Fedex Express Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sharon Hill, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Sharon Hill, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very in depth, mostly situational questions, giving the interviewer a chance to give examples of how they handle different situations. If you do not have a example, discuss how you would handle it.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself as a leader?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fedex Express

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Submit a packet and hope you get an interview. Once you finally land an interview all you have to do is follow the STAR method when answering the questions and you are golden. Be specific in your answers and make sure you choose an experience that best answers the question.

Interview Questions

• Panel style interview can be intimidating. Make sure you practice giving a 5 minute presentation as you will have to do this before they get into the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Sarasota, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I do not believe this is a part that I can be candidte with you about. This process has also changed dramatically over the years. I may not be able to give you an accurate depection on what the process is for it has changed and continues to change.   Answer Question

Negotiation

typical

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

FedEx Express does not hire externally for Operations Manager positions unless they have exhausted internal postings over a long period of time. However if you are an internal candidate you go through a management mentorship and then you can bid on Manager positions.

Interview Questions

• I did not think the questions were very difficult. Interviews are panel interviews with behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is NO negotiation other than relocation. Its a straight forward salary range.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express in September 2011.

Interview

Initial interview for Operations Manager since I had already been employed for several years. Generally FedEx Express will post current opening with in company before going external. Once an employee completes the management training (6 months) they are able to submit a packet for an interview. All interviews for manager will have at least 2 Sr. Managers and 1 HR Representative. All interviews are situation examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your created a process and it failed. How did you handle this failure?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a relocation package.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Newark, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Panel interview by two members of senior management and one human resources rep. Five to ten min presentation on business related topic, ten to twelve experience, situational and hypothetical related questions which were asked by each member of the panel.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle this type of situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Nashville, TN) in January 2008.

Interview

I was already working for this company and applied on an internal posting. The pay for managers isn't very good unless you are hired off the street because they will start you out at 50% of range instead of 0% as they do with internal candidates. The size and hours of operation of the location can have a big influence on the amount of hours you have to work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict between two employees and how did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)).

Interview

Interview with situational questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Letter sent to me with the job offer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fedex Express in March 2010.

Interview

Prepare internal resume packet

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an enmployee who refuses to follow a directive?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary is set.