Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online through a recruiting firm, got a call the next day from them and a phone interview was set up with the employer within 3 days. On the day of the interview i was on the phone with the hiring manager and the senior SQL Admin. The hiring manager gave me an overview of the company and the senior database admin delved into the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• They basically went over my resume and asked questions about what was on there, my duties in my current role...The interview was very conversational   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I received a call back almost immediately. Much faster than colleagues who have applied to the Agency. The interview was not difficulty and more of a meet and greet some prospective team members. The interview itself was conversational on both sides and there were no behavioral questions at all. I'm on the fence about having to interview with the team. On one hand, there is value in meeting your potential team members. However, oftentimes team members can have ulterior motives in their approach and this was evident. Overall, the experience was pleasant, it increased my interest, and I expected to receive an employment offer, but I never heard back. All processes involving HR were extremely troublesome.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.

Interview

First phone interview with HR was extremely rude. Acted like didn't care about my time or myself and just going through the motions. Interrupted or questioned in a rude manner.

Second interview with department was more of what's expected of a polite and professional interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

My interview was with someone very friendly and seemed interested in knowing who I was and how I could fit into the company. I thoroughly enjoyed my interview and did not feel rushed or nervous.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with challenges?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Being offered an intern position at the Federal Reserve is very competitive. Close to 100 applicants for each intern position and the interview process is very thorough. There were three rounds of interviews. Phone interview was mostly behavioral questions i.e. "Tell me a time you....." the second and third interview were more technical and consisted of leadership within the department you would be working with upon receiving an offer. All the employees and human resources staff were very polite. Just be ready to put yourself out there and let them know you are the best for the job.

Also, because there were so many applicants don't expect for the hiring process to be quick... took a month or two to get the offer from the initial application submission.

Interview Questions

• There's no way you can prepare for each behavioral question that is going to be asked - there's too many scenarios. Just be prepared to think on your feet and be confident in your answers.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They were very upfront about each step of the interview process! I wasn't left guessing on when to expect return notification of the job process.
    Unlike other employers, they told me if I was 1 of 4 or 1 of 2 candidates left. I loved the transparency. After a phone interview, I was selected for an in-person interview. After that interview I only waited a couple of days to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Please describe yourself in 3 words.

Was there a time where you tried your hardest but still failed? How did you handle it/what was the outcome?   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I did a phone interview that led to a one on one interview about a week or so later. Then I didn't hear a word for over a month. Suddenly they called and wanted a second interview, which wasn't really an interview at all but a "meet everyone on the team" kind of thing. I expected an offer before I left, but didn't hear back until the next week when they told me I was a "Finalist" but they needed to check my references. After a week of that I finally received an offer that was below what I told them my range was initially. I was quite let down, but negotiated with them only to be rebuffed twice as far as any increase was concerned. I only was able to discuss salary with the HR rep, not the hiring manager. I ultimately turned it down since the reasons HR gave for the salary offer screamed of the type of place where you can't really expect to ever get appropriate merit increases either. Some things go without saying. Besides, I had two better offers on the table. I wanted to go with The Fed based on the whole package, but the salary issue was a deal-breaker.

Interview Questions

• "What kind of fruit would you be?" I'm still not sure what to make of that one.   Answer Question

Business Continuity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to get information about my background and why I was applying for the role. She asked me a few questions about Continuity of Business terminology to see if I knew what they stood for. The interviewer then gave me an assignment that I had about a day to complete. The goal of the assignment was to test my analytical skills and to see if I could communicate clearly with clean formatting.

Interview Questions

• The assignment was to analyze an Excel sheet with hypothetical system test results. The other part of the assignment was to produce a three to five slide PowerPoint presentation with results, and to write a one to three paragraph email to senior management with an explanation of the findings.   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Received an email for a phone screen and was subsequently invited for onsite interviews. Had a very positive experience until the end when I was told I would hear something within a week. I never heard back after multiple attempts to reach the recruiter. I was really taking a back by the radio silence; this was a 1st for me. I later found out that the position was offered to an internal candidate . Caution: Don't get your hopes up and go through the entire process just to be ignored afterwards.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied on company website. Received an email asking to do a phone interview about 2 weeks later. Phone interview took about 30 minutes.

Two weeks later was asked to come to the Bank for an interview with the manager. Interview lasted for an hour. Was asked to come back for final interview with VP the following week.

Offered the position on week after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about the Dallas Fed?
      2. What makes you uniquely qualified?
      3. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with negative feedback.
      4. What are your long term career goals?   1 Answer