Federal Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Government Interview Questions

Interviews at Federal Government

2.9

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

I had a one in ine interview with liw level msnager and a team of five low level team members, overall it was an easy interview and asked about my qualifications

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in October 2019.

Interview

I had multiple interviews. Some of the over the phone and in person. Its pretty easy for a Contract Special job. Pretty Straight forward. It can take a long time after you apply to hear back. It took several months before I heard back and then it took another couple months to get my Interim Clearance.

Interview Questions

• What type of contracts have you worked on   1 Answer

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Government (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview lasted about 35 minutes. I read the questions by glassdoor which prepared me for the telephone interview. The interview consisted of a panel of three people from the hiring company. I answered all questions asked and I was able to ask three questions before the interview concluded.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Federal Government (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Three interviews; at three levels. It was at a hydro-electric dam. With my experience at a coal fired electric generating station, my beginning pay would be good as are the benefits. This is a permenant job. What I learned, I feel sure I will like the location is good.

Interview Questions

• How long will you stay? What are thinking? Were you in the military? Are you married?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview

Asked very generic questions about communication, working with computers, working as a team, and accounting for items. I was also asked about my work history, military history, and if I have ever been in any trouble with the law.

Interview Questions

• Do I have communication skills   1 Answer

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Government (Tallahassee, FL) in August 2018.

Interview

I was nervous but it wasn't that difficult. Panel only had 3 people, the smaller the number the better. Very good experience, you learn a lot. They go over things that may need to be looked over on your credit. The computerized test is pretty much common sense.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in August 2018.

Interview

Behavioral interview - panel took turns asking me questions. the questions were based on behaviors that they believed were important to do the job. They asked multiple part questions and I wasn't sure of how much time I had to answer

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince management to accept a proposal   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (Chicago, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

phone call, then go into conference room with HR. They ask about your resume and previous internship and ask you questions about you skills and how you would react in certain situations. Super easy and not difficult

Interview Questions

• how would you react in this this situation   1 Answer

Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The selection process and hiring process will test your patience. I interviewed with a panel of Senior Emergency Management Employees. I asked several technical questions and discussed current operations with the Director, Ops Manager, Training Officer and Senior Lead Dispatcher.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your military experience and training would be beneficial as an Emergency Services Dispatcher?   2 Answers

Assistant Director Interview

Interview

Situational evaluation. Predicting predetermined selection of local personnel. Not truly an assessment of the individual being interviewed. Be bold, be strong and definitive. Does not make sense to addd words beyond what is necessary to depict the process.