Federal-Mogul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.5

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (El Paso, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Done with three persons and were very polite. Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Supevisor and a Senior PLC Maintenance person.it was also bilingual, English and Spanish.
    The interview covered a wide range of questions related to maintenance experience and knowledge. Examples of problems and scenarios were give to expract more precise skills and knowledge on the applicant. Electrical and mechanical preferences were asked.

Interview Questions

• Experience and knowledge history on all related maintenance jobs, electrical, mechanical, shop, machine shop experience, senarion handling especially with current employee confkicts and handling, troubleshooting techniques electrical and mechanical, shifts available for work, overtime availability, examples of maintenance repairs with past employers, saleries obtain with past employers, jobs skills, experiences etc.   1 Answer

Rotational Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview is phone interview with HR. Easy interview, just going over your background and resume. Second interview is skype with HR manager, which is more difficult. Many questions asking about leadership and previous leadership roles you have had. Third interview, you get sent to the selection center in Detroit, Michigan. You go through various tests and activities meant to put you in stress to see how you deal with those situations. Additionally, you have some more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was something difficult you dealt with in your last internship and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Iowa City, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met HR representative and then-head of engineers at the career fair and they asked me to talk to them the next day. Sat down with them and mostly talked about my past internships and what I knew about manufacturing.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Smyrna, TN).

Interview

Applied online got a call back fast. Interview 1 was good and was called back for another interview. I felt both interview went well. The HR manager seemed snooty probably the one who rejected me because everyone else was warm towards me. They gave me a timeline of when they would pick someone, well it's been a minute so that's how I knew I wasn't the 1 picked. I guess they didn't have the courtesy to send a rejection letter after me and a few others went through the trouble to show up. It's all a game. I'm glad I don't work here...classless!

Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online... waited for a call back that took months... went in for a test... passed test... sat down and did a brief interview with two scary looking guys... got a call back to do a drug test and they shaved my head... waited a month for the results... was emailed an offer letter (which was a totally different offer than I expected)... accepted it... was called in for the first day a week later... then went to orientation for over 2 hours, but was only paid for 1.5

Interview Questions

• Previous employer, why wasn't I there anymore, what kind of related experience did I have, where did I live (which was on the paper as I pointed that out while telling him), and how would I be an asset to the company.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Received an email around after 2 weeks of online application. The recruiter basically check your previous relevant experience. The duration of your previous experience matters a lot.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted through e-mail to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, was contacted by e-mail to set up an in person interview. In person interview as conducted at HR, met with several different engineering managers and answered their individual questions and was explained the different projects they had planned.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Maryland Heights, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview portion went great had a very strong connection with manager and was told I had a great resume. Huge car enthusiast so interest aligned with the position very well. However they decided they wanted a more experience person to take this position because a week after i was interviewed the same job posting came up again this time not entry level anymore but a minimum of 4 years experience required. They never bothered to call or email after several attempts of contacting them with no luck. Horrible hiring process. As for working there I wouldn't know and I wouldn't even work there after the way they treated their potential employee.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then talked to them at a career fair. A few weeks later, had a quick phone screen with HR. A few days later they invited me into the facility for interviews. There were a couple 1 on 1s with engineers and then a group of people interviewed me in another area of the facility. Then, I was given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• The engineers basically wanted to know more about my past experience and projects. The phone screen was more behavioral though.   Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Maryland Heights, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter about the opportunity and then brought in to the job site. Interview is about and hour and a half long and the HR people were friendly.First, I was mostly asked about my previous work experience and why I thought I would be a good fit for the role. After the meeting with HR I met with the manager whose team I would be under and he was friendly as well and asked me most of the same questions that HR did.
    Overall, the interview process was pretty easy and if you have previous customer service experience you are almost guaranteed a job as they are constantly hiring.
    After the interview it took almost 4 weeks to hear back from the recruiter to let me know that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness and strength?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a situation where you didn't like, or agree with a co-worker? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What did you like and not like about your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • Are you a team player?   Answer Question