Federal-Mogul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.4

Rotational Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview is phone interview with HR. Easy interview, just going over your background and resume. Second interview is skype with HR manager, which is more difficult. Many questions asking about leadership and previous leadership roles you have had. Third interview, you get sent to the selection center in Detroit, Michigan. You go through various tests and activities meant to put you in stress to see how you deal with those situations. Additionally, you have some more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was something difficult you dealt with in your last internship and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (El Paso, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I was screened over the phone and then called in for a panel interview. I interviewed with the manager and HR manager. It was a smooth interview and very detailed. I was also asked if I would be willing to take a drug screen and background check. I of course agreed and was hired on the spot. It was an interesting interview and I was existed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Southfield, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process was great however, job was put on hold due to budget issues. Very disappointed

Interview Questions

• Nothing all questions have always been aligned with expected responsibilities   Answer Question

Rotational Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with generic behavioral interview questions, then Skype interview gauging fit with Federal-Mogul. After that there is an additional round at their headquarters but I did not make it that far. After the Skype interview, my interviewer heavily implied that I would be going to the next round but I received no further communication about my status.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to be decisive and make a decision.   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chivasso (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Chivasso (Italy)) in January 2013.

Interview

At first, interview held by HR director and then with general manager. I´ve been asked a couple of technical and non-technical questions. The interviewers were friendly and attentive.

Interview Questions

• How you think your previous professional experiences would benefit to our department?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR department one month after I applied online through Federal - Mogul's website. They did not let me know beforehand that I would be having a telephone interview so that was a bit unexpected. The questions at that stage were mostly motivational (e.g why I applied for this role etc.) and competency based. The company representative asked me on the phone whether I would be available to attend an assessment centre on either the 5th or 12th of April 2017. I specified that I would only be available on the 5th of April but it seems that this was not taken into consideration when I received an invitation for the 12th of April (passed the telephone interview). I replied back to their email politely asking whether a rearrangement would be possible or otherwise I would have to reschedule my flight tickets to attend the assessment centre on the 12th. As they would not respond, I also tried calling on the HR coordinator's phone and left a voicemail but I never got any response. Instead on the day of the response deadline, I received an email saying that my application is withdrawn. Even after emailing my complaint to them about this incident, I never received a reply. I've attended assessment centres in the past but never have I experienced such an unprofessional behaviour by a company. What a horrible HR department with very poor coordination and organisation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then talked to them at a career fair. A few weeks later, had a quick phone screen with HR. A few days later they invited me into the facility for interviews. There were a couple 1 on 1s with engineers and then a group of people interviewed me in another area of the facility. Then, I was given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• The engineers basically wanted to know more about my past experience and projects. The phone screen was more behavioral though.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview

Took a year to go thru the process. Pretty standard questions and evaluation process. Nothing special or difficult to report. Multiple people were involved. Very lengthy interviewing process. Management took long time making the hiring decision.

Site Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waupun, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Waupun, WI).

Interview

Phone interview with HR. In person/phone interview with supervisor, Plant Manager, HR Manager, individual in same position from another plant. I was then given a tour of the facility. I was informed 2 weeks later i did not get the position, followed by a phone call 2 weeks later asking me if i was still interested. The other candidate did not like not having a local supervisor.

Interview Questions

• If i minded working for a supervisor and manager that was not on site.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Received an email around after 2 weeks of online application. The recruiter basically check your previous relevant experience. The duration of your previous experience matters a lot.