Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 29, 2018

3.1

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I received a call back almost immediately. Much faster than colleagues who have applied to the Agency. The interview was not difficulty and more of a meet and greet some prospective team members. The interview itself was conversational on both sides and there were no behavioral questions at all. I'm on the fence about having to interview with the team. On one hand, there is value in meeting your potential team members. However, oftentimes team members can have ulterior motives in their approach and this was evident. Overall, the experience was pleasant, it increased my interest, and I expected to receive an employment offer, but I never heard back. All processes involving HR were extremely troublesome.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.

Interview

First phone interview with HR was extremely rude. Acted like didn't care about my time or myself and just going through the motions. Interrupted or questioned in a rude manner.

Second interview with department was more of what's expected of a polite and professional interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Being offered an intern position at the Federal Reserve is very competitive. Close to 100 applicants for each intern position and the interview process is very thorough. There were three rounds of interviews. Phone interview was mostly behavioral questions i.e. "Tell me a time you....." the second and third interview were more technical and consisted of leadership within the department you would be working with upon receiving an offer. All the employees and human resources staff were very polite. Just be ready to put yourself out there and let them know you are the best for the job.

Also, because there were so many applicants don't expect for the hiring process to be quick... took a month or two to get the offer from the initial application submission.

Interview Questions

• There's no way you can prepare for each behavioral question that is going to be asked - there's too many scenarios. Just be prepared to think on your feet and be confident in your answers.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

My interview was with someone very friendly and seemed interested in knowing who I was and how I could fit into the company. I thoroughly enjoyed my interview and did not feel rushed or nervous.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with challenges?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They were very upfront about each step of the interview process! I wasn't left guessing on when to expect return notification of the job process.
    Unlike other employers, they told me if I was 1 of 4 or 1 of 2 candidates left. I loved the transparency. After a phone interview, I was selected for an in-person interview. After that interview I only waited a couple of days to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Please describe yourself in 3 words.

Was there a time where you tried your hardest but still failed? How did you handle it/what was the outcome?   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I did a phone interview that led to a one on one interview about a week or so later. Then I didn't hear a word for over a month. Suddenly they called and wanted a second interview, which wasn't really an interview at all but a "meet everyone on the team" kind of thing. I expected an offer before I left, but didn't hear back until the next week when they told me I was a "Finalist" but they needed to check my references. After a week of that I finally received an offer that was below what I told them my range was initially. I was quite let down, but negotiated with them only to be rebuffed twice as far as any increase was concerned. I only was able to discuss salary with the HR rep, not the hiring manager. I ultimately turned it down since the reasons HR gave for the salary offer screamed of the type of place where you can't really expect to ever get appropriate merit increases either. Some things go without saying. Besides, I had two better offers on the table. I wanted to go with The Fed based on the whole package, but the salary issue was a deal-breaker.

Interview Questions

• "What kind of fruit would you be?" I'm still not sure what to make of that one.   Answer Question

Business Continuity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to get information about my background and why I was applying for the role. She asked me a few questions about Continuity of Business terminology to see if I knew what they stood for. The interviewer then gave me an assignment that I had about a day to complete. The goal of the assignment was to test my analytical skills and to see if I could communicate clearly with clean formatting.

Interview Questions

• The assignment was to analyze an Excel sheet with hypothetical system test results. The other part of the assignment was to produce a three to five slide PowerPoint presentation with results, and to write a one to three paragraph email to senior management with an explanation of the findings.   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Received an email for a phone screen and was subsequently invited for onsite interviews. Had a very positive experience until the end when I was told I would hear something within a week. I never heard back after multiple attempts to reach the recruiter. I was really taking a back by the radio silence; this was a 1st for me. I later found out that the position was offered to an internal candidate . Caution: Don't get your hopes up and go through the entire process just to be ignored afterwards.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied on company website. Received an email asking to do a phone interview about 2 weeks later. Phone interview took about 30 minutes.

Two weeks later was asked to come to the Bank for an interview with the manager. Interview lasted for an hour. Was asked to come back for final interview with VP the following week.

Offered the position on week after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about the Dallas Fed?
      2. What makes you uniquely qualified?
      3. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with negative feedback.
      4. What are your long term career goals?   1 Answer

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied for Senior Application Developer (java) position
    Got response after couple of months for different position.
    HR representative scheduled interview in 1 week after initial response.
    Phone screen went for 45 minutes. 2 Team members took phone screen.
    They have about 40 to 50 Java, jsp, sql, security, ORM,JTA, OOPS questions and it was more of
    Question and answer session it was not interactive at all.
    Within a week invited me for Onsite, HR gave directions to office, how to check-in.

Onsite interview schedule did not contain list of people whom you are going to meet
    and Organization / Department the position you are being interviewed.

Onsite interview went for about 2 hours. which is very easy for a senior developer.
    White boarding and few question and answers during onsite.
    Asked me to design typical 3 tier HR application.

HR representative asked me to provide 5 references out of which 2 should be managers
    and requested me to submit them in 2 days, which was bit of challenging to me to reach out people.

Did not receive any response for 1 week, sent an email, no response. Waited another 2 weeks
    no response.
    After 3 and half weeks HR contacted me saying they have filled the position I have interviewed
    internally and checked if I am open for another position which is Application Developer III
    which is lower than Senior Application Developer but Manager is will to consider my profile
    as my salary expectation is in the range.

Gave another phone screen of 1 hour followed by in-person of 2 hours within a week.
    I have asked HR Representative when 2 positions I have applied are in different level
    how come salary falls in the same range, HR told me earlier position is in Technology group
    and later is in business group.
    During 2 hours of Onsite interview either hiring manger or team member did not gave any information
    what is the organization and business and service inspite of asking in several different ways.
    I told HR very gently if I knew the position is in business organization I could have presented
    my Banking, trading, mortgage and other financial experience very well just not question and answers.

HR said she will pass the feedback to the hiring manager.

I have sent an email after 2 weeks for checking the status.
    HR representative called me after 3 days saying they have selected another candidate and also gave
    me feed back of my interview saying I do not have sufficient business knowledge.
    I have 15 years of Banking, Financial, trading, mortgage experience worked for top 4 banks and AssetManagement companies
    in USA, as contractor as well as Full Time.

Overall interview experience
    1. HR or hiring manager won't give any information what the expectations are and what they are looking for
    2. Interview process is more of 1 way. Question and answers it is not at all interactive
    3. Interview process does not leverage on your past experience even though it is Financial/ banking related
    4. HR representative do not provide official feedback of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical Java, jsp, sql, JTA faqs.
      3 Tier HR application design whiteboarding   Answer Question