Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.9

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Long and arduous. ultimately lost the job to someone who had a relationship with an individual working at the organization. There's no winning when nepotism is involved, especially when it's the government.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where you failed?   1 Answer

Senior IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I wish I could leave a positive response about the FRB interview process but for an organization of its stature, it leaves a lot to be desired. I've applied to 4 different jobs and received responses back from 4 recruiters. That's the good part. The bad part is that this is where my journey ended for all 4 jobs. I literally can't get past the recruiter to speak to a hiring manager or someone who knows more about the position. No email response. No call backs. It was like I never inquired at FRB. Every recruiter I spoke to did not have an idea of what the hiring manager required for the job but apparently I hadn't been rated high enough to even warrant an email or call back stating that the position had been filled or not filled or that they weren't interested in me. I was encouraged that all the jobs I applied for were jobs that I was qualified and that the recruiters called me within days of my application but their follow-thru has been horrible to say the least. I am highly disappointed in the application process at FRB. I was really looking forward to working there instead of a tech company.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't interviewed. I received a phone screen to determine if I was a real person who can speak to his resume. There wasn't any trick questions in the 30 minute phone screen.   Answer Question

Talent Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Hour long screening with recruiter which resulted in under two hours of interviews with the hiring manager and peer manager. The recruiter was knowledgeable and seemed to really want to get to know you rather than ask a bunch of canned questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Online application, followed by a 40 minute phone interview. The process takes some time as there are many applications. A timeline is posted on their website and the stay pretty much on schedule.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you were faced with multiple project deadlines, and describe how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an on site. The panel was supposed to be four people but only two showed and were late. One of them wasn't on the original list and hardly let me answer a question. I email HR about the situation and was referred to the recruiter handling the position, he didn't know about some of the panel not showing up to the interview and said he'd get back to me but didn't. They seemed to be busy people and I got the impression that it wasn't a good time to have an interview, just wish they'd let me know and rescheduled it.

Research Associate - Community Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online in early August, and received a response (via email) in mid-September to schedule a phone interview. As the interview was coming to an end, I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week or early next week, but two-and-a-half weeks went by before I was told (via email, again) that I would not be moving forward with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and qualifications for this position.   Answer Question
    • What would your previous manager say your strengths were/are?   Answer Question
    • What would your previous manager say you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Gold Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied in November. Got offered the interview in early January, and did the interview in February. 30-minute phone interview. They asked me 4-5 behavioral questions (a time you worked in a group, a time you took on a leadership role, etc) and then left time for my questions. Very easy, very friendly.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews. The first is with two current Research Associates. The second was with two of the economists. It was all over the phone. Each interview lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What method would you use to correct for selection bias?   1 Answer

Building Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was called for a phone interview by the hiring manager. Fairly straightforward, but I did not feel that the position he described had been accurately depicted in the job posting. The position being interviewed for was significantly more technical, while the position as advertised was more supervisory and administrative.

Interview Questions

• "How would you approach learning how to operate and service our particular systems?"   1 Answer

Middleware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews starting with one from the HR. The second phone interview with the hiring manager kind of made me feel that they were just going through the motion and did not have serious intentions for hiring. However, I was offered an in person interview. The hiring manager had zero people skills and asked questions in a rapid fire sequence with ZERO eye contact - almost as if looking down at me or trying to establish his high hand. After inital discussion, team members came in and interviewed. That part of the interview also went well and afterwards my interaction with them made my feel I may have the job. However, I was not sure of the manager, who I thought had a discriminatory attitude towards me. Sure enough, they asked for a second in person. I went in and the manager had someone else in the team he wanted to talk to me. This new guy was really trying to find something to kind of brush my candidacy aside. During one of the back and forth, even his peers on the panel wondered out loud, "What are you trying to ask? I think he has answered your question."
    I felt I was discriminated based on my ethnic background the hiring manager, who used one of his close associates to try to change the opinion of the team.
    After over a month, I reached out and was told that the position was on hold. HR was great to work with though.

Interview Questions

• ALl questions were tailored to my middleware/infrastructure experience   Answer Question