Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Assistant Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. There were three men sitting around a table, who each belonged to a different section of the position I was interviewing for. I would strongly recommend doing you research on the Fed. Also make sure you get there early and ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why the Richmond Federal Reserve?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

Started great, the campus recruiter was very great at keeping in touch. She referred me and I was able to get an interview for a summer internship.

Intern Interview

Interview

Process wasn't too bad. A total of two phone calls where I was asked questions about my resume/experience and then some behavioral questions. Never had to go on-site, just over the phone. They let me know a few weeks later via email.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by three individuals at my university. They were very organized and created a relaxed and comfortable environment for me. I was offered the internship at the end of the interview but had to wait a few weeks to receive a formal offer and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the biggest challenges you've been faced with in a working environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process was pretty straightforward. It was done all over the phone; I didn't have to come in in-person. They asked me questions about my knowledge of the FR system, which economists I liked, basic stuff about economics, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email about a phone interview in about two weeks. Had a phone interview with the manager and team member of the department. Asked questions about my myself and coursework. Following the phone interview, received an email within a week about an on-site interview. At the on-site interview, I sat with the manager of the department as well as an HR Rep. Asked questions about my experience and coursework. Very similar to the phone interview. If you have any projects you've completed, print them out and bring them in.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of risk?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

They called me up for a phone interview. They asked basic questions about my education. Then two days letter they asked me to come in for the in person interview. The in person interview was fairly easy.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

1st phone interview, including salary expectations.
    2nd on site with hiring manager and HM's peer.
    Rigorous physical security - makes airports seem tame.
    After they explained the corporate org structure, Standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would your superiors describe you? followed by how would your subordinates describe you?   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.

Interview

Two phone screens, one of which was a panel screen, and then in-person with numerous panels immediately after each other. You meet with absolutely everyone in the entire legal department, at all levels, from legal assistants to associate counsel and general counsel. The interview is entirely about personality with little substance given about the actual nature of the position. The legal assistants and paralegals will ask you how you will treat them - literally. You will be asked your MBTI type, to describe how your "social energies" are generated in workplace settings, and a range of other odd and intrusive questions about your personality. Make sure you are prepared for numerous cultural fit questions and to project extroversion in personality - they will not hire you if you appear introverted.

In lieu of direct questions on the substance of your job, you will be expected to lead discussion on the assumed substance of the position you don't even have yet, without much information coming from their end. They will expect technical questions about internal proprietary systems and will rate you negatively for failure to have sufficient questions about the role if you cannot do this.

You will be lucky if the recruiter actually responds to you about the status of your application for months, but then expects immediate responses if they need something from you. Seriously, I received multiple calls from the recruiter within the same business day after weeks of radio silence. If you have to incur expenses to come to the interview you will not receive a reimbursement for months. My impression was that this office has very specific, stuffy, cultural requirements which they are uncompromising about and very opaque technical expectations that they refuse to discuss with applicants. In addition, the office contacts were extremely discourteous and unhelpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• MBTI assessment based questions and numerous questions regarding cultural fit.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out to me a few days afterwards. Set me up with a phone interview, which led to an on-site interview. The whole process was hassle-free and I was very impressed with it.