Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

Interview

I applied online after inquiring about the position at a career fair. I did one interview on campus and then had two interviews at offices. The organization was good about informing me of my status in the interview process.

Access Management and Provisioning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

After applying several times for the same position that was posted multiple times. I was finally contacted by HR for a phone interview. Typical process two hiring managers who were new to the organization.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were broad, vague, and asinine. I could barely hear what the interviewer was saying, so bad i requested several times for the questions to be repeated. If your going to conduct conference calls make sure your AV is up to speed. In addition make sure you customize your interview questions to make sense to you and the other party.   1 Answer

Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

Interview

It was simple, one HR interview followed by an Interview from a a manager. Many simple questions asked. Nice People. Amazing experience. It was simple, one HR interview followed by an Interview from a a manager. Many simple questions asked. Nice People. Amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• It was simple, one HR interview followed by an Interview from a a manager. Many simple questions asked. Nice People. Amazing experience.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

They visited a class I was attending on campus and told us to apply online. Heard from them via email about a week later and received an interview over the phone. All behavioral questions. Also asked which languages I thought were my strong points.

Business Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in October 2016.

Interview

1 weeks after I applied they called me to schedule an interview next day. I took a time then exactly at that time they called. The telephone interview went on for 30 minutes.

Senior Java Developer - REMOTE Denver, CO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

To begin, Please review other interviews that speak to being woefully unprepared by the recruiter.
    This interview was NO different.
    Also note comments about utilizing outdated technology and paying less than market rates.

There were actions taken during the interview that lead me to lose confidence in the overall process, and (frankly!) in the interviewers themselves. Questions presented were NOT properly vetted beforehand, and contained inaccuracies.

I already went through a first round phone tech. screen, but this was unknown (and unappreciated!) by the second round interview team.

As the interview progressed, It became clear that the expectations set with me prior to the interview were NOT going to be met (expected duration, content, format, and my up-front insistence for interview balance and clarity on why I was chosen for this 2nd interview), and I became more reluctant to continue with the process.

An impasse was reached when I began to inquire as to the total number of unplanned “white board” questions that were expected, especially given my expectations for the allotted time remaining, and the technical limitations and the heroic means of trying to complete these via video conference.
    I was confronted with a tone of (paraphrasing) “..these are representative of the daily work expected for this position..”
    Privately I thought that opinion absurd, given this was a remote development position where day-to-day all possible resources could be brought to bear, but from a larger perspective I detected an expectation of “you are here now to do whatever we ask of you”.

That was the breaking point for me, as I decided that my further participation in this process was no longer required, making my final decision easy abort this interview and to decline any further engagement for this position.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard a Binary Search Algorithm in Java.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university career center. Got an interview on campus that was all behavioral. They brought me out to KC for an in house interview. Very nice people that work there and very helpful

Software Developer/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in October 2015.

Interview

There were around 20 candidates being interviewed for several different positions (both intern and full-time). They gave us an introduction to the Fed, then sent us off to two interviews. The interviewers were managers in a department specific to your applied position. The ones I had were nice and genuine, and it tended to be conversational. They finished the day by giving you a tour of the bank.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself and your career 10 years from now?   Answer Question
    • If your supervisor asked you to do something you disagreed with, how would you go about handling it?   Answer Question
    • Behavioral/situational/case questions   Answer Question

Software Developer/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview which was about 30 minutes, strictly behavioural questions. Then a few weeks later, I was invited to the bank for two more interviews (both behavioural too), a tour of the bank, they served lunch, and then there was a Q&A. The whole event took about 4 hours and was with about 40 other people applying for a variety of full time and internship positions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with a difficult problem, how did you go about solving it?

How do you approach an already established group that you are assigned to?   Answer Question

Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (Norman, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer started talking about casual things of life and then he started to explain the job duties. It wasn't a really hard interview, just a behavioral one. It's a competitive job so potential candidates should show a lot of confidence and have prepared examples. Previous relevant experience might be a big plus too.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation when you had to use large data to solve a problem?   1 Answer