Ferguson Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ferguson Enterprises Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.8

Sales Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

Well the hiring process seemed to be going pretty quick at the beginning but you will probably get old by the time you hear back from the HR. I was first contacted by Ferguson recruiter 3-4 days after I applied on their online portal. Then, I sent a pre-recorded video and got a request to set a date for phone interview the next day. I had a phone interview on the following week and that was in mid Jan. At this point, mind as well forget about even applying at this company. So, beside the lengthy weary process, all the interview questions were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you?
      What do you know about Ferguson?
      Tell me about the time you handled stress?
      Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McFarland, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (McFarland, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

The branch manager interviewed me. It seemed like they had high turnover and current employees were overworked. When I asked why the current/previous manager had left, she said that he had worked there for 5 years and recently decided he wanted less responsibility so was now the warehouse supervisor instead of manager. When I told her that i had kids and was a family man, she seemed discouraged. All in all, I didn't get the job, I was very qualified, but my impression was that they were just looking for someone that they could overwork and underpay. Had I been offered the job, I wouldn't have taken it. So glad I read so many reviews on glassdoor prior to my interview, as this seems to be the norm across the board with warehouse workers for this company.

Interview Questions

• If you got this job, would you need to be the one that drops your kids off at school in the morning? (totally irrevelent and illegal question to ask during an interview process, btw)   2 Answers

Finance Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Completed a standard phone screening then went into their headquarters for an in-person interview. The interview process was six separate sit downs, the last being with the current finance trainees. The interviews themselves were pretty generic and relaxed, more of a conversational interview than an interrogation.
    The hiring process took almost a month because someone left for vacation in the middle of it and they couldn't do interviews. When I do get a call back about the job, the recruiter cited "inexplicable laughter" during interviews and that I "belched and didn't excuse myself" as some reasons for going with other candidates. Both of these are completely false and simply ridiculous. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time you were asked to come up with a new idea/build something from scratch?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very friendly recruiters/hiring managers that truly make you want to work for Ferguson. Although I was not offered a job, I would encourage young people preparing to graduate from college to apply.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any long term goals involving working at Ferguson?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in February 2017.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and emailed them. Did a video interview where you answer pre-selected questions and video tape your responses. After I passed that round we had a phone interview where they asked a couple of questions and answered any you might have. The phone call lasted roughly 30 minutes.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Loveland, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Just asked about me and told me about the job. They forgot to have me fill out an ap and called and asked me if they could email it to me.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Process took 4+ weeks. 3 rounds of interviews: video recording, phone, in person. One of the better interview processes I have gone through. Every step of the way was handled greatly by Ferguson and they truly care about your experience. They allow candidates multiples areas to pursue within the Sales position and bring in many associates to further give the candidate more insight into the company. Currently waiting for a decision.

Interview Questions

• Customer service related questions
      basic behavioral(they really want to see if you fit in their culture)
      Be yourself but also prove yourself to be a great fit. They want go getters.
      Answer Question

Picker/Puller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Henderson, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy, friendly people great environment. You come in they ask a few questions about you and what spiked your interest within the company. If they like what they're hearing they give you a tour go over some of the job functions and duties.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get out of this job?   1 Answer

Sales/Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process with Ferguson consists of a brief video interview to start. It will be a couple questions where you reply to prompts on a webcam and some that you respond with typing. After that, you will have a 20-25 minute phone interview. Then, you will be summoned for a final interview.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how competitive are you?   1 Answer

Quotations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Lakewood, NJ).

Interview

Three one hour interviews. Back to back. Three other applicants interviewing at same time on a rotating basis. Being a competitive person, I liked being able to see who else was applying for the job. All three managers who interviewed me were incredibly friendly and asked excellent questions. They really seemed to enjoy their company AND position which made me want to work there even more.