Federal-Mogul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.4

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, one phone interview, one video interview. Pretty easy interview, talked with hiring manager. After first interview, they decided between me and one other applicatant. Was informed a week later that I got it

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They had two phone interviews and asked me to come onsite . Then they conducted 4 interviews there for various departments. They told me they'll tell me the results in a week. one of the manager asked me to select his department if you get an offer. I was confident that i'll get through. I answered all their questions and they were satisfied with my profile. Then no response from the HR for 2 weeks. When i mailed her about it, she set up another interview with another manager. That interview went well too. Then after a week of asking the status of the interviews, HR calls and says Sorry you were not selected. i asked the reason for their decision since i did exceedingly well and the managers said that too personally. The HR dodged my questions and cut my call. Worst interview process! Worst response from HR who does not have the courtesy to let the candidates know the results on time and the reason for decisions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your career goals?
      What are your strengths?
      What would your previous supervisor say as your weakness?   Answer Question

Rotational Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with generic behavioral interview questions, then Skype interview gauging fit with Federal-Mogul. After that there is an additional round at their headquarters but I did not make it that far. After the Skype interview, my interviewer heavily implied that I would be going to the next round but I received no further communication about my status.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to be decisive and make a decision.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview

I was flown to the city of the interview, put up in a hotel for two nights, and my meals and transportation were taken care of.
    I met the interviewer and engineering manager, answered their questions about my experience, asked a few of my own about culture, workplace, and future opportunities

Interview Questions

• When you have multiple objectives deliverable to different managers, how do you handle your scheduling?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview

Took a year to go thru the process. Pretty standard questions and evaluation process. Nothing special or difficult to report. Multiple people were involved. Very lengthy interviewing process. Management took long time making the hiring decision.

Site Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waupun, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Waupun, WI).

Interview

Phone interview with HR. In person/phone interview with supervisor, Plant Manager, HR Manager, individual in same position from another plant. I was then given a tour of the facility. I was informed 2 weeks later i did not get the position, followed by a phone call 2 weeks later asking me if i was still interested. The other candidate did not like not having a local supervisor.

Interview Questions

• If i minded working for a supervisor and manager that was not on site.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a HR telephonic interview, behavioral question asked and explained about my current and previous project. The HR was an new and had less experience in that organisation. I received no further email. However, this company does not sponsor international students. I had this interview for a coop(part time) position.

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (El Paso, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Done with three persons and were very polite. Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Supevisor and a Senior PLC Maintenance person.it was also bilingual, English and Spanish.
    The interview covered a wide range of questions related to maintenance experience and knowledge. Examples of problems and scenarios were give to expract more precise skills and knowledge on the applicant. Electrical and mechanical preferences were asked.

Interview Questions

• Experience and knowledge history on all related maintenance jobs, electrical, mechanical, shop, machine shop experience, senarion handling especially with current employee confkicts and handling, troubleshooting techniques electrical and mechanical, shifts available for work, overtime availability, examples of maintenance repairs with past employers, saleries obtain with past employers, jobs skills, experiences etc.   1 Answer

Rotational Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview is phone interview with HR. Easy interview, just going over your background and resume. Second interview is skype with HR manager, which is more difficult. Many questions asking about leadership and previous leadership roles you have had. Third interview, you get sent to the selection center in Detroit, Michigan. You go through various tests and activities meant to put you in stress to see how you deal with those situations. Additionally, you have some more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was something difficult you dealt with in your last internship and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Iowa City, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met HR representative and then-head of engineers at the career fair and they asked me to talk to them the next day. Sat down with them and mostly talked about my past internships and what I knew about manufacturing.