Federal Bureau of Prisons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Bureau of Prisons Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Interview

You take a culture fit assessment test, then a panel interview. Its logic and reasoning as well as a culture fit assessment test. A tip to pass is always go for the "text book" answer. The panel is straight forward situational questions, #what would you do if" type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic "what would you do if" questions. Nothing to hard.   Answer Question

Medical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yazoo City, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Yazoo City, MS) in January 2017.

Interview

Written sample after watching a video. This sample is to prove that you can write a report. Panel interview before 5 staff. Tell them something about yourself and your experience. Why you think the BOP is for you?

Interview Questions

• Medical scenarios and situations How would the employee handle the situation? before a panel.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Inez, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Inez, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Testing with HR, and watching videos about scernios and doing incident reports. Now onto my second phase which is the panel interview. Not sure when they administer a drug screen, but i signed the papers consenting to one.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Interview with HR; panel interview with executive staff; medical and drug test; interview with psychologist; after some time on the job you have to complete academy at FLETC, and one year probation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Interview

1. Apply through USAJOBS.
    2. If best qualified, you will be contacted for an interview.
    3. Take computer based test based off current knowledge.
    4. If you pass interview and test you will be given an offer.

Negotiation

NA

Interview

Prepare answers for commonly asked questions. Typically applicants ask questions including job specifics, salary information, benefits, the interview process and the hiring timeframe. Make sure you have answers to these questions prior to the screening interview. If the applicant asks questions that you do not know the answer to, be sure to follow up with the answers in a timely manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Berlin, NH) in September 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. Common sense questions that leave a bit of ambiguity within the response. Your mission is to protect the greater good (the public), and your response should reflect that. The paper work leading up to the review and post interview was a lot and I did not finish the process (not enough time working 70 to 80 hrs a week @ current job) because of steady current employment with better pay than they start at. A great opportunity for the area.

Interview Questions

• If a inmate grabbed you near the exit with a knife to your throat what would you do?   3 Answers

Policy Advising Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Interview

Quick, there is drug test and background check. Very standard sttuff, the background check requires security clearance which could take weeks or months. its really not hard assuming youve done nothing wrong, its just another interview you have to take basically.

Interview Questions

• They just asked about my education and since I was still in school, what relevant courses I have taken.   Answer Question

Federal Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Dublin, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

You first have to take a test after watching a video. Its very easy just pay close attention to everything in the video. Then you speak to the Captain or shift Lieutenants. They ask you a few questions and write down your answers and they will tell you how you did and what you should have said or if any of your answers created questions. Then you wait about 3 months and you should get called back to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If the warden was taken hostage and he gave in order would you follow that order.
      If you know someone is doing something they are not suppose to do you report it or look the other way?
      There is a altercation between the natives and the Hispanics about watching two different tv channels what do you do?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

You will have a group interview with HR and the people from your department. The interview questions are those from a standard interview. I would also note that you must be prepared for questions related to the exact position and your experience in that area