Ferguson Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.7

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied through a campus recruiting. I received a call within the day to complete a video interview. The interview had 9 questions and you were allowed to re record your answers if needed. After completed, I had a phone interview with the recruiter and I was invited to the final interview in Houston, TX. The final interview was 2 days. The first day we toured the facility and had dinner with executives and current employees of each department. The second day had three back to back interviews. Very unique and awesome interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer, why do you want to work at Ferguson, How competitive are you on a scale of 1 to 10. The rest of the questions were typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

A 3-step process. 1. Video recorded interview that you could re-take multiple times. 2. Phone interview with a recruiter 3. Paid for your transportation either flight or drive to a location for a 2-day final recruiting event.
    Incredible interview process. The entire experience shows the Ferguson values and their family-like culture. You are truly appreciated as a candidate and they try to accommodate you best as possible. They look for my conversational type skills because it's a sales role and to see how well you fit in. They ask the typical situational/behavioral questions.

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

3 Interviews. 1 - Online Video 2 - Phone Interview 3 - Fly out. The first one asks basic interview questions. The second one is where you get into a few tougher questions as to why you should get another interview. The final one is 3 interviewers, but it is supposed to help figure out if your personality really works with the company and where you might work best if offered a job.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in April 2017.

Interview

First I received a phone call asking for a good time to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well. They took awhile to get back to me, but then I received an email to set up a video interview. The video interview was very casual and the interviewer made jokes and smiled a lot. Two weeks later he called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to gain from this internship?   1 Answer

Sales Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

Well the hiring process seemed to be going pretty quick at the beginning but you will probably get old by the time you hear back from the HR. I was first contacted by Ferguson recruiter 3-4 days after I applied on their online portal. Then, I sent a pre-recorded video and got a request to set a date for phone interview the next day. I had a phone interview on the following week and that was in mid Jan. At this point, mind as well forget about even applying at this company. So, beside the lengthy weary process, all the interview questions were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you?
      What do you know about Ferguson?
      Tell me about the time you handled stress?
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by six people, each interviewee was allocated a 30 minute time slot. The interview was conducted over a video call. All the people I was interviewed by were friendly and polite people.

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McFarland, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (McFarland, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

The branch manager interviewed me. It seemed like they had high turnover and current employees were overworked. When I asked why the current/previous manager had left, she said that he had worked there for 5 years and recently decided he wanted less responsibility so was now the warehouse supervisor instead of manager. When I told her that i had kids and was a family man, she seemed discouraged. All in all, I didn't get the job, I was very qualified, but my impression was that they were just looking for someone that they could overwork and underpay. Had I been offered the job, I wouldn't have taken it. So glad I read so many reviews on glassdoor prior to my interview, as this seems to be the norm across the board with warehouse workers for this company.

Interview Questions

• If you got this job, would you need to be the one that drops your kids off at school in the morning? (totally irrevelent and illegal question to ask during an interview process, btw)   2 Answers

Finance Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Completed a standard phone screening then went into their headquarters for an in-person interview. The interview process was six separate sit downs, the last being with the current finance trainees. The interviews themselves were pretty generic and relaxed, more of a conversational interview than an interrogation.
    The hiring process took almost a month because someone left for vacation in the middle of it and they couldn't do interviews. When I do get a call back about the job, the recruiter cited "inexplicable laughter" during interviews and that I "belched and didn't excuse myself" as some reasons for going with other candidates. Both of these are completely false and simply ridiculous. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time you were asked to come up with a new idea/build something from scratch?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very friendly recruiters/hiring managers that truly make you want to work for Ferguson. Although I was not offered a job, I would encourage young people preparing to graduate from college to apply.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any long term goals involving working at Ferguson?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in February 2017.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and emailed them. Did a video interview where you answer pre-selected questions and video tape your responses. After I passed that round we had a phone interview where they asked a couple of questions and answered any you might have. The phone call lasted roughly 30 minutes.