Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Assistant Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was two rounds, where I met with two individuals the first hour and two other individuals the second hour. They had questions already prepared in a sheet, and they were all behavioral questions. Within the two rounds they seemed very repetitive but I understood they all wanted to form their own opinion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with adversity?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to make a decision but did not have someone there to assist you with making it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.

Interview

I worked for the company and applied for several jobs that I was qualified for. Finally got one interview after posting at least 20 times in 5yrs. After reaching out to HR and the hiring manager two weeks after the interview, didn't get an answer until three months later. I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question

Associate Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One phone call with a team lead followed by an onsite interview. The phone call didn't have any technical questions, but more of a description of the job, me listing my skills, and then explaining how I could contribute in a meaningful way. The onsite interview didn't have any specific tech questions per se, more scenario questions. The people were super nice and the work sounded really cool - got the offer but had to turn it down for financial reasons. My only complaint was I had to pay to get to Chicago and wasn't offered any reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a computer on your network being infected (general ideas not tech nitty gritty)   Answer Question

Entry Level Developer/QA Interview

Interview

Applied online then got an email from the HR guy, his first question was do you need sponsorship, because my name is arabic he automatically thought I am foreign..so this was the first racist and discriminatory move.
    It took this guy weeks to schedule an interview with the so called manager, during the call with this guy he first confused me with someone else, then he talked about
    Past experience, this guy did not sound knowledgeable yet he is a manager, this should tell you about this disgraceful institution.
    After that i didn't hear from HR, i had to contact this stupid guy, after he responded that the manager didn't feel like im a good match, note that this was for an entry level and I'm already an experienced developer.
    The bottom line this is a racist company, they are excluding minorities in fact they only hire white and Asians mostly.
    They have no respect for this country

Interview Questions

• do you require sponsorship?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic questions about programming, interviewers were really nice and seemed considerate of responses. The overall atmosphere was better than you would expect, even though there was an interviewer who didn't seem too involved because he was on the phone. The interviewers were generally very nice though, and weren't overbearing or really intent on making the interviewee feel uncomfortable.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they called me in for an interview aprox 3 week later. The interviewers were 2 developers and 1 HR person. They asked me both technical and personality questions and were honest about the nature of the job. What was really unprofessional was that they never got back to me with a definite answer about whether I would be hired or not. I did follow up with my recruiter and received no answer. I found that really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between C and Java when it comes to the management of the memory.   Answer Question
    • Do I have any experience with relational databases   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Surprisingly easy, I just answered basic statistical questions without any programming tests. They valued my interpersonal skills, statistical and computer science knowledge, although I would have preferred at least some whiteboarding.

Interview Questions

• Interpret the meaning of the coefficient on this STATA output   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR to set up 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. About 15 minutes of questions about resume, the rest of time for info about job and my questions. Interview was not too difficult, and centered on research. What research you have done, and what skills you have gained through classes, etc.

Interview Questions

• What data have your worked with and what analysis have you conducted?   Answer Question

Crso Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

First phone call interview was from HR, just had some questions about my resume. The second interview had a group of people,one manager, one developer and another boss. They have some questions about my experience and group works. Some questions about what is my future goal. Very comfortable and happy interview, just told them what I know.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in February 2016.

Interview

First round was form-based. Almost 3 months later, there was a short phone screening with some very basic questions (nothing very technical). That was as far as it got. It seemed like merely a formality, as though they already had the position filled. I suppose a late response is better than none at all.