Feed My Starving Children Volunteer Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Feed My Starving Children Volunteer Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Feed My Starving Children

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Feed My Starving Children (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process involved a phone screening interview and an in-person interview. This job claims to not hire based on faith, but it is clear they are looking for a specific kind of Protestant Evangelical for the job. Extremely biased and not an equal opportunity hiring company. I'm not sure if this is even legal. I'm actually glad they didn't hire me, because I wasn't a "culture fit". I wouldn't want to fit their highly biased, white American Evangelical mold. Hypocrites.

Interview Questions

• How would you answer theological questions about Christianity?   1 Answer

Feed My Starving Children Response

Jan 21, 2019

Thank you for the feedback. I am sincerely sorry for the miscommunication. FMSC does not make hiring decisions based on denomination or the strength of someone’s faith, nor their race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, etc. and we are sorry that you felt that was the case. We have a diverse group of employees, and embrace diversity within our organization. I would be happy to provide additional clarification about the hiring decision. You can reach me at (763) 951-7311.

I believe the interview question to which you are referring is, “As a Christian organization we do a lot of events with churches of many denominations. What would you do if a volunteer pulled you into a theological conversation focused on their specific doctrine?” The intent of this question is to determine a candidate’s ability to navigate difficult questions that may be raised as they interact with volunteers, and not engage in a theological debate. FMSC is a Christian non-profit organization, but we have chosen not to take a stance on denominational theology. Additionally, we’re inclusive of people of all religions (or no religion) who pack, fund, distribute or receive our food. We encourage people of all beliefs to help us accomplish our mission. Feeding God’s kids is our sole mission and we train our staff to keep that front of mind at all times.
Jeanie Picardi