Federal Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

This is a typical government position. I applied through USAJOBS.com and was called in for a series of two interviews. I worked in the Agency as a contractor before I applied, so I had some inside information about the DoT.

Contracting Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (Norfolk, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

the interview was conducted as a panel interview after resume review. The interview was extremely quick 45 minutes and consisted of a bank of standardized questions. I remember the interview was focused on contract types awarded, experience utilizing the Federal Aquisition Regulations and Department of Defense requirements. Level of Certification and familiarization of the PPMAP process. How to handle difficult customers and incomplete aquisition requests.

Interview Questions

• Describe you experience in preparing for a PPMAP for both Purchase Card Program and Contract Management   Answer Question

Contracting Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC).

Interview

Long, periods with no update, hurry up and wait, Interview was extremely structured panel interview. Involved personality and IQ tests to determine eligibility. Security clearance process took months. Asked extremely personal questions to "peal back your personal onion".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to sacrifice what you wanted to do for the greater good.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Government (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Situational questions asking for examples of what you did in the past in this or that type of situation. Basic questions about your years of experience handling basic administrative tasks. Not much about actual law or legal issues. Met with two members of the office who ran through a list of questions and took notes on what I said. The general atmosphere was friendly and laid back. They offered to set up a skype interview at first but I said that I would rather come in and meet them face to face. The whole interview lasted about an hour or two. I didn't get the impression that the interview really mattered a great deal. The qualification that really matters probably depends on the hiring manager, but they won't tell you what they are really looking for upfront because there are so many HR requirements that they have to get through first.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a co-worker repeatedly makes a similar mistake in his or her work and you are not this person's supervisor. (wording was something like this)   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Government in January 2010.

Interview

High competition, however, the interview process was fair and balanced

Interview Questions

• What do I bring to the table   1 Answer

Negotiation

back and forth, but not stressful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview was fine. I was questioned by two interviewers who were very laid back. They did not ask me many questions. I was a little uncomfortable because i was nervous.

Paralegal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

Intereviewed in Feb 2011. Hiring freeze was then put into place. I was contacted in Aug 2012 and offered the position. I was currently working and not looking. They offered to increase the offer. I accepted

Negotiation

I can't discuss the negotiation process

Patent Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Government (Alexandria, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

There is are more than the usual forms to fill out. The interview process was a screening with a human resources person. Then there was just a phone interview with Supervising Patent Examiner. The interview mainly focused on my knowledge of patents. Afterwards, there were some more forms the to fill out. Also note, after you start working, there may be more interviews

Interview Questions

• They asked how much did I know about the laws governing patents   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is a government position. however it is always good to have a some type of negotiation room.

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview

I applied for an internship on usajobs.gov. I was called in for an interview. The process included having to hand-write write a timed essay. I later met with two senior officials. I was made an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your work? Describe how you procrastinate, because we all do it.   1 Answer

Political Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Federal Government (Provo, UT) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy and spanned multiple months.The first few interviews were casual and did not involve in-depth questioning about substance. The interviews that followed were increasingly difficult, but most were related to personality, psychological, and lifestyle rather than deep expertise in a particular area.