Feedzai Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Feedzai Interview Questions

Interviews at Feedzai

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Feedzai (San Mateo, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Video chat and then onsite interview. They were friendly in all the interviews and laid out the role of the job well. But as a company it seems they are not sure of what they want to do. Said they were ready to accept a hire, then changed their mind.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience, working with analytics, and SQL.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Feedzai (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter approached me for a position as an Automation Engineer for Feedzai. I am still not sure if the position was in CA, NYC, or ATL.

I never spoke to a human being, during this process. I was told by my recruiter 2 days before Christmas that I would be sent a HackerRank test. I would have 7 days to complete the test - otherwise I would be disqualified. I mentioned that not only had I not received the test, but I would not be able to complete it over the Christmas break. I would be out of town with family.

Almost 2 weeks later I was finally sent a link to the test by the Bay Area Feedzai HR guy. The email invitation mentioned "You have up to 7 days from when you received this invite to provide your results. If you fail to do so, you will be disqualifed."

This obviously made me think that I could open the test (which I did), look at the questions, think about the answers, and code up an elegant solution. However once I opened the test, a 90 minute timer started. In looking back at the invite, as a postscript under the signature file were the words "The duration of the challenge will be 90 mins from the time you start.".

Needless to say I didn't complete the test. I soon received an email from the afore-mentioned Bay Area Feedzai HR guy regretting to inform me that Feedzai had "decided not to progress further with your application".

Actually a great relief since I personally would not be a good fit for any company that did not take the time to reach out personally to me and explain the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• There were a total of 5 or 6 HackerRank questions. Java only.   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Feedzai.

Interview

4-5 rounds of interview starting with phone calls. It was fast but beware they will promise a lot and will not keep their words. Looks like they want to hire you for short term only. They never mentioned that its 100% travel. They say that they will send you to client's site for training but in actual that is where you'll work everyday.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Feedzai (San Mateo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Phone screen with a recruiter
    2. Complete take home exercise including reports I would create for mgt
    3. Onsite interview with their two very nice recruiters plus hiring manager- SVP of Operations

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked me to rate my Excel skills from 1-5 when we were discussing her main need for the recruiter to create a lot of reports for Mgt plus dashboards for the CEO. I think they need a data analyst plus a tech recruiter...   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Feedzai (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter responded to job application. Set up hackerrank sysadmin test. It was more focused on OS and networking concepts. Next round was video interview from folks outside of USA. The interviewers were not cool and focused more on what they knew. Interviwer was hole responsible for the whole datacenter. Politely made them understand that not everyone will know everything by asking some questions from the areas the interviewer was working.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Feedzai in January 2017.

Interview

First round is an online test, it will test on ML basic questions.
    Second, an HR round interview. He will tell you that we are gonna to pay you much less than every other company and require you to work 12 hours per day without weekend. Also, you need to relocate every 12 months.
    Third, a take-home challenge and a 1.5-hour presentation. All the questions they asked are about how the data looks like. Not a single question about Machine Learning or statistics. Very unprofessional.
    Finally, they told you that they want to hire someone with at least one year's experience. HaHa!! my first data scientist entry job's salary is 20% higher than what they provided. I highly doubt they can hire qualified people.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Just focus on how to subsampling the data and how to do feature engineering.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Feedzai (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

1) A brief phone screening, very general questions about what you have done before.
    2) A more technical phone interview . Some more detailed question about data science and machine learning techniques.
    3) Kaggle challenge. You would participate in a kaggle challenge and present your project in a ppt format

Interview Questions

• Q: explain the kaggle challenge dataset, what did you see in data, what features did you use and why?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Feedzai in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter contacted me one week later. The recruiter called me and asked if I can start working in two weeks. Since I can not make it, there is no more question.

Interview Questions

Feedzai Response

Jan 29, 2016 – Technical Recruiter

Thank you for your review. Our interview process is typically 2-3 weeks long. We give priority to candidates that can start 2 weeks after an offer acceptance. If a candidate is unable to meet this... More

Risk Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Feedzai (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through Linked In and got a call from recruiter. I was an out of station candidate, After the recruiter interview, I was asked to appear for Video interview. After the first video interview they asked me for another vide interview. After two rounds of video interview, I was asked to complete a PRD exercise. This exercise was big and it took me a week (around 20 hours) to complete. It was a professional level exercise, which meant I need to create mockups, flow diagram etc. They liked my assignment but then again wanted to do a video interview (3rd video). After this they invited me for a 4th video interview. After that they wanted me to come to onsite at my own cost. I travelled at my cost since I wanted to move to Silicon Valley. After the onsite interview, they again conducted my video interview (5th video interview). I didn't hear from them (this all took around 2 months). When I reached out to them about the feedback they wanted me to do another video interview. I appeared for 6th video interview. After 1 week of my last video interview recruiter told me that they were looking for someone more experience in Fraud Area.

This was a terrible experience interviewing with this company. They were aware of my background from very beginning but after total of 1 jumbo PRD exercise and 7 interview (6 video + 1 F2F) interview they said no. I am angry because they asked me to complete PRD exercise before they conducted so many other video interviews (very subjective questions) and wasted my time.

Beware of this company. They will ask you to complete PRD exercise in the very beginning stage and then will conduct various behavior based video/ f2f interview and waste your time.

Do the PRD exercise only if that is the deciding factor at the end of F2F interview. Behavioral questions asked during video/ F2F after the PRD exercise can be very subjective and they may decide not to make an offer based on that, hence I advise you to take PRD exercise only as very last step.

They may use your PRD for their own work later on. Such a scam hiring process.

Staff Accountant & Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Feedzai (San Mateo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was done over the phone with their Hiring Manager. The following two interviews I did online via webcam since I was not a local candidate. Their interview process is extremely user friendly and prepared. Every single person I spoke to made me feel at ease but still very professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question