Federal-Mogul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.4

Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Iowa City, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met HR representative and then-head of engineers at the career fair and they asked me to talk to them the next day. Sat down with them and mostly talked about my past internships and what I knew about manufacturing.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chivasso (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Chivasso (Italy)) in January 2013.

Interview

At first, interview held by HR director and then with general manager. I´ve been asked a couple of technical and non-technical questions. The interviewers were friendly and attentive.

Interview Questions

• How you think your previous professional experiences would benefit to our department?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They had two phone interviews and asked me to come onsite . Then they conducted 4 interviews there for various departments. They told me they'll tell me the results in a week. one of the manager asked me to select his department if you get an offer. I was confident that i'll get through. I answered all their questions and they were satisfied with my profile. Then no response from the HR for 2 weeks. When i mailed her about it, she set up another interview with another manager. That interview went well too. Then after a week of asking the status of the interviews, HR calls and says Sorry you were not selected. i asked the reason for their decision since i did exceedingly well and the managers said that too personally. The HR dodged my questions and cut my call. Worst interview process! Worst response from HR who does not have the courtesy to let the candidates know the results on time and the reason for decisions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your career goals?
      What are your strengths?
      What would your previous supervisor say as your weakness?
      Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, one phone interview, one video interview. Pretty easy interview, talked with hiring manager. After first interview, they decided between me and one other applicatant. Was informed a week later that I got it

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR department one month after I applied online through Federal - Mogul's website. They did not let me know beforehand that I would be having a telephone interview so that was a bit unexpected. The questions at that stage were mostly motivational (e.g why I applied for this role etc.) and competency based. The company representative asked me on the phone whether I would be available to attend an assessment centre on either the 5th or 12th of April 2017. I specified that I would only be available on the 5th of April but it seems that this was not taken into consideration when I received an invitation for the 12th of April (passed the telephone interview). I replied back to their email politely asking whether a rearrangement would be possible or otherwise I would have to reschedule my flight tickets to attend the assessment centre on the 12th. As they would not respond, I also tried calling on the HR coordinator's phone and left a voicemail but I never got any response. Instead on the day of the response deadline, I received an email saying that my application is withdrawn. Even after emailing my complaint to them about this incident, I never received a reply. I've attended assessment centres in the past but never have I experienced such an unprofessional behaviour by a company. What a horrible HR department with very poor coordination and organisation.

Interview Questions

• What makes a successful professional at Federal Mogul?   Answer Question

Rotational Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview is phone interview with HR. Easy interview, just going over your background and resume. Second interview is skype with HR manager, which is more difficult. Many questions asking about leadership and previous leadership roles you have had. Third interview, you get sent to the selection center in Detroit, Michigan. You go through various tests and activities meant to put you in stress to see how you deal with those situations. Additionally, you have some more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was something difficult you dealt with in your last internship and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Maryland Heights, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter about the opportunity and then brought in to the job site. Interview is about and hour and a half long and the HR people were friendly.First, I was mostly asked about my previous work experience and why I thought I would be a good fit for the role. After the meeting with HR I met with the manager whose team I would be under and he was friendly as well and asked me most of the same questions that HR did.
    Overall, the interview process was pretty easy and if you have previous customer service experience you are almost guaranteed a job as they are constantly hiring.
    After the interview it took almost 4 weeks to hear back from the recruiter to let me know that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness and strength?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a situation where you didn't like, or agree with a co-worker? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What did you like and not like about your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • Are you a team player?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a HR telephonic interview, behavioral question asked and explained about my current and previous project. The HR was an new and had less experience in that organisation. I received no further email. However, this company does not sponsor international students. I had this interview for a coop(part time) position.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted through e-mail to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, was contacted by e-mail to set up an in person interview. In person interview as conducted at HR, met with several different engineering managers and answered their individual questions and was explained the different projects they had planned.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then talked to them at a career fair. A few weeks later, had a quick phone screen with HR. A few days later they invited me into the facility for interviews. There were a couple 1 on 1s with engineers and then a group of people interviewed me in another area of the facility. Then, I was given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• The engineers basically wanted to know more about my past experience and projects. The phone screen was more behavioral though.   Answer Question