Fedex Express Courier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fedex Express Courier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I interviewed at Fedex Express (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me pre-screen questionnaire then a few days later hiring manager called me for an interview. The interview were all behavior questions. Most questions seemed repetitive and so were my answers. But it was also my first interview after the military so I was personally rusty. Hopefully I get a call back.

Interview Questions

• 9 behavior situation/behavior questions using the STAR method   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fedex Express

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Youngstown, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

They asked about ten or so questions basically to see how you reacted to each situation. Nothing too difficult. They called me in for my first interview and in about a few days I received a call to come in and sign my acceptance letter. Had to take a drug test immediately after signing my paper. Filled out some paperwork a day later.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most stressful situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Gadsden, AL).

Interview

Asked scripted questions in a group setting. No right or wrong answers, they have certain words they looking for. Bottom line is its still someone's opinion, they either like you or they don't.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations. Are you on time for work? What would you do in this situation type questions. They try and put some pressure on you to see how you handle it.   Answer Question

Courier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

Very simple interview. Got a call from hr for standard questioning about my availability, then scheduled an interview with a manager. Basic behavioral questions and just getting to know me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fedex Express (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, HR got in contact with me two weeks after set up an interview. Went to the office and they thought I was another person 5 min into the interview the hiring manager realized and then we went to the "correct" interview spot. Still two months later though and no job.. I wonder when they'll decided to call me back.

Interview Questions

• Series of what would you do in this situation/give me a time when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Tallahassee, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard scenario questions. What happened, what did you do, and what was the outcome. I breezed through my interview by simply telling detailed stories. There was a total of seven questions. I had to operations managers sitting in on my interview. They each wrote down my response and scored it on a scale from one to five.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a project/assignment that had a deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview is based upon a series of "situational" questions (e.g. Give an example <something> happened and you did <something> to overcome it) etc. The interviewer summarizes your responses on a notepad. The interview is fairly brief and to-the-point. There were no curveball or unexpected questions. The whole interview from start to finish probably took less than 30 minutes, depending on how quickly you answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one example you can give of you handling stress well? How did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It was a cattle call, I spent about 2 or 3 hours with another 12 to 15 people first taking a written test. From what I can recall the test was about at a high school senior level. The three (out of 4 or 5) sections of the test I can remember were:
    - Categorizing 5-digit numbers (just like zip codes), numbers 10000 to 20000 are category A,
    numbers 20001 to 20300 are category B, etc. you then turn to a page of about 300 numbers, and you have to fill in the bubble 'A', 'B', or 'C'
    - A map reading test; on a simplified map with made up business and locations, you had to answer questions like, "if you are going from ABC Co. to XYZ Co., what streets would you cross?"
    - A memory test; the proctor played an audio tape ONCE that would give you instructions: "take truck 123 and go to ABC Co. ask for john doe and pick up X boxes," and then you would answer the questions in the exam booklet. The questions would consist of, or "how many boxes were you required to pick up?" or, "what was the contact's name?"

After the tests are collected, you wait in the same room until you are called to have a one on one interview. Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions, "tell me about a time that..." and questions about your resume.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions, "tell me about a time that..." and questions about your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiating is difficult for just a courier position.

Courier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

Phone interview wasnt really an interview but a summation of expectations which you said yes or no to the conditions. Ex: are you willing to work in all weather condition. Then I was set up with an in person interview of 2 managers. They asked the standard interview questions. Ex: give us an example of a goal you achieved, how you set it up, what you did to get there and the results.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised there were no questions about "why do you want to work here" or why should we hire you, or where do you see yourself in five years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All couriers start at the same rate. No salary negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Apply on-line and then a recruiter will call and set up an interview.

You will be asked 8 behavioral questions where they will be looking for strong answers from your past experience that relates to the courier job.

You will be given a conditional offer based upon passing drug and crim check.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to make a decision in the absence of your immediate supervisor.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation