Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Initial contact with HR though phone and email. Then, there was a phone interview with Hiring Managers. This was like a full fledged phone interview asking why you want the job and why you would be a good fit. The phone interview can run up to an Hr. Next, you're invited for an in person interview. First you meet with HR and they ask why you want the job, they go through you resume and you have to give them a writing sample. After that hour, you meet with the Hiring Managers that you spoke with over the phone and they ask mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for the feds?
      Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Phone call 3 days later to set up phone interview. Phone interview few days later. They go over resume and the position. Make sure to know the company. A week later phone call by HR for in person interview. Hr will send documents prior to complete. This includes type of questions they will ask you, reference and supervisor contact info, salary requirements, conflicts of interest etc. In person interview starts with HR. questions on your resume and Hr will go over that paperwork they asked you to fill out. They will ask you to agree to background check/agreement to medical authorization check/reference & supervisor check. Hr will ask salary requirements also and will go over their benefits .Again, study the company. Expect questions on their key statistics. Next you wait about 15 minutes to meet with the next 3 people from upper management. The 3 will ask you questions on resume, behavior style question, and what you bring to the table. Don't bother to ask for email to send thank you letters, they won't give that information. Next I got a call a week later to go over any conflict of interests per my debt, insurance, personal investments,etc. You may need to change car insurance or refinance a loan. Once you pass the conflict of interest you get a call from HR. I received a "contingent offer". I did not negotiate given they were within my range and I heard they don't really negotiate anyways. Contingency is per your drug testing, finger printing, and reference/supervisor check. You may also need to provide pay stubs/w2. This process can take 2-3 weeks. All in all EVERYTHING was a total of two months.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you turned a complex problem into a simple solution   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR person, then follow up with the hiring manager. Brough in for another interview with HR recruiter and hiring manager. The phone interviews were mainly just a review of my resume as well as a few behavior questions lasted around 30-45 minutes. Make sure to ask questions about the culture and the next steps. Also does not hurt to send a thank you email after your interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewing manager was very knowledgeable and respectful. HR personnel was really pleasant. She gave me the first impression to the Bank which was very welcoming, comfortable and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• They had a generic interview questions done by the HR Department, didn't really cut to the chase. Nevertheless, I made the cut. So it was all good.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The process consist of two interviews in one. You meet with the HR manager, then you meet with the manager and analyst in the division you are applying for. The HR kind of reviews your resume and clarify any question they have. Very tough. The meeting with manager and analyst were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior (name a time about leadership, organization, plan, conflict)   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.

Interview

I was called by my human resources department, they stated " I will have my interview on blank date. Unfortunately I did not have the skills the department needed. So, I never made it pass my Human Resources Department.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions were asked simply because as I mentioned above, I did not qualify for the position.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Screen by headhunter, telephone interview with FRB, then in-person review with hiring manager and hiring team. The headhunter was not good with follow-up and keeping me posted on progress. The hiring manager was old-school traditional project management, the environment seemed very bureaucratic. Team was nice enough, I didn't take the job since it required a longer commitment than I was willing to make there with that technology.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a risk and an issue?   1 Answer

I want to work with the cloud if possible and this wasn't that.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. Spoke first with HR, then the department manager, and then interviewed by six people in a conference room. My portfolio was examined and I was asked some questions pertaining to it. I was also asked all the normal questions about why I wanted the position and why I was leaving my current employer.

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Ask about the Fed overall, ask about resume, give you some activities to complete. Activities seem overwhelming but when you dig into them they are pretty straightforward. Not extremely cutthroat, people are nice. Be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the most challenging part of this job will be.   1 Answer

Creative Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I had a phone interview, which went very well. I then needed to wait two weeks for the recruiter to set up a face-to-face interview. Two weeks later, I followed up with the recruiter and was told the interview couldn’t take place for another 5 weeks. We agreed upon a date and time for the interview and the recruiter then forwarded a list of people (8) I would be interviewing with and a lengthy list of behavioral topics/questions they expected to be covered (No questions about design, web development etc).

I immediately started prepping for the interview. I updated my portfolio site. I went out and purchased an entire new outfit (suit, shirt, shoes and tie) along with an expensive 12" iPad to present my portfolio.

I spent a number of nights researching the 8 people I was set to interview with and wrote up answers for all the interview topics they had forwarded me. I also practiced my responses verbally for hours. I very much wanted this position and tried to do whatever I could to prepare.

4 days before I was set to come in for the interview, the recruiter called back and told me they were no longer interested. No explanation was given other than they had decided to “go in a different direction”.

“Going in a different direction” is a nothing statement that someone rolls out when the lay someone off! Needless to say, I was dumbfounded and only managed to ask if my portfolio was up to par. I was told the decision had nothing to do with my portfolio. I can only guess that my resume was no longer good enough for the competition or fit their needs.

I not sure if what happened to me is common, but it certainly felt very unprofessional.

To make matters worse, when hanging up the recruiter suggested I continue to check their website often for future opportunities. Was I missing something? Why on earth would I want to apply for a different position after this experience? I wanted to tell her no thanks, but to check my portfolio site often in her spare time, but thought that was just as absurd.

I seriously think this company needs to reevaluate their interview process. For starters, don’t have 8 people sit in on the first round of interviews if it takes more than a month and a half to get an applicant in.

Interview Questions

• Candidates will be asked a series of behavioral-style questions based on identified job-specific competencies. Candidates will be asked to provide specific examples from previous work experiences that demonstrate their use of the identified job-specific competencies.

The competencies that have been identified for the Creative Services Manager are listed below with their definitions.

Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.   Answer Question