Federal Bureau of Prisons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Bureau of Prisons Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.7

Correction Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Interview

I went for my interview but wasn't allowed to follow through with it because I wrote on the paper I have been suspended from my past job. It happened a year ago. It was a mandatory suspension that everyone gets if they get into an accident with the company truck. They told me I was able to re apply just not enough time had passed yet. She wasn't able to tell me exactly how much time has to pass before I can qualify again. But she told me to keep trying. Does anyone else know of the time frame ??

Anonymous Employee in Pekin, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Pekin, IL).

Interview

Panel interview process consisting of 10 members. The Warden, Captain, HR Manager, 2 Lieutenants which was followed by a complete physical and urinalysis test. This was a courtesy interview process conducted in Illinois for my first duty station in Massaschussets.

Interview Questions

• Where can contraband be hidden?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Interview

You take a culture fit assessment test, then a panel interview. Its logic and reasoning as well as a culture fit assessment test. A tip to pass is always go for the "text book" answer. The panel is straight forward situational questions, #what would you do if" type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic "what would you do if" questions. Nothing to hard.   Answer Question

Medical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yazoo City, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Yazoo City, MS) in January 2017.

Interview

Written sample after watching a video. This sample is to prove that you can write a report. Panel interview before 5 staff. Tell them something about yourself and your experience. Why you think the BOP is for you?

Interview Questions

• Medical scenarios and situations How would the employee handle the situation? before a panel.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Inez, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Inez, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Testing with HR, and watching videos about scernios and doing incident reports. Now onto my second phase which is the panel interview. Not sure when they administer a drug screen, but i signed the papers consenting to one.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Interview with HR; panel interview with executive staff; medical and drug test; interview with psychologist; after some time on the job you have to complete academy at FLETC, and one year probation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Interview

1. Apply through USAJOBS.
    2. If best qualified, you will be contacted for an interview.
    3. Take computer based test based off current knowledge.
    4. If you pass interview and test you will be given an offer.

Negotiation

NA

Interview

Prepare answers for commonly asked questions. Typically applicants ask questions including job specifics, salary information, benefits, the interview process and the hiring timeframe. Make sure you have answers to these questions prior to the screening interview. If the applicant asks questions that you do not know the answer to, be sure to follow up with the answers in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons in December 2015.

Interview

I received a Panel interview about a month after submitting application. Questions vary. I interviewed twice and the questions were different each time. But they were common since questions. So if you have some of that then you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• If the warden was taken hostage would you comply with demands to release a prisoner   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Berlin, NH) in September 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. Common sense questions that leave a bit of ambiguity within the response. Your mission is to protect the greater good (the public), and your response should reflect that. The paper work leading up to the review and post interview was a lot and I did not finish the process (not enough time working 70 to 80 hrs a week @ current job) because of steady current employment with better pay than they start at. A great opportunity for the area.

Interview Questions

• If a inmate grabbed you near the exit with a knife to your throat what would you do?   3 Answers