Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

Process wasn't too bad. A total of two phone calls where I was asked questions about my resume/experience and then some behavioral questions. Never had to go on-site, just over the phone. They let me know a few weeks later via email.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Initial telephone screen with recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager the following week, then about 3 weeks later they flew me out for a series of in-person interviews. Questions were mostly personality-based - I had prepared for them to ask some statistics questions at the in-person interview but they never did. I talked with really pleasant, congenial folks.

Technical Interview

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out to me a few days afterwards. Set me up with a phone interview, which led to an on-site interview. The whole process was hassle-free and I was very impressed with it.

Associate Regional Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.

Interview

The interview process was standard. I received an email from the recruiter. Subsequently received a phone call to select a date and time for the phone interview. I interviewed with two people, the director and the vice president.

Interview Questions

• Are you a good writer? Do you like to write? Do you have programming skills?   Answer Question

IT- Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA).

Interview

First stage phone interview: pleasant, efficient, informational. The questions were not quite behavioral and not quite technical; more so an informational interview to see where in the niches of the IT department would work for you.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond in February 2017.

Interview

More challenging than most RA interviews. Make sure to review your intermediate micro background. You'll likely have to qualitatively and quantitatively describe a micro topic. They also asked me to described my undergraduate research.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrico, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Henrico, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Fast and thorough. Helpful and guiding recruiters throughout the whole process! Speedy process and constantly updated with next steps. Very informative and know what they're looking for must be detailed, composed and know your field well, they know what they want!

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you cannot intervene users to generate feedback to gather analytics?   Answer Question

Senior Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Talk on the phone with HR, Hiring Manager and members of QSR. Present research and interview with HR, Hiring Manager and members of QSR HR appears to be extremely important in this process, and even though the hiring manager, an AVP Economist stresses the research aspect, it appears that HR's view of whether or not one would "fit" as an examiner is far more important.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were random and not clearly related to one's area of specialization. My view is that the requirement to present academic research as one would with a real academic job is really a marketing tool because there were almost no questions related to my research, and the person who asked one question about it did not seem to understand my simple answer (I know it was clear as I have given many presentations and received feedback on them).   1 Answer

Information Technology Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Had a phone screen with the recruiter who first asked about my interests and what other opportunities I was exploring. Then I had a phone screen with the VP of the department. Very monotone, did not seem excited to be interviewing at all. Asked a lot of general questions, and didn't really facilitate conversation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process was pretty straightforward. It was done all over the phone; I didn't have to come in in-person. They asked me questions about my knowledge of the FR system, which economists I liked, basic stuff about economics, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate.