Federal Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Supply Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Government (Denver, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied on-line, was selected for an interview, did an in-person with a board of three people

Can you learn and perform the required tasks?

Your knowledge on the tasks and their components?

Previous jobs and what you did there?

What you know about the organization and what it does?

Is there a position or career path that you are looking for?

Interview Questions

• Questions about the job and skills needed for the job. Then questions geared to see how you fit in the organization. Finally, a few questions on wear you want to go.   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Interview

Several forms are required. Submitted online through USA Jobs website and was contacted about 3 weeks later by local office. I have one interview then was given an offer about 10 days later. There was additional paperwork and background check information that had to be submitted before I could set a start date, which was about 6 weeks after I received the job offer. The whole process was very smooth and overall wen t very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced an ethical issue and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through USAjobs and did not anticipate a call-back. I received one and had a 15 minute interview with my future supervisor. It was great; we clicked automatically and I ended getting an offer. The key for these interviews is expressing a lot of enthusiasm. I absolutely knew I wanted to work at this office and laid it all out there. If you interview for the agency I interviewed for, that is the absolute key.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team to organize an event or solve a problem   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Federal Government in November 2013.

Interview

Responded to a job posting and interviewed with Office Manager. Answered various questions regarding past employment and what I can bring to the table. Talked about extrovert and introvert personalities as they pertained to the job. Discussed the daily job duties and the expectations. Reviewed the training program and transitioning into the office. Talked about the current status of the office and the personnel that are currently employed there.

Deputy Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview

The on line federal job search and resume site is straight forward with ease of access. No issue searching for various jobs and job locations. Filling out the resume was easy by transferring an already completed resume. Previous job experience is very key to getting an interview. The key to the interview is to stay motivated, know the job description and requirements and to show you can be a good listener. Eye contact and clear concise answers to questions are very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have had at work and how did you manage it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Successful

SH&E Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview

Know what you are going to apply for and dress well

wanted you wave was too low

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (Denver, CO).

Interview

One interview with two people who had a predefined list of questions that were asked of each candidate. Not a whole of negotiation once they offer you the job which is very different from the private sector. The hiring process has improved over the years since they now have policy in place to advertise for so many days, followed by a short interview process, followed by a quick hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard but expected to be asked why you want to work for the Government.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any room for negotiation.

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was by way of application, written program test, and interview. Each having different phase levels. The interview was more at a social level. It was one on one with an representative. Once these phases were complete a job was made and then a complete background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations that took place.

Federal Government Interview

Interview

Smooth process. 7 interviews with different managers. Mostly related to what my goals are and my professional experience. Very standard.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Government (Trenton, NJ).

Interview

The interview was completely performance based. I.e name a time when you had to do a, b, c etc. all questions were based off of past experiences as opposed to what you would do if you came across a specific situation. They wanted to hear that when and where you had done certain things, relating to the job.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just know your own experiences and how they relate to your current position. Know the full job description and be able to relate your past e pertinence with everything that entails.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable