Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2018

2.9

ITS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in January 2015.

Interview

I applied in November and received a call to schedule a phone interview in late December. The interview happened in the beginning of January. The hiring manager and one person from the internship committee conducted the interview; they were very friendly and empathetic. They asked only behavioral questions and the interview lasted for about 40 minutes. When it was over, they told me I would hear back in a couple of weeks, but I contacted HR when I hadn't heard back in a month. HR told me they were waiting for all of the hiring managers to choose their interns before sending a response, but they told me my specific hiring manager chose someone else. A few months later, the HR person called me and told me another position opened up and all I had to do was accept it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond what was expected of you?   Answer Question
    • When you have projects and assignments with similar deadlines, how do you manage your time?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to take on a leadership position.   Answer Question
    • Describe your greatest accomplishment.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Interview

I had 15 min phone interview by HR then about 45 min phone interview by a direct manager about a week later.
    They are really bad with scheduling and time management. They called half an hour later then scheduled time, doesn't respond to emails for weeks. Also, they wanted me to come in for in-person interview but didn't contact me at promised time. I actually had to email them several times if they still want to continue or not so that I can move on.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of ordinary. Mostly from your resume and explain in detail what you did etc.   Answer Question

Law Enforcement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Interview

Hiring process is very in depth and detailed. The length of time is exceeding long and frustrating at times. You will be expected to test for general writing abilities then you will be required to conduct a panel interview. Once passed through the panel interview, if you make it through the other prior testing you will be required to submit to a in depth written test not to exceed over 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question is the question that you aren't prepared for. The interview process is detailed, but the questions that are asked are open ended questions that require you to explain reasoning, logical thought process, leadership, decision making skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with two managers and an in-office interview with the team manager and a member of the Internship council.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

I was contacted by HR a couple of months after I submitted an application on their site to pick a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by two people and lasted 30 minutes. One hiring manager and one person on the internship committee. The interview started out with the hiring manager describing what the internship would be like and then they proceeded to ask 4 questions, typical behavioral question. Then they opened it up to questions.

I was decisions would be made the week after.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to a phone interview a few weeks after the deadline. The interview was straight forward and the interviewer made it more of a conversation as opposed to question after question. There were two people on the other end, the interviewer and I believe the other was listening and taking notes.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Interview

Went through a series of phone calls for a communications intern. Asked behavioral questions. Interviewed with several managers and directors. Not a very hard interview. They wanted to make sure I had experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the federal reserve?
      Talk about your experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Online application, followed by a 40 minute phone interview. The process takes some time as there are many applications. A timeline is posted on their website and the stay pretty much on schedule.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you were faced with multiple project deadlines, and describe how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in February 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews were conducted over the phone by two people. This was a little awkward just because they would be typing up my answers so there would be a long pause after I completed each question. The second round was done over video with three people and was much easier since you could gauge the room by seeing the people interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Most were OB (Organizational Behavior) questions. This included how you have dealt with failure, organization, leadership and communication.   1 Answer

Middleware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews starting with one from the HR. The second phone interview with the hiring manager kind of made me feel that they were just going through the motion and did not have serious intentions for hiring. However, I was offered an in person interview. The hiring manager had zero people skills and asked questions in a rapid fire sequence with ZERO eye contact - almost as if looking down at me or trying to establish his high hand. After inital discussion, team members came in and interviewed. That part of the interview also went well and afterwards my interaction with them made my feel I may have the job. However, I was not sure of the manager, who I thought had a discriminatory attitude towards me. Sure enough, they asked for a second in person. I went in and the manager had someone else in the team he wanted to talk to me. This new guy was really trying to find something to kind of brush my candidacy aside. During one of the back and forth, even his peers on the panel wondered out loud, "What are you trying to ask? I think he has answered your question."
    I felt I was discriminated based on my ethnic background the hiring manager, who used one of his close associates to try to change the opinion of the team.
    After over a month, I reached out and was told that the position was on hold. HR was great to work with though.

Interview Questions

• ALl questions were tailored to my middleware/infrastructure experience   Answer Question