Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Law Enforcement Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in February 2008.

Interview

Took a very long time from application to initial call back- several months. Interview process is about 5 stages, including 3 oral interviews with differing levels of management, written testing, and physical fitness testing. You can expect 2-3 weeks in between stages, and they eliminate candidates at every stage. If you manage to pass the lengthy interview ordeal, you can look forward to a job offer conditional on you passing another 8 weeks of training. It was about 8 months from my initial application, to first day actually on the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions arnt difficult or unexpected, its the length of the process thats unexpected. You initially come in for a basic interview, and a written test to see if you can count and read. After that you come back for a slightly more in depth interview, and a physical assessment (jumping jacks, running, etc). Beyond that is 2-3 more interviews with advancing levels of management, but at this point they are looking to see if you are a follower or a leader (they want followers).   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Accept the offer, or decline the position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.

Interview

The initial interview was over the phone with an HR rep. I was then scheduled to meet with multiple people on the team for a panel interview. Afterwards, I was required to submit a writing sample. Process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you felt like you did not complete a task and how did that impact your growth?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied through my University and received a phone call shortly after for a phone interview with HR.
    The interview was pretty generic with no surprises. The interviewer seemed to actually have genuine interest in me and wanted to learn more.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, computer skills (Microsoft office), what do you know about us, why do you want to work here, why did you choose your major and school   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

The first step of the interview was a phone interview with a recruiter and then a phone interview with a career development manager. If you successfully pass the phone screen, you then will get an email stating whether or not you are invited in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They do not ask the typical questions in blunt format. They will ask you specific questions about past internships, what you want out of this internship that you didn't get out of the others, why you chosen your specific major, how you would rate yourself with being proficient with Word and Excel.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in January 2018.

Interview

One phone screen, one Skype interview with three Research Associates consisting of primarily behavioral questions. Pretty straightforward process overall but took much longer than expected to receive final decision.

Interview Questions

• Detail your experience with the programming languages you listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Cash Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a promise of an in person interview to follow shortly thereafter. Got a call back saying that I did not have manufacturing experience. This was not mentioned in the job description.

Building Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Long drawn out process. It took over 8 weeks to get through all of my interviews. They are as follows: 2 in person interviews, 2 phone interviews and 1 skype interview.

Interview Questions

• How I can better the facilities department?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard software development interview questions and asked to write a solution to a sample problem. The group interview was with 3 people and then a later one on one with the director of the division. The sample problem wasn't too difficult, something about scanning in a text file and running the words through a converter to see number of occurrences.

Interview Questions

I asked for a certain salary when I applied and they were fine with it. After interviewing, they said my skills weren't good enough for the senior position and offered a lower position with a lower salary. I declined, but later found job postings from job recruiters for the same job with the lower amount so I'm assuming they interviewed me anyway hoping I would take a lower salary. I took a day off of work and paid for travel myself. Also, spent my weekend working on the sample problem.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Horrible process. Typical government politics. Fill out forms online and wait for months. Went in for an in person interview after a phone screen and did not hear back for 2.5 months. Received random call and invited back for 3rd interview. They pretended to not know I had been in prior and that I had just applied. Very fearful this operation is only out to hire people who fit certain diversity criteria.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with team members who do not always come in and give 100% daily to do their job   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online through student posting site. Was contacted by HR, conducted a phone interview with HR before bringing on-site for management (also do Skype interviews when appropriate). Managers responded to my thank-you e-mails saying they wanted to move forward with the process and asked for 3 references. After checking my references, I was offered the internship. Completed background check, drug check, etc. before beginning internship.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a hard time working with a group and how you handled it.   Answer Question