Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

3.1

Public Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, but thorough. It was evident from the beginning they were making sure they found a good fit for the company. I had an initial call with a recruiter, then a one-on-one with the hiring manager, a videoconferencing interview with a panel and then finally a face-to-face interview with the department's vice presidents.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with individuals or groups that have been less than willing to work with you?   Answer Question

Financial Management Analyst-Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by one of the recruiters for the position. We discussed in detail the open position, some of the benefits, and my qualifications. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview in which I was to do the skills assessment but was not scheduled. I only met with the full team for this section of the Reserve. Overall, I felt the interview went well, it was a conversation and not so structured. However, I have not yet received any feedback and my status online still says "interviewing".

Administrative Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and to the point. The interviewer was clear and concise in his inquiries. He gave a thorough description of the open position. He communicated very well of his thoughts on the application/resume and was sure to advise of his next steps in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • Q: How does your skills help you in applying for this position?   1 Answer

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straightforward. I got this interview through my vocational school who taught me the Industry of IT. They also taught me how to perform the role of desktop support. The interview consisted of my boss and my employers boss. They asked me a couple of questions and hired me afterwards.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.

Interview

One over the phone and one in person interview. The interview wasn't very difficult but I think that differs within departments. I would recommend looking into what the Fed is and what is does, alot of people don't know that

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.

Interview

Nontechnical. Most of the questions are based on "tell us about a time". You meet with about 3-4 people at a time; usually two Staff Managers and at least one AVP. Based on where they are in the interview process you can feedback on you status very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were about "Tell us about a time" and were based on various working/life/business experiences that you had in the past.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed.com because I am not a Georgia student and so did not have recruiters come to my school's campus that I could connect with. After applying online and submitting a resume and cover letter, I was contacted by an HR representative that conducted a 10 minute general phone screen interview. I was then contacted later and asked to participate in a second round interview that for me ended up being a phone interview because I could not make it to Atlanta, GA for a in person interview. After the second interview, I was notified via phone and email that I had been selected for an internship offer!

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were not so much specific to the position I was applying for, but rather general questions regarding my resume and the activities I was involved with on campus, my work experience at an accounting firm, and other questions.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in January 2015.

Interview

First applied online through their career website, then had a 30 minutes phone HR screen interview, then heard in two weeks that I had received an in-person interview at the Federal Reserve in Atlanta. The original screen questions were very simple, just went through my resume and asked a few behavioral questions.

Financial Statistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a pre-interview with the hr. They asked you basic questions like why did you choose to apply to this position, what are your salary requirements, etc. then came the first interview.....

It's was a panel interview and boy did they drill me! Be prepared to answer every single detail about your resume. They critique it to the max! Most of the questions were behavorial questions. What make a good leader,what are your strengths/weaknesses. Some were administrative like what's your skill level in excel,word,etc. what about statistical programs(sas,spss)? Can you pull data? I have to admit, it was pretty intimidating. I honestly didn't think I got the job.

About 2weeks later they called for a second interview. I asked them if they were sure lol. The second interview was much easier! They critique your resume again. They wanted to know a little bit about yourself. They like examples of your duities in the workplace. A few weeks later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you want in a manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open for negotiations. I am not a negotiator so I accepted whatever was provided to me.

Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.

Interview

The whole process took a little over 3 months. There was an initial HR telephone screen just talking about work history, and also for HR to talk more about the position and the Fed. Then a 3-hour long interview session. This included an IQ/personality assessment on the computer, and a case study assessment that was more about issue-spotting and writing skills, with an in-person interview with directors afterwards. I thought the computer assessments were a little tough, and were more nerve-wracking than anything, but they weren't hard per se. All of the directors were friendly. Then there was a final interview with higher level officers. I had good communication with the HR representative throughout. The interview process was the most extensive I've ever gone through, but HR was transparent, and everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary offered was good and within the initial range discussed, slight negotiation was possible.