Federal Reserve Board Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Reserve Board Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied via email online. Submitted a resume, cover letter, transcript, and application. Got an offer to interview 2-3 weeks after I submitted my application

It was a day long of interviews. I had two panel interviews each with 2 economists representing the various research divisions. The interview was very laid back and conversational - not stressful

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nonnegotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Federal Reserve Board

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

resume screening, invited for in-person interview
    HR reviews benefits and non-negotiable salary with you
    two groups of 2 economists from different economic research divisions
    asked about resume, work experience with statistical software, teamwork ability
    met with 2 RAs for lunch - good place to ask honest questions
    about 4 hours for the entire interview day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

give you one week to decide offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very relaxed. They asked questions regarding my background, research experience, and programming skills. The interviewers were a group of economists who worked in each division. Very conversational and low stress.

Interview Questions

• Explain what your research was about? Why did you do the things you did? Your results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview request a few month later (Applied in January and got the interview request in early April).

The best way I can describe the interview process is division speed dating. You get a half hour with each division interested in you (I had 6, which I believe is the max). The interviewer are all very friendly and the interview is low stress. Mainly just telling you about what you are doing and then learning a little bit about you beyond the resume. A lot of questions on my research and previous internship experience. Not really any difficult technical questions. Some divisions will afterwards bring in a current RA to talk with you for a couple of minuets about there work and any questions you have.

Half way though the day there is a lunch with two current RAs which was a good opportunity to determine if the Board was a culture fit for me.

Also, the HR guy is super helpful and can do a very quick turnaround if you have outstanding offers.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board in March 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed process, 20 minutes with two economists and 10 minutes with RAs from each section. They try to sell their section to you just as much as you sell yourself to them.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board in October 2014.

Interview

Really easy and comfortable interview process. First you meet with a HR representative then they will discuss the benefits and schedule for the day. Then you meet with each of the research groups that want to interview you. They will tell you about what they do and then ask about your previous research or class experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me more about the results you got from this research project? (aka just know what you have previously worked on and be able to explain it)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied in the January deadline, contacted in mid-March for an interview.

Full day of interviews with five different sections and meeting with HR to discuss benefits and salary. Be prepared to ask questions about their research and be questioned about your research experiences and how you came to apply to the Federal Reserve Board. The interview is less an "interview" and more a conversation.

Make sure to tell them if you have any offers outstanding, because in many cases, they can do a very quick turnaround.

Interview Questions

• Some general questions on areas that I claimed expertise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board.

Interview

I submitted my resume via the Board's website. Resume and recommendations are really important for landing an interview. I was asked to interview with 5 sections. Was asked standard questions about my resume (with a focus on research-related work and programming experience), monetary policy, and what I knew about the sections I was interviewing with.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online in late September during the fall RA hiring season. Heard back in late October about coming to D.C. to interview. In the fall hiring season, they don't hire for sections, so instead you have two interviews, each with two economists at the board. They asked simple questions about things on my resume and coursework. I also had lunch with current RAs. I heard back 2 days after interviewing about an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board in October 2013.

Interview

Filled out the application in early October. Heard back in late October about an in-person interview in Washington DC. The interview was 3 45-minute sessions with two economists each.

Interview Questions

• They asked very poignant and challenging questions about my research.   1 Answer

Other options