Federal Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Deputy Division Chief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

I walked into a room with a panel of interviewers around a table and one empty chair with a piece of paper on the table with questions. I was told I had 30 minutes to answer the questions. So began the process. I read questions to myself and then began to answer them. No one around the table said a word the entire time I was at the table! I answered all the questions and everyone just kept writing on their own paper. No one asked me anything.

Interview Questions

• How do you define your success after one year in this job?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Government (Newark, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

This was a three panel interview. Each person had prepared questions. They each took turns asking them. They were asking for examples of previous employment skills that would transfer into this type of job.

Interview Questions

• Each person on the panel asked questions. One of the questions was how are your customer service skills.   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Federal Government (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Two step, first with HR, then hiring manager. Found it to be somewhat elementary. Company did not have a professional presentation. Did not connect well with hiring manager. I was over qualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions from HR, technical from hiring manager   1 Answer

IT Network Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Federal Government (Meridian, ID) in January 2017.

Interview

A phone interview with the HR representative and then a phone interview with the hiring manager and potentially other individuals. The HR phone interview was a rehash of my personal information that was on my resume.

Contracting Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (Norfolk, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

the interview was conducted as a panel interview after resume review. The interview was extremely quick 45 minutes and consisted of a bank of standardized questions. I remember the interview was focused on contract types awarded, experience utilizing the Federal Aquisition Regulations and Department of Defense requirements. Level of Certification and familiarization of the PPMAP process. How to handle difficult customers and incomplete aquisition requests.

Interview Questions

• Describe you experience in preparing for a PPMAP for both Purchase Card Program and Contract Management   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Once I applied it seemed to take forever to get notified of an interview. Interview was short and to the point and the interviewers were very friendly. I thought it would be very intimidating but it was not. In a nutshell the process seem to take a very long time to find out I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with a diverse group of staff?   1 Answer

Vsr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Behavioral-based Interview. Several questions were asked from a panel of senior management. It lasted approximately 30min. They want you to be clear, precise, direct, and cover all parts of the question. Afterwards, they want you to type up some information in essay format. They review their notes from the panel interview and their notes from your written summary and base their decisions on that.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where you disagreed with what your supervisor told you to do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Government (Alexandria, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with three senior managers, none of whom were in the legal field. HR person took the lead, no followups by any of them and difficult to establish any personal connection.

Interview Questions

• Provided a hypothetical situation and asked me to assess. Their question had multiple subparts, seemed as though they took it from an inteview book   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Hueneme, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Government (Port Hueneme, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

1.A panel of three people: the director, two lead program analysts.
    2.The difficult part is to make it to the best-qualified pool and wait until the hiring manager exhausts the CTAP/ICTAP and veterans then it's your turn. OPM's job is to rate based on your education, experience, how your skills match what the job requires (look for keywords). There are tips on govjobs.gov and other website. You really need a good resume (not a typical private sector resume)
    3.they are friendly and try not to scare you.
    4. A set of questions on a sheet they have to rate. 10% each for 10 questions
    5. Takes about 60 mins.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and some job-related questions. If you don't have the answer, that is okay too. They don't expect you to know everything government does, they will train you (that is why they have lots of veterans, I don't think veterans receive enough education to do a job). If you make it to best-qualified pool, you are qualified. They just want to know if the team can work well with you.   1 Answer
    • They ask me if I know Excel, Powerpoint and experience in using ERP system such as SAP.   1 Answer

Can't Say Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview

Panel - supervisory and peers together. During the question process, pick an example of your work that is actually challenging- working on a difficult research paper may not trump a combat vets decision of how to successfully clear out a location filled with enemy combatants. Your thought process, utilization of available resources, and successful outcome are important to communicate effectively to the panel.