Fedex Express Package Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fedex Express Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2016

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Perrysburg, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Their interview is like 2 questions. basically if you show up, and you pass the background check, you're in. They will show you a list of shifts with the days each shift works, starting times, and hourly wage. They will ask you which shift works for you. Please be aware: they will tell you the hours can fluctuate a little, what they really mean is your starting time can easily swing 4-5 hours. For example day shift will say approximately 12:30 pm start time. actually only one day a week will you start around this time. the rest will vary day to day but is anywhere from 2:30 to 4pm. Expect to work until 8-9pm at least. it's really not day shift but they don't tell you that until you are in training. Also be aware if you are hiring for christmas, there are extra days on the weekend that are required, even if you take a monday through friday shift. Again this will not be disclosed until you are already in training. several people in the training class had quit their last job for this one, only to find out during training that the schedule might not fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disagreement with another co-worker.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fedex Express

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Turnover is so high due to extremely poor management that they will take anyone now. You fill out the application, do the drug test and after a week long "training" you start work.

Interview Questions

• I honestly was not asked any questions, their turnover is so high they don't care who they hire anymore. They just want warm bodies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Newark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

There was no formal interview just a drug test and background check. You walk in with other people that applied. You do paperwork and finger prints. Then they send you to a building to do your drug test. If you pass everything, you got the job and should get a call back.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Oakland, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I was interviewed over the phone and the same day I went in and sign some papers .I'm waiting on there call for my drug test results

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work 10 pm to 4am   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Lake Worth, FL).

Interview

I was hired right off the street by two of the four managers at the time. They were really looking for if I was willing to work, to be on time and there if the needed me. I was first hired as a causal which meant I could only work about 10 hours and had no benefits whatsoever.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Went to recruitment event that was held at the LAX HUB location in El Segundo. Asked basic questions about personality, work history and what are you looking for. Asked if you were open to all hours.

Interview Questions

• do you have a problem working in the rain   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy phone interview. They explained the full process. The walk through of facility was informative and they sent you straight to the drug screen after your paper work was complete. It takes about 3 days to get the results of the drug screen. If you don't pass it, the doctor will call you. If you pass it, you will then get an email followed by a phone call with your start date. That usually takes about a week after you have taken and passed the drug screen. They also are waiting for your background check.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to lift up to 70lbs with assistance? Because no one works alone in this job.
      Do you have a reliable means of transportation such as a car because the bus isn't always reliable.
      Are you willing and ok with taking a drug screen and back ground check?
      Are you comfortable with working in a fast paced environment?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Newark, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

once you get passed the application and they decide to call you in your basically hired all you have to do is answer a few questions and pass the drug test

Interview Questions

• cand u lift more then 75 lbs ? Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

Emailed for an interview. I went in got an offer letter that I signed and then was told when to give fingerprints then take a drug test then I was called back a week later to fill out more papers two weeks later I was called and given the dates for my paid training. After the training I started work that Saturday.

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

Long wait time between initial application and first "group" interview, which was full of lies. Jump seating was discontinued after 9/11 but they still told us we could do that (2010). Second interview wasn't too bad. Had two managers interviewing.

Interview Questions

• They just ask about previous experiences. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation