Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago

2.8

Sort:

Associate Auditor Interview

Interview

Started eith phone interview, then an in person interview with two individuals (one auditor and one manager). Had a third interview with a more senior manager followed by a written assessment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the fed?   1 Answer

Law Enforcement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was alerted to the opening via an ad from LinkedIn. I then initially applied online. I was contacted by email for a phone interview, followed by multiple in person interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you overcame   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in February 2016.

Interview

First round was form-based. Almost 3 months later, there was a short phone screening with some very basic questions (nothing very technical). That was as far as it got. It seemed like merely a formality, as though they already had the position filled. I suppose a late response is better than none at all.

Assistant Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was two rounds, where I met with two individuals the first hour and two other individuals the second hour. They had questions already prepared in a sheet, and they were all behavioral questions. Within the two rounds they seemed very repetitive but I understood they all wanted to form their own opinion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with adversity?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to make a decision but did not have someone there to assist you with making it?   Answer Question

Assistant Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Detroit, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Human Resources recruiter and then was invited to an in-person interview in the Detroit office where I interviewed with 3 people. Each interview was about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision with nobody there to assist you?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic questions about programming, interviewers were really nice and seemed considerate of responses. The overall atmosphere was better than you would expect, even though there was an interviewer who didn't seem too involved because he was on the phone. The interviewers were generally very nice though, and weren't overbearing or really intent on making the interviewee feel uncomfortable.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

- Applied through online system
    - 26 days later, received email response requesting salary requirement and Skype interview
    - Scheduled interview for 5 days hence
    - On day of interview (first day after holiday weekend), received call from HR that hiring manager was out sick and needed to rescheduled. Rescheduled interview for 7 days hence
    - Connected to Skype call at agreed upon time. HR manager set up the call then went to fetch hiring manager. Could hear both discussing in background that the interview would need to be exactly 30 minutes to make time for the next interview
    - Proceeded with interview. Very high-level, scripted questions. After precisely 30 minutes the hiring manager needed to disconnect the call whilst the HR manager brought in the next candidate's Skype call on a new iPad. Hiring manager said I'd hear back within the next week or so
    - Immediately after interview, I sent the HR manager a thank-you email. HR manager responded immediately and let me know who would be contacting me regarding next steps
    - Received a form letter 29 days later letting me know I wouldn't be moving forward

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First round was a phone interview with one of the recruiters, mostly just screening and behavioral questions to gauge interests, why the Fed, why you applied. Second round was an in-person panel interview in Chicago office, only behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online in late October (portal was open in late September/early October) and then emailed my resume and cover letter to one of the economists on the economic research team that I wanted to work on and whom I met in-person a few months prior. He remembered me and forwarded my materials to the hiring manager. In about a week, I received a call from HR to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. The interview lasted 30 minutes, including 10 minutes at the end for questions, and I was told that things would move very quickly from there, likely within the next few days. Later that same day, I received a call from HR extending me an offer with five business days to decide.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a research project that you've done; include the research question, context, process, and results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online then received a phone call to set up a phone screen. After the phone screen, there was an in person interview with two individuals (a member of HR and my now-boss). Most communication was done through email- the longest part was waiting for the background check and drug screen results to go through.

Interview Questions

• When working in a team environment, what has been your biggest weakness? How do you deal with it?   Answer Question