Federated Insurance Marketing Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

4.0

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

This is a very long interview process. They want to know your a winner and won't leave after investing 50k in you the first year. Show your confident and have a proven track record of success.

Interview Questions

• Anything and everything you can think of. What have you won? What makes you different? What adversity have you overcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Federated Insurance

Marketing Representative Interview

Interview

This was the typical interview setting. We met in his office, engaged in small talk, then I began answering situational questions. Some were difficult to answer, but nothing was too pressing or intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview

The interview process was long as I was just out of college. About 10 meetings overall mainly with district manager. They have a certain mold they try to fit. Be outgoing and aggressive.

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview

Intense and long interview process. They know the candidate they want and will drill you down to find out if you fit that mold. Can be intimidating at first, but if you realize they know what works and are trying to find that person, its actually kind of eye opening, you realize things about yourself you may have not previously known

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can sell this product with little experience   1 Answer

Wasn't the right time to go to MN for the training

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Very Long interview process. We are talking at least 5 interviews and two ride alongs with people who already work there before you go to a final interview with someone way at the top. They are very thorough and everything you say is analyzed. Each and every task they give you is a test.

Interview Questions

• They took me on a sales trip and we walked into a business and they had me lead the sale.   1 Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview

These people reward their employees graciously. During the interview process, they are heavy on personality expectations and testing you to get a feel for what you represent or bring to the company. They love self-driven people.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Federated Insurance (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

They have a terribly long and drawn out interview process where they interview you about 6 times including including an interview of you and your spouse in your house. It's really a weird experience where they want you to swear loyalty to them. They also don't like if your spouse has a good career. They want stay at home spouses like its the 1950's. I got the job but it was a terrible experience

Interview Questions

• Will this be the last place you work?   1 Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Federated Insurance in March 2014.

Interview

I only went through the very beginning of their hiring process. Their district manager found my resume online and contacted me about the position. After the initial phone call, which was really more of an information session than an interview, he had me take a very lengthy personality test. The results came back favorable and an interview was scheduled with the district and regional managers. Again, this was somewhat informational. We discussed my background and what I was looking for. I also found out that this was essentially the first of 9 interviews they do before hiring someone. The last 3 interviews they conduct with you and your spouse, something I found quite odd. The managers I had contact with were both very personable, professional, and I could tell they genuinely cared about their employees. However, I found their hiring process to be somewhat overbearing and intrusive which highlights that they are looking for an extremely specific kind of person to go to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Requiring three interviews with the candidate and their spouse and asking to check my credit before a job offer was made.   Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview

Very long hiring process to ensure the candidate can handle the pressures of the job. Significant others are brought to final interviews. Initial interview, ride along, dinner with immediate manager and your spouse, interview with regional manager and your spouse, interview with director and your spouse.

Interview Questions

• Reviewed college transcripts or resume and found most glaring weakness. Made individual sell manager on why they should ignore this weakness and still consider you as a candidate.   Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Federated Insurance in September 2012.

Interview

Very long process, I had a total of 12 interviews counting ride alongs with two current reps. The process is long to weed out the people that wont stay persistent.