Federal Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Government Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Federal Government in May 2014.

Interview

One interview but was in panel, Did a phone interview then sit down interview with a panel of military personnel. Had to do a clearance review, drug test and family history.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to improve our mission   1 Answer

Had worked for them so long would like to work in Private industrial area.

Procurement Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Government (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Be open, polite and yourself. Be honest.

Negotiation

Salary is pre-set in government.

Production Controller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview

I was initially hired after the first interview and worked in my first crew but did not adjust too well there and was sent to another crew. With each position change I had to reinterview and that was okay. I had three different bosses. For the most part the people were okay. My interview questions were never more than about ten questions and usually range from safety to what would I do in the case of an emergency or if I saw an unsafe act. If you see an unsafe act Stop it immediately and go tell someone about it...

Interview Questions

• There really event any difficult questions during the interview because they are mostly pertaining to things you already know but they may throw something out there like what is an MSDS and where is it located? (btw, its a Material Safety Data sheet and its almost always located in a hallway or near the manager's office)   Answer Question

Negotiation

there wasn't one. It was pretty cut and dry

Senior Operations Leader Interview

Interview

It is mainly done by recruiting

Interview Questions

• Do you have a degree or are you a holder of a violation   Answer Question

Senior Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Federal Government (Arlington, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Panel interview provided insight on role and function of the organization. Discussed organizational structure and relationship. I was asked what I knew of the organization specifically any recent actiies etc. Worked off a specific list of questions for me to answer. Then allowed me time to ask questions that I had.

Negotiation

None

Tso Interview

Interview

The process was fragmented. It took place over two years for no reasonable explanation. Many tests were required at numerous locations. The tests were mental and physical. None of the tests were difficult. There was little feedback throughout. After having worked with this organization for a couple of years and observing many of my colleagues, I am not sure what the hiring and interview process had to do with selecting employees.

Supervisory IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC).

Interview

Panel Interview from multiple level supervisors. Interview was based on intimidation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is government, There is no negotiation

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week later to set up an interview with the head clerk. Interview was with the head clerk and HR manager and lasted about half an hour. Basic questions about handling difficult people and doing clerical tasks. I was told I would hear back in about a week.

Interview Questions

• How are you at working with a staff composed of women? (I am male)   1 Answer

Interview

Long and drawn out. Must get through the USAJOBS hurdle

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC).

Interview

Takes awhile to get interview; veterans get extra points which could make it more challenging or take longer for non vets. Suggest going in at a lower salary and get your feet in the door.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to come here and work? What makes me want to hire you instead of others?   Answer Question