Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 114 of over 114 interviews

Interviews at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Positive65%
Recruiter6%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

All interview question are the same across all candidates and they require that all of your answers are delivered within the same structure by providing the situation, your actions, and the result.

Interview Questions
  • Provide an example of a time when you worked in a group and encountered an obstacle.
    Answer Question

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

Scheduled online, then did a phone interview with the people in the department. They asked standard interview questions related to the role. Wasn't super long on intensive. Was offered a conditional offer about a month later, background investigation took 10+ months

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

virtual interview over Microsoft Teams; started with discussing on what the job was and then moved on to questions regarding team work mostly and then your personal strengths and weaknesses

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

Was mostly behavioral with a few technical questions. Important to know the different between the FBI and CIA and other notes about the structure of the government. The process is a few stages and requires a background check and character interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is the different between the CIA and FBI?

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

A background check is needed, after initial cuts you are given a phone interview with the department and the location you applied for. Questions are pretty typical interview questions. Asked about your interest in fbi and about experiences that might help you.

Interview Questions
  • How were you a leader at your university or lead a team? Leadership experience basically

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (Honolulu, HI)

Interview

The interview was held over the phone and was for their Oahu location. The interview was with multiple people simultaneously, which felt very odd given that I couldn't see anyone's face.

Interview Questions
  • Every question began with asking you to provide an example in which you did something or displayed a characteristic followed by "and what was the outcome." Example: Name a time you had to gather information from multiple resources. What was the outcome?

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (Atlanta, GA) in Feb 2021

Interview

The process was very much intensive. You will have to remember your 10 work history to the best of your ability. My process was stopped after taking the polygraph exam. The examiner will be befriend you but will have you overthinking a lot of the questions. According to her, I had issues in the segment regarding my work history. I informed her that everything is truthful and honest. She informed me to write an explanation for my discrepancies regarding that portion of the exam. However, that would cost me in the long run. I wrote down that I may have left a job out but may be uncertain that it was within the 10 year mark. I received a letter stating that my process was stop due to failure to pass the polygraph exam. Overall, I think that the process is a bit much because they send you a offer letter after your first interview. You can be honest and truthful but if you can't pass the polygraph exam. Your process will be finished. I feel like it's there loss in the end. The polygraph exam is not so proficient to use.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

They email you with information to set up a call with the office they specify. The interview lasts about 30 minutes over the phone. Then they take a few weeks to follow up.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (Atlanta, GA) in Jan 2021

Interview

The test are extremely difficult. I suggest anyone wanting to be an analyst study extensively. I did the written test and was not chosen to go further. I have an advanced degree and I struggled.

Interview Questions
  • Read a set of related paper and answer questions. No other parameters

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

Applicants Are provided with thorough preparation materials and guided through the interview process. All questions were to be expected during on past experience and skills and ample time was provided to come up with responses.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 Interviews