Federated Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federated Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

3.3

Marketing Representative Interview

Interview

This was the typical interview setting. We met in his office, engaged in small talk, then I began answering situational questions. Some were difficult to answer, but nothing was too pressing or intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Owatonna, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, standard types of behavioral/resume questions. Application and professional ref request followed. Onsite interview contingent on passing a math/logic test. There were two tests, each ~30min. The first test was to see if you can do math in your head and understand what makes sense or not to solve a problem. So, for example, if you are finding a percentage, you should be dividing or multiplying by a 100 in the equation. Or if you have a proportional equation, you should know what the expect when a variable changes. The second test presents you with several process flowcharts with some steps left blank. You then need to deduce what the missing steps should be in the algorithm.

After the tests are passed, I was interviewed by two IT managers for around a hour each and given a quick tour of the building. These interviews were mainly focused again on behavioral questions and also some cross-examination on actually experience developing software. The only real technical question I got was "You've take a couple database course. What would you say is the most important thing about database design?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to tell someone some information. What's the most complex data you've worked with? Give me an example of a project that you completed that you are proud of.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview

The interview process was long as I was just out of college. About 10 meetings overall mainly with district manager. They have a certain mold they try to fit. Be outgoing and aggressive.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Rockford, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Went to a restaurant and interviewed over lunch. Great guy that was interviewing me, and asked some good questions about who I was and what motivates me. The first part of the interview went well, but apparently there is a second part that is online. The second part was over 250 questions that attempted to rate my personality and morals based on how important I rated different adjectives.

Interview Questions

• Which word describes you the least? Which one describes you the most? 1. Lazy 2. Unmotivated
      3. Careless
      Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview

Intense and long interview process. They know the candidate they want and will drill you down to find out if you fit that mold. Can be intimidating at first, but if you realize they know what works and are trying to find that person, its actually kind of eye opening, you realize things about yourself you may have not previously known

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can sell this product with little experience   1 Answer

Wasn't the right time to go to MN for the training

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federated Insurance in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring process with Federated Insurance is an extensive process with multiple meetings encouraged. The interviewer made a point to help to relieve nervousness and was extremely easy to talk to. Federated insurance has a top-notch training program for all new employees that takes place in Minnesota. Overall, this interview was a beneficial experience.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Very Long interview process. We are talking at least 5 interviews and two ride alongs with people who already work there before you go to a final interview with someone way at the top. They are very thorough and everything you say is analyzed. Each and every task they give you is a test.

Interview Questions

• They took me on a sales trip and we walked into a business and they had me lead the sale.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Owatonna, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

phones interview at first for about 30 minutes then you must turn in your transcripts, second interview you have to take a math and logic test. They will not let you move on if you do not pass the math and logic test

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Owatonna, MN).

Interview

I got to the headquarters and was immediately greeted by one of the HR staff. She brought me to a small room with a booklet of awkwardly laid out questions, and an awkwardly looking answer sheet. She gave me 20 minutes to solve 24 problems that are ridiculous for the position I was applying for. They were very confusing math story problems with only variables. You will read a story problem where variables are listed, and you have to select the correct math equation that shows the math.

From the HR Lady: "Most people don't finish."

After completing half of the answers, I received a new set of problems with a 35 minute time limit. It didn't seem too hard. After completing the two tests, an HR rep walked in and said I didn't pass the test, so I couldn't go onto the actual face-to-face interviews. I applied for a software developer, and didn't even get to answer a single question relevant to it.

The test should have been given prior to this "in house" interview. I would recommend making it an online process.

Interview Questions

• Example: "If speed (s) is constant and the percentage of force upon in increases at random (f) what will happen if you multiply the gravitational pull of the moon (m) by s?

That's the style. You would have to provide the formula.
      1 Answer

Internal Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance in February 2015.

Interview

Completed the phone interview which was an hour long interview done by their Vice President of Internal Audit. It was very behavioral question based and conversational towards the end when I was asking questions. Basic interview questions. Tell me about yourself and talk a little about your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why Federated Insurance? Why the Insurance Industry? Do you consider yourself more conservative or progressive?   Answer Question