of FedEx conducts business or its company culture, I wanted no part of their company and maybe they should consider using a different talent staffing company.

Interview Questions

• Provide the names of your Top 15 customers and how much they shipped per quarter. Did they use FedEx?   2 Answers

Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

First step was a technical interview over phone for almost 50 mins. After more than a month I got email stating that there is another face to face round which will be behavioral interview.
    So usually FedEx has these two rounds.
    In technical round they ask basics to some advance concept of java. In behavioral round, question was pretty much standard. You can easily find some standard behavioral questions on internet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time when you had conflict with one of your team member or professor?   Answer Question

Package Handlere Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had to set up a time to do a walk though in the warehouse, that took like 20 minutes. They said if we was interested they would send us an email to fill out application. I had walk through on Friday and they send the app out later that same day. I filled it out on Monday and they called me the same day to come in for an interview on Tuesday but I have it scheduled for Wednesday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Coraopolis, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions with a few basic computer science questions. It was very easy, but that may be because I had an internship with the company previously. I'm sure it helped that I already knew the people interviewing me.

Senior Strategic Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Situational interviews. Supposed to be a diverse panel but in the last two interviews I've had there were only males. They usually hire internally. The company created a new lower level for a recent female hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about a projects or something that didn't work out like it was supposed to.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online and received a call for a phone interview 3 days later. Then went to the corporate office in Pittsburgh for an interview with 2 people. First given 30 minutes to prepare a presentation explaining why they should choose you and how you plan to succeed in this role. Then they read a series of questions from a booklet, all of which seemed to have the same answer. A lot of "tell us about a time when..." and they always wanted more and more details even when there weren't any. I found the whole process tedious and annoying and was counting the seconds until the interview would come to an end. After the interview it took 3 weeks before I heard anything back about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Account Execurive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

First is a phone interview and then you have a face to face interview. The face to face is a presentation by you and a panel of managers. All behavior questions. Be prepared to know how to use PowerPoint and excel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Interview

Group presentation about FedEx and the position itself. This was followed by 2-3 face to face interviews. At this point you must take a personality exam and pass the drug/background checks.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with standard scripted questions. May have to go through a few of those before getting a face to face interview as people interviewing usually looking for an exact answer from the script.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 principles of object oriented programming?   1 Answer
    • What is a static variable?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is a must as they will try to low ball you.