Federal Reserve Bank (NY) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank (NY) Interview Questions

Interviews at Federal Reserve Bank (NY)

2.8

Sort:

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. About 20-30 minutes. Mostly in regards to my resume. I received a second interview about 2 months later, and that was more of a fit type interview. They asked about general fed questions and monetary policy. Nothing too serious.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) (New York, NY).

Interview

very fair

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I received an e-mail approximately 1 month after applying online stating that they wanted to have a phone interview with me. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Immediately afterwards I received a second e-mail requesting that I come in for in-person interviews with the team and HR representative. The day following the interviews, I received an e-mail requesting references. 2 weeks later I was extended an offer.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Fairly simple and direct process - they called me on the phone to assess general knowledge of banking and economics. Then came in for a behavioral based interview with the group I was interviewing for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First round interview was over the phone. I was asked basic questions about the function of the Fed, and how it impacted the financial sector. They seemed very interested in getting a candidate who knew VBA well. Second round was via Skype, and I interviewed with three different groups. Here, they looked more for fit, skill level, and interest in public service.

Interview Questions

• What is quantitative easing, and what financial factors does it affect?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, received a call back within the next 4 weeks to set up a phone interview. Planned an in person interview a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

HR first sent me an email asking to arrange for an interview for their NYC location. They quickly responded to my emails and also arrange an interview for a position in Hartford, NJ. I got a little lost driving to both locations and so was late both times to the interview... Take the car service they offer! They had me interview on a Friday, morning in NJ afternoon in NYC. At NYC I was supposed to speak with HR first then the hiring manager but thanks to my lateness I met with HR post interview. Both interviews were 1-to1, very informal. More of a get to know you session, not a single interview question asked other than "tell me about yourself?" The NYC hiring manager put it in blunt terms: "I already know you're smart, HR's told me you've got <this GPA> and <this and that> award..." Essentially this guy was looking for an intern he would
    'click' best with, not the 'most qualified.' HR puts everyone on an equal playing field that way.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in April 2013.

Interview

HR will not return emails/calls after the interview process. Results can take months. HR is quite unprofessional since they can give you false positives. The management at FRB seems to have their own agenda and may be just going through the motions of the interview process. It seems that they already have internal candidates lined up for the role.

Cash Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) (Richmond, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, each lasting about 30 minutes. I then went in for a panel interview, lasting about 2 hours. It was very intense but also included a tour of the facility. After about 2 weeks, I was called back for an additional one-on-one interview, lasting about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? How would you define leadership?   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY).

Interview

The interview process was two rounds. The first round was a screening interview by phone and then they brought me in for a panel interview with several members of the group that was hiring.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question