Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.8

IT- Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA).

Interview

First stage phone interview: pleasant, efficient, informational. The questions were not quite behavioral and not quite technical; more so an informational interview to see where in the niches of the IT department would work for you.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond in February 2017.

Interview

More challenging than most RA interviews. Make sure to review your intermediate micro background. You'll likely have to qualitatively and quantitatively describe a micro topic. They also asked me to described my undergraduate research.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrico, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Henrico, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Fast and thorough. Helpful and guiding recruiters throughout the whole process! Speedy process and constantly updated with next steps. Very informative and know what they're looking for must be detailed, composed and know your field well, they know what they want!

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you cannot intervene users to generate feedback to gather analytics?   Answer Question

Senior Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Talk on the phone with HR, Hiring Manager and members of QSR. Present research and interview with HR, Hiring Manager and members of QSR HR appears to be extremely important in this process, and even though the hiring manager, an AVP Economist stresses the research aspect, it appears that HR's view of whether or not one would "fit" as an examiner is far more important.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were random and not clearly related to one's area of specialization. My view is that the requirement to present academic research as one would with a real academic job is really a marketing tool because there were almost no questions related to my research, and the person who asked one question about it did not seem to understand my simple answer (I know it was clear as I have given many presentations and received feedback on them).   1 Answer

Information Technology Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Had a phone screen with the recruiter who first asked about my interests and what other opportunities I was exploring. Then I had a phone screen with the VP of the department. Very monotone, did not seem excited to be interviewing at all. Asked a lot of general questions, and didn't really facilitate conversation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process was pretty straightforward. It was done all over the phone; I didn't have to come in in-person. They asked me questions about my knowledge of the FR system, which economists I liked, basic stuff about economics, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online via the Federal Reserve website. After a follow-up email, I was contacted to set up a phone interview with one of the Regional Economists and their assistant. The phone interview was an exploratory one and all the typical questions were asked. They asked about my internship experience, about my classes, and what my career goals were. I was called afterwards and told that I would be flown down for an in-person interview. After a week with no further contact, I reached back out and told there was a mix-up and that they went ahead with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Can you go into detail about your experience with VBA?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

They called me up for a phone interview. They asked basic questions about my education. Then two days letter they asked me to come in for the in person interview. The in person interview was fairly easy.

Assistant Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. There were three men sitting around a table, who each belonged to a different section of the position I was interviewing for. I would strongly recommend doing you research on the Fed. Also make sure you get there early and ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why the Richmond Federal Reserve?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email about a phone interview in about two weeks. Had a phone interview with the manager and team member of the department. Asked questions about my myself and coursework. Following the phone interview, received an email within a week about an on-site interview. At the on-site interview, I sat with the manager of the department as well as an HR Rep. Asked questions about my experience and coursework. Very similar to the phone interview. If you have any projects you've completed, print them out and bring them in.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of risk?   1 Answer