Ferguson Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Las Cruces, NM) in December 2017.

Interview

Showed interest in the company got a phone interview and didn't ever hear back from them. Not even a courtesy email saying they were going to proceed with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Ferguson?   1 Answer

Credit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

The first day is comprised of a warehouse tour, a showroom tour, and a networking dinner. The next day is three back-to-back 30 minute interviews, which are casual. I was told that I would hear back either way (e-mail if no, phone call if yes) in two weeks, but never heard from anyone. Very unprofessional and discouraging.

Interview Questions

• Would you be wiling to relocate to *insert middle of no where city here*?
      Explain a time when you had good and bad customer service.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Interview

It all began with a call HR following up with my application. Although a hiring decision had been made, she said the CFO would still like to have a call in case future roles arise. I had he call with the CFO, and feedback was great. A few weeks later a role opened up so I asked if I could be considered. HR said they would forward my information on to someone I believed to be an HR director but ended up being a Finance Director and the hiring manager, but the title didn’t give it away. I was invited for an on-site visit, which I’m told usually means you’ll get the job if all goes well. And the meetings did all go well, outside of a very strange discussion with an operations VP. The conversation was a Q&A session, but there were challenges to why I had certain titles for previous roles and whether that was really my title, and the feeling overall was that he was being told he needed a finance partner vs him wanting one. Since the meeting didn’t go well. Weeks went by and I was continuously following up to see if I got the job, and was asked to do another phone interview. All in all it was a very long process and I was not offered a position. But here’s the good news. The company is a great one. The leaders listen and are people who would be great mentors. I wish I had gotten the job, but my meeting with that VP was likely the reason that I wasn’t selected, as the role was to support him. It was a long drawn out process covering nearly 6 months, and you have to keep following up to get answers, but overall the company seems like a top tier place to build a career. If they had offered me a job, even if it was a drop in Comp or title, I’d have taken it for the longevity and roll up sleeves environment the company would offer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

As with most interviews at Ferguson, this one consisted of at least 4 separate interviews after the initial screening. Some are with the people you will work for, some with people you will work with, and others with various interested parties.

Sales Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

Well the hiring process seemed to be going pretty quick at the beginning but you will probably get old by the time you hear back from the HR. I was first contacted by Ferguson recruiter 3-4 days after I applied on their online portal. Then, I sent a pre-recorded video and got a request to set a date for phone interview the next day. I had a phone interview on the following week and that was in mid Jan. At this point, mind as well forget about even applying at this company. So, beside the lengthy weary process, all the interview questions were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you?
      What do you know about Ferguson?
      Tell me about the time you handled stress?   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McFarland, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (McFarland, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

The branch manager interviewed me. It seemed like they had high turnover and current employees were overworked. When I asked why the current/previous manager had left, she said that he had worked there for 5 years and recently decided he wanted less responsibility so was now the warehouse supervisor instead of manager. When I told her that i had kids and was a family man, she seemed discouraged. All in all, I didn't get the job, I was very qualified, but my impression was that they were just looking for someone that they could overwork and underpay. Had I been offered the job, I wouldn't have taken it. So glad I read so many reviews on glassdoor prior to my interview, as this seems to be the norm across the board with warehouse workers for this company.

Interview Questions

• If you got this job, would you need to be the one that drops your kids off at school in the morning? (totally irrevelent and illegal question to ask during an interview process, btw)   2 Answers

Finance Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Completed a standard phone screening then went into their headquarters for an in-person interview. The interview process was six separate sit downs, the last being with the current finance trainees. The interviews themselves were pretty generic and relaxed, more of a conversational interview than an interrogation.
    The hiring process took almost a month because someone left for vacation in the middle of it and they couldn't do interviews. When I do get a call back about the job, the recruiter cited "inexplicable laughter" during interviews and that I "belched and didn't excuse myself" as some reasons for going with other candidates. Both of these are completely false and simply ridiculous. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time you were asked to come up with a new idea/build something from scratch?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very friendly recruiters/hiring managers that truly make you want to work for Ferguson. Although I was not offered a job, I would encourage young people preparing to graduate from college to apply.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any long term goals involving working at Ferguson?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in February 2017.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and emailed them. Did a video interview where you answer pre-selected questions and video tape your responses. After I passed that round we had a phone interview where they asked a couple of questions and answered any you might have. The phone call lasted roughly 30 minutes.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Loveland, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Just asked about me and told me about the job. They forgot to have me fill out an ap and called and asked me if they could email it to me.