Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

3.2

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.

Interview

First phone interview with HR was extremely rude. Acted like didn't care about my time or myself and just going through the motions. Interrupted or questioned in a rude manner.

Second interview with department was more of what's expected of a polite and professional interview.

Treasury Services Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in May 2017.

Interview

I had two rounds of behavioral interviews over the phone. I found out I moved on to the second round 3 hours after the first interview with a recruiter. My second round was a couple of days later with the hiring manager and someone from the team. I was extended an offer less than 24 hours later. The recruiter called me 5 days later and told me they are getting rid of the role and moving in a new direction.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell your friends on September 1st after you complete your internship?   Answer Question
    • What is the best piece of advice you have received and how have you used it?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter to setup a phone screening. After the screening, which mostly involved questions regarding my personality and personal goals/aspirations, I was chosen to come onsite for a technical interview.

The onsite interview was about a half day of meeting with the recruiter, managers, and the team. The interview happened during the time Donald Trump took office and implemented a government wide hiring freeze. While the Fed is not technically a part of the Federal government, they chose to follow suit with the freeze. During the hiring freeze, my recruiter was excellent about relaying me the current status of the position and freeze. Eventually the freeze thawed and I was able to continue the interview process. I was then extended an offer, which I gladly accepted.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long and tedious.
    The first was the phone screen. The recruiter calls you to tell you about the role and ask basic questions about you. fairly simple. 15-20 mins.
    The second step is phone interview with a senior developer and a manager. They will ask you mainly about the resume and experiences you have. 30 mins
    The third step is on-site technical interview. They bring you in to the office and a senior developer and the manager will ask you varieties of questions in many fields to test your knowledge. Includes whiteboard. 2 hours.
    The fourth step is on-site behavioral interview. They bring you in one more time to ask and know what kind of person you are in details. 2 hours.
    The fifth step is to get references. You have to get at least 5 references from people you know to answer questions about you.
    If you pass all the steps above, they will give you contingency offer. From that point you will need to complete a background check, finger printing and drug screening. Once you complete and pass them, they will confirm you the start date.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They were very upfront about each step of the interview process! I wasn't left guessing on when to expect return notification of the job process.
    Unlike other employers, they told me if I was 1 of 4 or 1 of 2 candidates left. I loved the transparency. After a phone interview, I was selected for an in-person interview. After that interview I only waited a couple of days to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Please describe yourself in 3 words.

Was there a time where you tried your hardest but still failed? How did you handle it/what was the outcome?
      Answer Question

Service Delivery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Above average difficulty, but it's meant to be that way - it is the Federal Reserve. Dameka (Senior recruiter for the Fed) is down to earth and by far one of the nicest ladies I have spoken to for a phone interview before. When I interviewed for the position, the manager for that specific department asked questions to get to know me personally, my experiences with Information Technology, what software I liked and didn't like, etc. He then went into explaining how it would be like to work for the Fed, what is expected of me, why the program is one of the best around, etc. After the interview, I received a call one hour later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you were having difficulty with a group member and how you went about resolving the issue and completing the task.   Answer Question

LDP Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied late so I was contacted the next day. Scheduled a phone interview. Found out within a week I was selected for the first in person interview. It was informal and only 3 people interviewed me. Only behavioral questions were asked. Found out soon after I was selected for a second interview. This was with a panel of officers or management who all had open entry level positions in their department. Within two weeks I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were met with conflict at work and how did you overcome that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation. They gave a very competitive offer. So no need to negotiate.

Change and Release Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then hiring manager. Face to face with team then AVP finally HR. Phone interviews were facing finding missions and more technical in nature. The face to face interviews were more about character and fit for the environment.

Interview Questions

• Detail experience beyond resume providing examples of larger accomplishments or obstacles.   1 Answer

Management Development Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was very unprofessional and didn't care about my time at all. Had a phone interview scheduled but the recruiter never called, then received an email about an hour later wanting to reschedule. Rescheduled for another phone interview and the recruiter called me 30 minutes late this time. Tried follow up but could never get a hold of or get a response from the recruiter.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process so straight-forward - people very nice, and mostly spent trying to convince me to take the job! Great benefits and friendly people. They actually flew me in person to interview. Entire day spent in interviewing, but there was only one section of technical questions (asked to plot: 1/x-1 - don't forget the other side of the graph!!!). And they also asked about evaluating errors.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in programming? Also asked about senior thesis   1 Answer

Decided to pursue a Master's degree in economics before working