KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 134 of over 134 interviews

Interviews at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Positive62%
Recruiter6%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

They judged you based on core competences. Kept interviews tight and short. Did not let you over-explain - and cut you off if you did. Interviewers were strict but fair.

Interview Questions
  • They questioned me based on my area of study in school.
    Answer Question

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

Two phone call interviews. One being a technical interview to see how knowledgeable you are in the field. Pretty simple process but then you have to go through a background check. The background is a pretty strenuous process but worthwhile in the end.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

The interview is a standard oral board panel with several individuals taking turns to ask questions. I can't give specifics related to the questions because of an NDA required as part of the process; however, prepare for standard STAR interview with real life examples of prior experiences.

Interview Questions
  • Standard STAR based questions. Make sure to be prepared with real life examples.

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

The overall interview process was good. I spoke with three team members on Teams and they had helpful things to share about the job and working environment. Only thing was that the job description is VERY vague, so they can't give many details. What really soured my experience was that after having been dropped from the internship program 6 months into a background check (due to Covid), I was again dropped from this job opportunity 9 months into the background check with NO explanation.

Interview Questions
  • They gave very general interview questions. Just prepare ahead of time with explanations about your experience and it should be pretty easy.

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

Applied online first by submitting a resume and cover letter. I was then contacted for a phone interview. Talked on the phone and asked common interview questions. Asked specific questions about my resume (even about my interests)

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you failed.
1 person found this interview helpful

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Feb 2022

Interview

It was a panel interview of three FBI employees. One of them was from the HR department. They asked several scripted questions and then allowed me to ask them questions. The whole process took about 25 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • The questions seemed like standard questions on how I handled myself in a particular situation. They are looking to see how fast you think on your feet.

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Application

I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Interview

It was a phone call with a special agent and someone from HR. They asked a few questions and then let me ask questions. It only lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (Denver, CO) in Jan 2022

Interview

Applied and got a response after 2 months for an interview. The interview was based on STAR interview method with multiple parts per question. Multiple people interviewed. More difficult than you think.

Interview Questions
  • Dealing with difficult people? How did you handled it? What would you do differently?

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (Huntsville, AL)

Interview

I interviewed and was offered the job, provisional on a background check. For reasons unknown to me, I failed the polygraph exam, and was rejected, without the option to try again.

Interview Questions
  • When I had found an error in my work and what I did to about it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (Pittsburgh, PA) in Oct 2021

Interview

Direct, straight to the point. seemed like very personable people overall. at the same time very analyzing. they pay a lot of attention to detail like body language, eye contact even down to the way you shake their hand

Interview Questions
  • Q: What are some of the reasons I got into the computer field
Viewing 1 - 10 of 134 Interviews

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) as 63.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.28 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Management and Program Analyst and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Special Agent roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) takes an average of 145 days when considering 138 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 78 days), whereas FBI Special Agent roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 318 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) according to 138 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 16.49%