Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Interview Questions

Interviews at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

3.3

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Interview

I am a high IQ person who was offered a position as an intelligence analyst at the FBI.

The time between when I applied to when I got a job offer took 4 years.

The FBI is incredibly unprofessional. I was literally boarding a plane to go to an interview for the intelligence analyst position and I called FBI administrative staff, asking why the flight reservation they booked didn't work and why I had to buy my own flight when I arrived at the airport. The administrative staff informed me for the first time that my interview has been cancelled a week prior. No one told me before.

When the interview was rescheduled, I had to contact FBI administrative staff and ask them to book the flight, which could have been done earlier. The flight cost them a lot of money because they waited so long to book it.

The FBI spends a huge amount of money interviewing candidates for intelligence analyst positions and then pays them a ridiculously small amount. My job offer was only for about $45k, and that included locality pay. They choose what state you live in, and you'll learn you are moving to a high-cost city like NY or San Francisco only after you quit your current job and do the intelligence analyst training.

I told the polygrapher examiner I had an autonomic nervous system disorder before the polygraph was to start. She lied that my polygraph was suddenly cancelled for another reason, as if I was that stupid enough to believe it, and then I got a letter saying that I was disqualified. A polygraph measures the autonomic nervous system, so polygraphs are essentially a method of discrimination against people with autonomic nervous systems.

I wasn't upset that the FBI retracted their employment offer because I didn't want to work with the FBI by this time. The organization is just so unprofessional.

I got the impression that the FBI wants very smart employees, but also wants people who never question what they are told by the FBI. Smart people question what they are told.

Interview Questions

• I can't talk about the interview questions.   1 Answer

FBI Special Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

Speaking solely on the structured interview, which takes several months to schedule after passing multiple exams, this was an intense but humbling experience. Three agents ask you questions about your life, career, achievements, and professional experiences and how they are applicable to the bureau.

Interview Questions

• I can't disclose this information.   1 Answer

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (Bloomington, IN) in January 2020.

Interview

Why do you want this job you must tell me in complete sentences please contact a district administrator about passing the interview please and thank you we protect and serve we do the more advance crimes if we get called out it’s major

Budget Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Interview

three interviewers for on campus interview, asked 7 questions with the request that you answer by telling about situation, action, and results. Each interviewer took turns and then there was time at end for me to ask questions of them

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use to analyze financial information?   Answer Question

HonorsProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (Reno, NV) in October 2019.

Interview

Over the phone with 2 individuals. Gave basic overview of job and what they are doing. When into ask questions and took notes while I answered. The questions were often situation based, and asked for the interviewee to describe in depth the situation. Once done you may ask questions and that’s it.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and few weeks later got a phone call saying they'd like to bring me in for an interview. There were about 30 other students that they brought into a room and talked about the general internship experience, then took each of us one by one into a room with several full-time employees. You sat down at a table with one of them and they asked you questions for about a half hour. Once you finished, you were free to go.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you overcame adversity.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had very little information but still needed to accomplish the objective- what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in September 2019.

Interview

You meet two interviewers in a private room. They pull out your resume and a set of prepared questions. From there you sign a Non Disclosure Agreement to keep the rest of the interview private. I will say though that the questions are very typical and if you were looking to do a specific role as an intern, you are technically applying for all roles. What I mean is that if you were a CS major, then you might still be rotated into a non-CS role and that was something explained to me that maybe would be worth noting. Also in the lead up to the interview, they asked for interviewees' social security number over email which I thought was strange, but they allowed for people to call up instead of emailing.

Interview Questions

• NDA was signed so I can't give a specific question. Just think of something typical any employer will ask.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Interview

You first take a coding challenge, if you pass you'll get to interview with a panel of technical experts. I personally had an excellent experience. The panel was patient and very thorough with their questions. It was apparent to me that they were prepared to get to know you and your potential. I enjoyed getting to learn about the nature of working at FBI and I was excited with the idea of potentially working there and making a difference. The interview really felt like a conversation, it was very relaxed with plenty of opportunities to ask questions. Overall, I'd give the whole experience a 5 out 5, and regardless of the outcome, I'll definitely keep applying to the FBI.

Interview Questions

• Aside from the data structure and algorithm questions, they really want to see if you can back your experiences listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Special Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The job application process progressed in multiple stages with detailed application and screening exams, multiple in-person interviews, physical tests, and background/security investigations. The process is outlined in some detail at fbijobs.gov.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Went around table asking directly from job description. How are you qualified to do this and give examples. Wanted specific situations where you did what was in job description.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of how you did this.   1 Answer