Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Interview Questions

Interviews at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Questions included: Tell us about yourself. What are some of your achievements. Tell us a story of when you had to go through a great obstacle. Overall, every pleasant experience.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted two weeks after posting online for several internship openings in late-March 2011. I was asked to come in for an interview, fill out a conflicts of interest questionnaire, and agree to a background check. I interviewed with two different departments and was selected by one of them as a full-time summer intern. The interview itself was very simple and mostly consisted of going through my resume and schoolwork.

I also underwent a simple skills test for Microsoft Office products, which took about 40 minutes to complete (mostly because the test program is very slow). I was called back the next day, and five days later I received the offer upon completion of the background check.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.

Interview

One over the phone and one in person interview. The interview wasn't very difficult but I think that differs within departments. I would recommend looking into what the Fed is and what is does, alot of people don't know that

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Administrative Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and to the point. The interviewer was clear and concise in his inquiries. He gave a thorough description of the open position. He communicated very well of his thoughts on the application/resume and was sure to advise of his next steps in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • Q: How does your skills help you in applying for this position?   1 Answer

Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in July 2009.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and that was followed by a personal assessment / IQ test and a brief meeting with the recruiter. I then had another interview with the hiring managers. I was called again for a final interview with the head of the department. Everyone seemed very professional and relaxed. It appears to be a very good environment in which to work.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you dealt with a very difficult person and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in January 2015.

Interview

First applied online through their career website, then had a 30 minutes phone HR screen interview, then heard in two weeks that I had received an in-person interview at the Federal Reserve in Atlanta. The original screen questions were very simple, just went through my resume and asked a few behavioral questions.

Public Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, but thorough. It was evident from the beginning they were making sure they found a good fit for the company. I had an initial call with a recruiter, then a one-on-one with the hiring manager, a videoconferencing interview with a panel and then finally a face-to-face interview with the department's vice presidents.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with individuals or groups that have been less than willing to work with you?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online in January 2012. Got a call 2 months later in March 2012 for an interview with two managers in the department, and took an excel and writing assessment in HR. Did not hear anything for three months. Received a call in June 2012 to interview with Director and AVP. Got an offer two weeks later after background check was complete.

Interview Questions

• Describe some important regulations you think the Fed may have for private banks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Accepted their first offer, as it was a good one.

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straightforward. I got this interview through my vocational school who taught me the Industry of IT. They also taught me how to perform the role of desktop support. The interview consisted of my boss and my employers boss. They asked me a couple of questions and hired me afterwards.

Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.

Interview

Nontechnical. Most of the questions are based on "tell us about a time". You meet with about 3-4 people at a time; usually two Staff Managers and at least one AVP. Based on where they are in the interview process you can feedback on you status very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were about "Tell us about a time" and were based on various working/life/business experiences that you had in the past.   Answer Question