Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2018

3.1

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.

Interview

The interview was in person at a recruitment fair. Over all it included pretty standard questions with a focus on understanding your comfort level with different programs and math skills.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with different statistical programs.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied for Senior Application Developer (java) position
    Got response after couple of months for different position.
    HR representative scheduled interview in 1 week after initial response.
    Phone screen went for 45 minutes. 2 Team members took phone screen.
    They have about 40 to 50 Java, jsp, sql, security, ORM,JTA, OOPS questions and it was more of
    Question and answer session it was not interactive at all.
    Within a week invited me for Onsite, HR gave directions to office, how to check-in.

Onsite interview schedule did not contain list of people whom you are going to meet
    and Organization / Department the position you are being interviewed.

Onsite interview went for about 2 hours. which is very easy for a senior developer.
    White boarding and few question and answers during onsite.
    Asked me to design typical 3 tier HR application.

HR representative asked me to provide 5 references out of which 2 should be managers
    and requested me to submit them in 2 days, which was bit of challenging to me to reach out people.

Did not receive any response for 1 week, sent an email, no response. Waited another 2 weeks
    no response.
    After 3 and half weeks HR contacted me saying they have filled the position I have interviewed
    internally and checked if I am open for another position which is Application Developer III
    which is lower than Senior Application Developer but Manager is will to consider my profile
    as my salary expectation is in the range.

Gave another phone screen of 1 hour followed by in-person of 2 hours within a week.
    I have asked HR Representative when 2 positions I have applied are in different level
    how come salary falls in the same range, HR told me earlier position is in Technology group
    and later is in business group.
    During 2 hours of Onsite interview either hiring manger or team member did not gave any information
    what is the organization and business and service inspite of asking in several different ways.
    I told HR very gently if I knew the position is in business organization I could have presented
    my Banking, trading, mortgage and other financial experience very well just not question and answers.

HR said she will pass the feedback to the hiring manager.

I have sent an email after 2 weeks for checking the status.
    HR representative called me after 3 days saying they have selected another candidate and also gave
    me feed back of my interview saying I do not have sufficient business knowledge.
    I have 15 years of Banking, Financial, trading, mortgage experience worked for top 4 banks and AssetManagement companies
    in USA, as contractor as well as Full Time.

Overall interview experience
    1. HR or hiring manager won't give any information what the expectations are and what they are looking for
    2. Interview process is more of 1 way. Question and answers it is not at all interactive
    3. Interview process does not leverage on your past experience even though it is Financial/ banking related
    4. HR representative do not provide official feedback of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical Java, jsp, sql, JTA faqs.
      3 Tier HR application design whiteboarding   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Fantastic HR recruiter, if she said she was going to do something, or if she gave you date that you would hear back from her, she always followed through. She was always available to answer questions and it was the best experience I have ever had with a recruiter.

I had two phone interviews and then met with a C-level executive, they were all friendly, smart and wanted the best for their company.

If you are lucky enough to get a job offer from this company, take it. Friendly people, great atmosphere, they treat their employees well and they promote from within. A top company to work for in DFW.

Interview Questions

• General questions related to the job function and to how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Passed a phone interview and then scheduled an in-person panel interview a few weeks later. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming, and the interview questions were pretty standard. The interview went well, however I never heard back despite contacting them back in multiple ways. I’ve never been ghosted by a company like that before.

Facilities Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen interview with HR. Afterwards, I had to go the the FRB of Dallas on two separate days (7 days apart) as one of the managers was away on vacation. Arrived 20 minutes early each visit to allow time to clear security.

The first interview was with the hiring manager and the second with the hiring managers manager.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.

Interview

First phone interview with HR was extremely rude. Acted like didn't care about my time or myself and just going through the motions. Interrupted or questioned in a rude manner.

Second interview with department was more of what's expected of a polite and professional interview.

Treasury Services Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in May 2017.

Interview

I had two rounds of behavioral interviews over the phone. I found out I moved on to the second round 3 hours after the first interview with a recruiter. My second round was a couple of days later with the hiring manager and someone from the team. I was extended an offer less than 24 hours later. The recruiter called me 5 days later and told me they are getting rid of the role and moving in a new direction.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell your friends on September 1st after you complete your internship?   Answer Question
    • What is the best piece of advice you have received and how have you used it?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter to setup a phone screening. After the screening, which mostly involved questions regarding my personality and personal goals/aspirations, I was chosen to come onsite for a technical interview.

The onsite interview was about a half day of meeting with the recruiter, managers, and the team. The interview happened during the time Donald Trump took office and implemented a government wide hiring freeze. While the Fed is not technically a part of the Federal government, they chose to follow suit with the freeze. During the hiring freeze, my recruiter was excellent about relaying me the current status of the position and freeze. Eventually the freeze thawed and I was able to continue the interview process. I was then extended an offer, which I gladly accepted.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long and tedious.
    The first was the phone screen. The recruiter calls you to tell you about the role and ask basic questions about you. fairly simple. 15-20 mins.
    The second step is phone interview with a senior developer and a manager. They will ask you mainly about the resume and experiences you have. 30 mins
    The third step is on-site technical interview. They bring you in to the office and a senior developer and the manager will ask you varieties of questions in many fields to test your knowledge. Includes whiteboard. 2 hours.
    The fourth step is on-site behavioral interview. They bring you in one more time to ask and know what kind of person you are in details. 2 hours.
    The fifth step is to get references. You have to get at least 5 references from people you know to answer questions about you.
    If you pass all the steps above, they will give you contingency offer. From that point you will need to complete a background check, finger printing and drug screening. Once you complete and pass them, they will confirm you the start date.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They were very upfront about each step of the interview process! I wasn't left guessing on when to expect return notification of the job process.
    Unlike other employers, they told me if I was 1 of 4 or 1 of 2 candidates left. I loved the transparency. After a phone interview, I was selected for an in-person interview. After that interview I only waited a couple of days to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Please describe yourself in 3 words.

Was there a time where you tried your hardest but still failed? How did you handle it/what was the outcome?   Answer Question