Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

Gold Interview

Interview

It was very straightforward. I applied online, was contacted for an interview a month or so later, had a phone interview with the team, and was then accepted. The team behind it was very friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with deadlines for multiple projects at the same time?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Long and arduous. ultimately lost the job to someone who had a relationship with an individual working at the organization. There's no winning when nepotism is involved, especially when it's the government.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where you failed?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Interview

Went through a series of phone calls for a communications intern. Asked behavioral questions. Interviewed with several managers and directors. Not a very hard interview. They wanted to make sure I had experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the federal reserve?
      Talk about your experience.   Answer Question

Senior IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I wish I could leave a positive response about the FRB interview process but for an organization of its stature, it leaves a lot to be desired. I've applied to 4 different jobs and received responses back from 4 recruiters. That's the good part. The bad part is that this is where my journey ended for all 4 jobs. I literally can't get past the recruiter to speak to a hiring manager or someone who knows more about the position. No email response. No call backs. It was like I never inquired at FRB. Every recruiter I spoke to did not have an idea of what the hiring manager required for the job but apparently I hadn't been rated high enough to even warrant an email or call back stating that the position had been filled or not filled or that they weren't interested in me. I was encouraged that all the jobs I applied for were jobs that I was qualified and that the recruiters called me within days of my application but their follow-thru has been horrible to say the least. I am highly disappointed in the application process at FRB. I was really looking forward to working there instead of a tech company.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't interviewed. I received a phone screen to determine if I was a real person who can speak to his resume. There wasn't any trick questions in the 30 minute phone screen.   Answer Question

Examiner Interview

Interview

Good luck in the panel interview, you'll need it. Overall, you needed to have basically done this position for 3+ years and then do this interview in order to answer their questions.

Interview Questions

• Know inside and out of a banks balance sheet and income statement. Meaning what are their greatest: Assets, Liabilities, OE, Rev, Exp....   Answer Question
    • What are the all the different types of risks associate with a bank, describe the risks, and as an Associate Examiner, how would you prevent these risks. (Know at least 6+ risks)   Answer Question
    • Why would a bank have a net loss?   Answer Question
    • What documentation do you need to look for as an Associate Examiner in order to make sure the loan officer did their job correctly. (Be VERY detailed in what the documents would be called)   Answer Question
    • What's the first thing you ask when someone needs a loan?   Answer Question
    • How does a bank make their money?   Answer Question
    • What are Checking and Saving accounts also referred to as?   Answer Question

Talent Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Hour long screening with recruiter which resulted in under two hours of interviews with the hiring manager and peer manager. The recruiter was knowledgeable and seemed to really want to get to know you rather than ask a bunch of canned questions.

Gold Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to interview for the internship. I had one phone interview and they said they would get back to me by the end of the month.

The phone interview was about a half hour with a short explanation of the position and the project I would work on, four behavioral questions, one technical question and time for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Who was a leader that you like to serve under and what qualities made them a good leader?   Answer Question
    • Describe a goal you accomplished and why you're proud of it.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Online application, followed by a 40 minute phone interview. The process takes some time as there are many applications. A timeline is posted on their website and the stay pretty much on schedule.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you were faced with multiple project deadlines, and describe how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an on site. The panel was supposed to be four people but only two showed and were late. One of them wasn't on the original list and hardly let me answer a question. I email HR about the situation and was referred to the recruiter handling the position, he didn't know about some of the panel not showing up to the interview and said he'd get back to me but didn't. They seemed to be busy people and I got the impression that it wasn't a good time to have an interview, just wish they'd let me know and rescheduled it.

Research Associate - Community Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online in early August, and received a response (via email) in mid-September to schedule a phone interview. As the interview was coming to an end, I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week or early next week, but two-and-a-half weeks went by before I was told (via email, again) that I would not be moving forward with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and qualifications for this position.   Answer Question
    • What would your previous manager say your strengths were/are?   Answer Question
    • What would your previous manager say you need to improve on?   Answer Question