Federal-Mogul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal-Mogul Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.5

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online for an internship position and was contacted weeks later to check my availability for a phone interview. An appointment was fixed for the interview and I was informed the duration would be for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself. Why did you switch from mechanical to industrial engineering?
      2. What would you be hoping to gain from the internship?
      3. How do you envision your career path post-graduation?
      4. Tell me about a time when you faced conflicting priorities and how you managed them.
      5. Give an example of a situation where you faced an unfamiliar challenge and how you managed it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview

Started by applying on their career website, Phone interview to explain position and review resume, 2nd interview suppose to be skype interview with HR to see if personality fit, 3rd interview is to go to Detroit to assessment center. It consisted of non-technical individual assignments and multi-disciplinary team assignments. Ended with individual interview.

Interview Questions

• The assessment had some group case studies where assessors watched the interaction between members of the group based on assigned positions within a fake company.   Answer Question

Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL).

Interview

Telephonic:
    Half an hour behavioral type questions by HR person.

Result in 1 - 2 weeks for an onsite interview.

Onsite:
    Interviewed by 2-3 Engineers and department manager one after the other. Took around 2 hours for the whole interview.
    Questions mostly about Lean, SMED, basic engineering related questions and past experiences mentioned in resume.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 on site interviews. It was a nice environment, not very hard interview. Two different managers were the ones interviewing me at separate times. Lasted about 30 min each.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Southfield, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Very quick process. Got a phone interview email request on Friday, gave the phone interview the immediate next Monday, received an on-site interview email the same day, interviewed on-site on Friday, received offer letter on next Wednesday

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I received an email to do a phone interview. After the phone interview was complete I was invited on site to their Virginia facility. During the first 15 minutes of my interview only one HR interviewer was present. During this time she talked about how ridiculous it is that 30% of her employees are on intermittent leave - just very unprofessional towards her employees. After about 15 minutes the HR manager came in. They talked to me about the schedule - how it's usually an "8am-5pm" but "3 days a week they had to come in at 6am and last night we had to come in at 11pm."

Overall I got the feeling that these HR members did not respect their employees. About halfway through the interview I decided I was done with this company and I'm sure that showed through. I did complete the interview, but I would not work for them, nor would I recommend working for them. If a member from corporate reads this review, I strongly advise looking into their leadership team.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working 50+ hour weeks?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by in person interview by 4 people. The recruiter talked at length about the position and her personal feeling about the department. I was told it would be a few weeks before I heard anything positive or negative but in fact I heard nothing at all.
    No offer was extended but I don't think I would have taken the job if offered. At one point the hiring manager answered an email and replied to a text (right before her lunch). Clearly if this is how a candidate it treated, how is an employee treated?

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Two stages of interviews. Very typical resume questions. Upset at the fact they never called to say that I either received or did not receive the job. Very easy interview though.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with 3 different department heads. They all were thorough with their questioning and had a lengthy discussion on which dept. would get my services. Once they decided where I would be the most beneficial, they said I would have an offer in a few days.

Interview Questions

• How do I adapt from a retail environment to a union environment?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter interviewed on call it was slightly tough but the Hiring manager interview was easy. I got the call from the university job fair. The company is pretty good. Though once the interview has been completed the manager told me you are the perfect candidate for a job, later on, I didn't get it that job. So still confused what was the reason. I tried to ask them but they didn't reply.