Fedex Express Swing Courier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fedex Express Swing Courier Interview Questions

2.5

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Swing Courier Interview

Application

I interviewed at Fedex Express in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple and straight forward - can you lift, handle all types of weather and stress, how do you handle difficult situations, and give examples for each. Think it was a total of 9 questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked if could lift 75 lbs and move up to 150. If can tolerate weather, stress, and fadt pace.   Answer Question

Pay cut from leaving current job and loss of flexibility

Other Interview Reviews for Fedex Express

Swing Courier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express in December 2013.

Interview

A few days after applying on glass door a recruiter located in Atlanta, GA called me to discuss the position with me. She setup a secondary phone interview with an HR recruiter located in Memphis, TN who called me in the next couple of days. They then sent me to a local clinic to take a drug test and have a DOT health screening. And finally I had an in person interview with both the office and district managers who hired me right there. The following weekend I did a few simple multiple question tests on a computer and took a short safety driving course in one of the FedEx delivery trucks. I then started my first day of work on the following weekday.

Interview Questions

• Tel us about a time when you had to be assertive and make a difficult decision on a previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Sacramento, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was fast asked about previous experience

Swing Courier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fedex Express in March 2009.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is not an easy one, be prepared for unexpected questions, do yourself a favor and look up the company before interviewing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was hourly based.

Swing Courier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

My transition into a full-time Swing Courier position happened through the company's hourly-employee CareerOps intranet system. When this happens, a job posts into a database that is updated weekly, hourly employees view the vacancies and bid on them. Whoever has the highest points in the system (based upon seniority, time in grade, etc.) gets the job offer. I was actually a part-time box handler at an airport before I made my first successful bid into a courier role.

Interview Questions

• Just remember STAR interview methods. The manager will ask you a question about how you handled a situation. You respond by describing the Situation (S), what your Task (T) was, the Action (A) you took, and finally the Result (R) of your action. Managers want SPECIFIC situations of when you overcame an obstacle or executed professional judgement, not just a vague response as to how you generally react to all situations.   Answer Question