Federated Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federated Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

They have a terribly long and drawn out interview process where they interview you about 6 times including including an interview of you and your spouse in your house. It's really a weird experience where they want you to swear loyalty to them. They also don't like if your spouse has a good career. They want stay at home spouses like its the 1950's. I got the job but it was a terrible experience

Interview Questions

• Will this be the last place you work?   1 Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Federated Insurance in March 2014.

Interview

I only went through the very beginning of their hiring process. Their district manager found my resume online and contacted me about the position. After the initial phone call, which was really more of an information session than an interview, he had me take a very lengthy personality test. The results came back favorable and an interview was scheduled with the district and regional managers. Again, this was somewhat informational. We discussed my background and what I was looking for. I also found out that this was essentially the first of 9 interviews they do before hiring someone. The last 3 interviews they conduct with you and your spouse, something I found quite odd. The managers I had contact with were both very personable, professional, and I could tell they genuinely cared about their employees. However, I found their hiring process to be somewhat overbearing and intrusive which highlights that they are looking for an extremely specific kind of person to go to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Requiring three interviews with the candidate and their spouse and asking to check my credit before a job offer was made.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Federated Insurance in July 2010.

Interview

Long and formal.

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Federated Insurance in November 2011.

Interview

Long.

Better offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

This is a very long interview process. They want to know your a winner and won't leave after investing 50k in you the first year. Show your confident and have a proven track record of success.

Interview Questions

• Anything and everything you can think of. What have you won? What makes you different? What adversity have you overcome?   1 Answer

Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Owatonna, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then went to Owatonna for 2 tests, 2 interviews, then 2 more interviews if you pass the tests. A difficult process, but they know who they want. Unfortunately I hadn't done any math for a while, so I didn't do well enough on the tests. It would be best to prepare yourself and brush up on your Algebra.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Federated?   1 Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview

Intense and long interview process. They know the candidate they want and will drill you down to find out if you fit that mold. Can be intimidating at first, but if you realize they know what works and are trying to find that person, its actually kind of eye opening, you realize things about yourself you may have not previously known

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can sell this product with little experience   1 Answer

Wasn't the right time to go to MN for the training

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Federated Insurance in September 2012.

Interview

Very long process, I had a total of 12 interviews counting ride alongs with two current reps. The process is long to weed out the people that wont stay persistent.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Owatonna, MN).

Interview

I got to the headquarters and was immediately greeted by one of the HR staff. She brought me to a small room with a booklet of awkwardly laid out questions, and an awkwardly looking answer sheet. She gave me 20 minutes to solve 24 problems that are ridiculous for the position I was applying for. They were very confusing math story problems with only variables. You will read a story problem where variables are listed, and you have to select the correct math equation that shows the math.

From the HR Lady: "Most people don't finish."

After completing half of the answers, I received a new set of problems with a 35 minute time limit. It didn't seem too hard. After completing the two tests, an HR rep walked in and said I didn't pass the test, so I couldn't go onto the actual face-to-face interviews. I applied for a software developer, and didn't even get to answer a single question relevant to it.

The test should have been given prior to this "in house" interview. I would recommend making it an online process.

Interview Questions

• Example: "If speed (s) is constant and the percentage of force upon in increases at random (f) what will happen if you multiply the gravitational pull of the moon (m) by s?

That's the style. You would have to provide the formula.
      1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview

Pre-testing in HR to test skill needed for position
    Interview consisted of behavioral based questions with the hiring supervisor and her manager present.