Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.9

Cash Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a promise of an in person interview to follow shortly thereafter. Got a call back saying that I did not have manufacturing experience. This was not mentioned in the job description.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (New York, NY).

Interview

First received a preliminary call to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter, phone interview was simple and I got invited back to have a Skype interview. The Skype interview is with 2 people from the department you are applying for. A lot of behavioral question that follow S.T.A.R. and about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• What are the tasks that are performed in your position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied through my University and received a phone call shortly after for a phone interview with HR.
    The interview was pretty generic with no surprises. The interviewer seemed to actually have genuine interest in me and wanted to learn more.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, computer skills (Microsoft office), what do you know about us, why do you want to work here, why did you choose your major and school   Answer Question

Building Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Long drawn out process. It took over 8 weeks to get through all of my interviews. They are as follows: 2 in person interviews, 2 phone interviews and 1 skype interview.

Interview Questions

• How I can better the facilities department?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.

Interview

Interview over Skype that lasted 2.5+ hours. Spoke with a number of different people, including other research analysts and a staff economist. Most of the interview was focused on going over the writing sample I submitted with some behavioral questions from each person. Everyone was friendly and a lot of it felt like an exchange of ideas rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you worked with a group and what your role was.   Answer Question

Summer Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.

Interview

Brief 30 minute phone interview, basic questions. Then went to the houston branch to video conference interview with 2 members of the bank in cleveland. Asked basic personality questions and a lot of hypothetical "what-if" type questions. Be specific because they will ask you to elaborate if you are vague.

Interview Questions

• Experience with microsoft excel, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and simple. A phone screen with the usual behavioral questions asked for this position to qualify your experience. Then an in person interview at the downtown location with a few different groups of people, as well as a skills test. (This was simple and was just on Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, as well as correspondence writing to make sure you are competent.)

I did really enjoy the interview process itself, and the benefits looked incredible, but I was given somewhat of an exploding offer. (I was pressured to make the decision the same day and had to really plead for at least an extra day.) I was made the offer on a Thursday and wanted to think about it over the weekend because while the offer was extremely generous, its always a huge decision to change jobs and I had a few minor concerns about fit.

In the end, I declined, mostly because of the pressure I felt to give an immediate answer, which made me question the work environment. Not negotiating is one thing, but forcing a person to accept or decline so quickly is another, and will likely result in more declines from good candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work with a difficult personality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in October 2015.

Interview

Two rounds: first round is a phone interview to go through your resume and to check your background. Second round is either onsite or Skype interview with senior researchers.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Horrible process. Typical government politics. Fill out forms online and wait for months. Went in for an in person interview after a phone screen and did not hear back for 2.5 months. Received random call and invited back for 3rd interview. They pretended to not know I had been in prior and that I had just applied. Very fearful this operation is only out to hire people who fit certain diversity criteria.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with team members who do not always come in and give 100% daily to do their job   Answer Question

Interview

The process was pretty standard when compared to similar roles in other departments… HR screening. Two rounds of panel interviews (a mix of department managers and managers from similar areas in the bank). Writing assessment

Interview Questions

• A laundry list of "Tell me about a time when…." questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. If you negotiate, they will pull the offer.