Federal Reserve Board Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.4

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Law Enforcement Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Panel interview - Relax and describe yourself and your leadership accomplishments. Military/ Law Enforcement experience a plus. Recent graduates - This is a great job as a stepping stone for a law enforcement career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself - Describe what you bring to the organization; nothing eccentric; keep it professional.   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was sent an email regarding an auditor opportunity that matched my profile asking to do a phone interview the next week. A couple hours after the interview, I was invited to come down the next week to DC for an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a 3 person panel interview. The entire process was quick. Took about two weeks.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied via email online. Submitted a resume, cover letter, transcript, and application. Got an offer to interview 2-3 weeks after I submitted my application

It was a day long of interviews. I had two panel interviews each with 2 economists representing the various research divisions. The interview was very laid back and conversational - not stressful

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nonnegotiable

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

1 phone interview with a recruiter. 1 phone interview with the hiring manager. 2 onsite interviews. 1 with the hiring manager and the other interview was with a peer/senior financial analyst. There was also a tour and a meeting with the recruiter on the benefits offered by the Fed. Wrap up meeting with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your work. Give me an example during a stressful period.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

You'll receive a notification from the HR Rep. After speaking with them,they'll go over specifics. For the summer project internship, you'll receive short project proposals (for the sections interested in you). A few days later, you'll interview. You usually start with the HR Rep, then each section, finishing with the HR Rep at the end. Interview was over phone.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then hired 4 days later. It was very conversational. Two Fed employees spoke a little about their background, the company, and possible projects interns can be exposed to during the internship. Interview was pretty laid back and by far the easiest interview I've done. Make sure you know what they fed does and what a stress test is. Despite not being asked these questions, I still prepared myself to talk about what going on in the economy, interest rate possible hikes, stress tests, and the strength of the dollar. If you are prepared to answer these questions, you will come off as intelligent and a must hire.

Interview Questions

• 1. This job requires someone with great organizational skills, do you posses those skills? (Give a situation)

2. What field do you want to go into after graduation? (Be concise, don't seem like you don't know what you want to do after grad)

3. What did you like and did not like at your past job? (Relate it to the internship in a way and DO NOT say anything bad about your previous job!)

4. When can you start?

5. Are you okay with giving a presentation after your internship concludes? (Say something along the lines of hell yeah but don't sound too excited. Sound confident)

6. Do you have any questions for us? ( read my answers, they told me I have some really good questions so I guess it'll wok for you!)

Hope this helps a lot and send a thank you letter the day after! Include something you guys talked about in the interview, don't make it a long letter.   1 Answer

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online after meeting a campus recruiter
    Phone interview with two hiring managers a week later
    In-person interview with two hiring managers in Washington DC a few weeks after that
    Offer received 2 week after in-person interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were unqualified for a project or task   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

After applying, took two months to be called for interview. Another month to schedule interview and about 45 to hear back afterwords. Interview was a 5 person panel. Each took turns peppering unrelated questions. A one on one with the hiring manager would have been more effective in getting to know me or any candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make a decision but didn't have enough information.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Board (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

resume screening, invited for in-person interview
    HR reviews benefits and non-negotiable salary with you
    two groups of 2 economists from different economic research divisions
    asked about resume, work experience with statistical software, teamwork ability
    met with 2 RAs for lunch - good place to ask honest questions
    about 4 hours for the entire interview day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

give you one week to decide offer

Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Chaotic--HR rep on vacation, got an assistant or intern. I had to remind her of necessary steps and advocate to get the schedule I needed. Then had difficulty getting through security due to snafu on her end.

Interview Questions

• Just like the federal job process. Very focused on how my experiences would tie in to their department. Scored on each question. I'd say prep based on online application questions and with guidance on federal interview process.   Answer Question