Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2018

2.9

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Interview

Application requires teacher letter of recs. There is a phone screen, and if you pass, they fly you in to interview with multiple sections who are interested in you. They mostly ask about your research experience, very light econometrics and economic theory knowledge. When you are flown out for an interview, you are pretty much deemed qualified. At this point, it's about fit and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about this research project listed on your resume. What type of model did you use and why?   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, then HR contacted thru email a week later to schedule an on site interview. Another recruiter called for a phone interview. Two technical analyst managers interviewed along with one of the TAs. Questions are mostly about previous technical experience. No technical questions whatsoever. The interview went fine but I followed up several days and weeks but had no response, even to let me know that I wasnt selected, the recruiter just shut me off.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

30 minute interview with a department head and former summer analyst. Easy-going conversation consisting of behavioral questions. The conversation lasted longer than expected due to followup questions regarding interests and prior work experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by a Senior Talent Acquisition Diversity Recruiter to set up interview. Had interview with two people, the hiring manager and an Internship Council Representative.

The interview was relaxed. We had some discussion about my background, and work experience, and answered a few typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an unexpected challenge and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

GOLD Internhsip Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview over the phone. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and someone on the intern council. The interviewers seemed a bit unorganized. It took over a month for the company to get back to me about a decision.

Gold Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in January 2018.

Interview

Process took about 3 months. I applied online in October, and was contacted for an interview in early January. There was only one phone interview, with the Senior Diversity Recruiter and the person who would be my supervisor. It lasted around 30 minutes; they were very accommodating and just asked typical interview questions. Nothing technical. Heard back from them a week later.

Gold Interview

Interview

It was very straightforward. I applied online, was contacted for an interview a month or so later, had a phone interview with the team, and was then accepted. The team behind it was very friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with deadlines for multiple projects at the same time?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Long and arduous. ultimately lost the job to someone who had a relationship with an individual working at the organization. There's no winning when nepotism is involved, especially when it's the government.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where you failed?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Interview

Went through a series of phone calls for a communications intern. Asked behavioral questions. Interviewed with several managers and directors. Not a very hard interview. They wanted to make sure I had experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the federal reserve?
      Talk about your experience.   Answer Question

Senior IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I wish I could leave a positive response about the FRB interview process but for an organization of its stature, it leaves a lot to be desired. I've applied to 4 different jobs and received responses back from 4 recruiters. That's the good part. The bad part is that this is where my journey ended for all 4 jobs. I literally can't get past the recruiter to speak to a hiring manager or someone who knows more about the position. No email response. No call backs. It was like I never inquired at FRB. Every recruiter I spoke to did not have an idea of what the hiring manager required for the job but apparently I hadn't been rated high enough to even warrant an email or call back stating that the position had been filled or not filled or that they weren't interested in me. I was encouraged that all the jobs I applied for were jobs that I was qualified and that the recruiters called me within days of my application but their follow-thru has been horrible to say the least. I am highly disappointed in the application process at FRB. I was really looking forward to working there instead of a tech company.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't interviewed. I received a phone screen to determine if I was a real person who can speak to his resume. There wasn't any trick questions in the 30 minute phone screen.   Answer Question