Federal Signal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal Signal Interview Questions

1.8

Non-specific Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federal Signal (University Park, IL).

Interview

No interview. I was called in to take an aptitude test in a classroom with about 50 people or so. Basic skills test of about 5 sections. Each one is timed. Not something you study for, it is based on the way you think and logic. You are are offered the job based on how well you complete the test.

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. They ask you if you did well on the test would you like to go further with accepting the job.

Junior Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Federal Signal in November 2015.

Interview

The process took way to long it was a waste of time to have five people interview you separately. Disclose pay scale for the position or screen on the phone before you call someone in and waste three hours of their time.

Interview Questions

• They ask your current salary but will not tell you what the pay scale is for the position.   Answer Question
    • They have five people interview you and each asks the same question. Interview took 3 hours and they never called to say if you got the position or disclose salary.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federal Signal (Monee, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone screen the next day. after the screen, They set up an interview with 4 managers in the finance department. Asked very basic questions.

Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Federal Signal (University Park, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

About an hour interview with two separate individuals. Got explanation of what I would be working with, who I would be working with etc. Got a tour of the facility, both office and factory. They should me the type of systems that I would be working on and how they operated. Pretty large facility, I have to wear safety glasses with hard toe shoe covers. I have nothing else to say Glassdoor, I hope this cover the 50 word minimum.

Interview Questions

• What type of systems have you working with, do you know how to troubleshoot?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Signal (Irvine, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Company currently does not have a Software Development Manager, interviewed by QA manager and junior developer. Casual conversation with QA Manager, junior developer seemed unprepared and asked no technical questions. Only relevant questions were along the lines of 'Have you used Websphere?'
    Seems like a decent company, but there is some concern about the recent departure of the FS CEO and ongoing suit against FS regarding there ETC tags.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Federal Signal in March 2009.

Interview

Very basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic Qs. What is your interest in audit? What do you know about SOX?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted first offer. Had no experience prior to entry level hire.