Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

SRC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first interviewed with HR and was asked many situational questions. They were fairly easy, just be sure to practice your answers. The HR lady was not intimidating either, she made it feel like I was already a part of the bank. Next after this was finish, I was sent to a panel interview with the head of the department and three of is workers (so four people total in the panel). They all had copies of my resume and asked me to explain it n depth and asked more about my skills.

Supervision, Regulation and Credit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview with the department that you will be working with, then with Human Resources. They asked basic questions about teams and normal Human Resources questions. Very simple process, took a total of about 2 months from the day I applied to the day they called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you worked with a team, and what role did you take?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewing manager was very knowledgeable and respectful. HR personnel was really pleasant. She gave me the first impression to the Bank which was very welcoming, comfortable and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• They had a generic interview questions done by the HR Department, didn't really cut to the chase. Nevertheless, I made the cut. So it was all good.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by flyout and on site interview with economists and managers. They emailed me an offer in April 2012. It wasn't very difficult overall. You will be interviewing with the economists that you will be primarily working for, as well as some others.

Interview Questions

• Asked a little about my programming background. Didn't ask any difficult questions about econometrics.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Screen by headhunter, telephone interview with FRB, then in-person review with hiring manager and hiring team. The headhunter was not good with follow-up and keeping me posted on progress. The hiring manager was old-school traditional project management, the environment seemed very bureaucratic. Team was nice enough, I didn't take the job since it required a longer commitment than I was willing to make there with that technology.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a risk and an issue?   1 Answer

I want to work with the cloud if possible and this wasn't that.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Initial contact with HR though phone and email. Then, there was a phone interview with Hiring Managers. This was like a full fledged phone interview asking why you want the job and why you would be a good fit. The phone interview can run up to an Hr. Next, you're invited for an in person interview. First you meet with HR and they ask why you want the job, they go through you resume and you have to give them a writing sample. After that hour, you meet with the Hiring Managers that you spoke with over the phone and they ask mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for the feds?
      Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Financial Institution Structure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Relatively straight forward interview process. I applied online and was called by a recruiter to set up an interview. The interview was two parts, one in HR one with the department I was applying to. The HR interview was fairly quick, one-on-one with general resume questions and a handful of behavioral questions. The interview in the Financial Institution Structure business unit was with three people, and was a longer interview with more detail about the position, primarily behavioral questions again. Really friendly atmosphere with some laughing and light conversation at the start and end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your excel skills?
      Can you tell me about a time when you were faced with adversity?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The process consist of two interviews in one. You meet with the HR manager, then you meet with the manager and analyst in the division you are applying for. The HR kind of reviews your resume and clarify any question they have. Very tough. The meeting with manager and analyst were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior (name a time about leadership, organization, plan, conflict)   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. Spoke first with HR, then the department manager, and then interviewed by six people in a conference room. My portfolio was examined and I was asked some questions pertaining to it. I was also asked all the normal questions about why I wanted the position and why I was leaving my current employer.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.

Interview

I was called by my human resources department, they stated " I will have my interview on blank date. Unfortunately I did not have the skills the department needed. So, I never made it pass my Human Resources Department.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions were asked simply because as I mentioned above, I did not qualify for the position.   Answer Question