Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Interview

Went through a series of phone calls for a communications intern. Asked behavioral questions. Interviewed with several managers and directors. Not a very hard interview. They wanted to make sure I had experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the federal reserve?
      Talk about your experience.   Answer Question

Examiner Interview

Interview

Good luck in the panel interview, you'll need it. Overall, you needed to have basically done this position for 3+ years and then do this interview in order to answer their questions.

Interview Questions

• Know inside and out of a banks balance sheet and income statement. Meaning what are their greatest: Assets, Liabilities, OE, Rev, Exp....   Answer Question
    • What are the all the different types of risks associate with a bank, describe the risks, and as an Associate Examiner, how would you prevent these risks. (Know at least 6+ risks)   Answer Question
    • Why would a bank have a net loss?   Answer Question
    • What documentation do you need to look for as an Associate Examiner in order to make sure the loan officer did their job correctly. (Be VERY detailed in what the documents would be called)   Answer Question
    • What's the first thing you ask when someone needs a loan?   Answer Question
    • How does a bank make their money?   Answer Question
    • What are Checking and Saving accounts also referred to as?   Answer Question

Talent Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Hour long screening with recruiter which resulted in under two hours of interviews with the hiring manager and peer manager. The recruiter was knowledgeable and seemed to really want to get to know you rather than ask a bunch of canned questions.

Gold Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to interview for the internship. I had one phone interview and they said they would get back to me by the end of the month.

The phone interview was about a half hour with a short explanation of the position and the project I would work on, four behavioral questions, one technical question and time for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Who was a leader that you like to serve under and what qualities made them a good leader?   Answer Question
    • Describe a goal you accomplished and why you're proud of it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Online application, followed by a 40 minute phone interview. The process takes some time as there are many applications. A timeline is posted on their website and the stay pretty much on schedule.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you were faced with multiple project deadlines, and describe how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an on site. The panel was supposed to be four people but only two showed and were late. One of them wasn't on the original list and hardly let me answer a question. I email HR about the situation and was referred to the recruiter handling the position, he didn't know about some of the panel not showing up to the interview and said he'd get back to me but didn't. They seemed to be busy people and I got the impression that it wasn't a good time to have an interview, just wish they'd let me know and rescheduled it.

Research Associate - Community Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online in early August, and received a response (via email) in mid-September to schedule a phone interview. As the interview was coming to an end, I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week or early next week, but two-and-a-half weeks went by before I was told (via email, again) that I would not be moving forward with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and qualifications for this position.   Answer Question
    • What would your previous manager say your strengths were/are?   Answer Question
    • What would your previous manager say you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Leader Learning Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter who was very nice and moved me to the next level with the Hiring Manager. I spoke with the Hiring Manager for about 40 minutes and never heard back. The reason I rate this a negative experience is because it's unprofessional not to follow up with a status.

Interview Questions

• Questions from the Recruiter were basic. Explaining more about my current experience and what I'm looking for. The Hiring Manager interview was around specific projects I completed, why I want to work for the Fed and why leaving my current role since I've been there so long.   Answer Question

Gold Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied in November. Got offered the interview in early January, and did the interview in February. 30-minute phone interview. They asked me 4-5 behavioral questions (a time you worked in a group, a time you took on a leadership role, etc) and then left time for my questions. Very easy, very friendly.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in February 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews were conducted over the phone by two people. This was a little awkward just because they would be typing up my answers so there would be a long pause after I completed each question. The second round was done over video with three people and was much easier since you could gauge the room by seeing the people interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Most were OB (Organizational Behavior) questions. This included how you have dealt with failure, organization, leadership and communication.   1 Answer