Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Feb 7, 2017

Talent Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Hour long screening with recruiter which resulted in under two hours of interviews with the hiring manager and peer manager. The recruiter was knowledgeable and seemed to really want to get to know you rather than ask a bunch of canned questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an on site. The panel was supposed to be four people but only two showed and were late. One of them wasn't on the original list and hardly let me answer a question. I email HR about the situation and was referred to the recruiter handling the position, he didn't know about some of the panel not showing up to the interview and said he'd get back to me but didn't. They seemed to be busy people and I got the impression that it wasn't a good time to have an interview, just wish they'd let me know and rescheduled it.

Research Associate - Community Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online in early August, and received a response (via email) in mid-September to schedule a phone interview. As the interview was coming to an end, I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week or early next week, but two-and-a-half weeks went by before I was told (via email, again) that I would not be moving forward with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and qualifications for this position.   Answer Question
    • What would your previous manager say your strengths were/are?   Answer Question
    • What would your previous manager say you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Gold Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied in November. Got offered the interview in early January, and did the interview in February. 30-minute phone interview. They asked me 4-5 behavioral questions (a time you worked in a group, a time you took on a leadership role, etc) and then left time for my questions. Very easy, very friendly.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews. The first is with two current Research Associates. The second was with two of the economists. It was all over the phone. Each interview lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What method would you use to correct for selection bias?   1 Answer

Building Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was called for a phone interview by the hiring manager. Fairly straightforward, but I did not feel that the position he described had been accurately depicted in the job posting. The position being interviewed for was significantly more technical, while the position as advertised was more supervisory and administrative.

Interview Questions

• "How would you approach learning how to operate and service our particular systems?"   1 Answer

Middleware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews starting with one from the HR. The second phone interview with the hiring manager kind of made me feel that they were just going through the motion and did not have serious intentions for hiring. However, I was offered an in person interview. The hiring manager had zero people skills and asked questions in a rapid fire sequence with ZERO eye contact - almost as if looking down at me or trying to establish his high hand. After inital discussion, team members came in and interviewed. That part of the interview also went well and afterwards my interaction with them made my feel I may have the job. However, I was not sure of the manager, who I thought had a discriminatory attitude towards me. Sure enough, they asked for a second in person. I went in and the manager had someone else in the team he wanted to talk to me. This new guy was really trying to find something to kind of brush my candidacy aside. During one of the back and forth, even his peers on the panel wondered out loud, "What are you trying to ask? I think he has answered your question."
    I felt I was discriminated based on my ethnic background the hiring manager, who used one of his close associates to try to change the opinion of the team.
    After over a month, I reached out and was told that the position was on hold. HR was great to work with though.

Interview Questions

• ALl questions were tailored to my middleware/infrastructure experience   Answer Question

Business/Financial Analyst Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a week later for a 30 min phone interview. A week later a face to face panel interview was scheduled. I am still in the interview process, but I was told that there was a third interview required if they chose to move forward. The interview questions were nothing out of the ordinary.

Gold Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I only had one phone interview, consisting of all behavioral questions. The interviewers were both friendly, and they did their best to make me feel at ease. They said they would get back to me within a few weeks letting me know if I made it; however, I did not hear back for a few months. At first, I did not receive an offer, but then a spot opened up and I was offered a

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge.
      How do you manage your schedule?
      Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to a phone interview a few weeks after the deadline. The interview was straight forward and the interviewer made it more of a conversation as opposed to question after question. There were two people on the other end, the interviewer and I believe the other was listening and taking notes.