Ferguson Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ferguson Enterprises Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.7

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

Ferguson was looking to hire for two IT position, so there was 2 managers interviewing me. The lady was drilling me about things in the administrative panel in microsoft. Most of her questions were nonsense questions, very hard to answer if you were not sitting in front of a server to reference. Seems like a person had to be "book smart" to get this job. Ridiculous.
    The male counterpart was more logical, asked real world questions in reference to the job.

Interview Questions

• Name the things you can do from the administrative panel in Microsoft server.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very friendly recruiters/hiring managers that truly make you want to work for Ferguson. Although I was not offered a job, I would encourage young people preparing to graduate from college to apply.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any long term goals involving working at Ferguson?   Answer Question

Sales Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted video interview on their website. Very Easy to do and you can record your responses several times. Got an email a couple days after requesting a time for a phone interview. Phone interview was fairly easy but awkward at times.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you helped someone and what the result was.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Was part of an aquasition and would have prefered to stay as a Branch manager. But would not let me stay with what I wanted to do. Either change of loose my job.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can do operations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ferguson doesn't like to negotate. They rather just tell you what is available. Take it or leave it because they are a big company.

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was suppose to be a phone call to discuss what the job entailed. It ended up being an actual phone interview. Would have been nice if she mentioned that to me beforehand!

Interview Questions

• How do you feel best fit for this job   1 Answer

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Charlotte, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

I obtained the interview by visiting a location, who referred me to the company website to apply. A recruiter contacted me afterward for a phone interview, which led to an in-person interview at the location. Pre-offer, a drug screen and personality test were given. They were very open and honest through the process, and made me feel quite comfortable through the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A formal offer with letter, and detailed explanation of what to expect, next steps, and how long I could take to accept the offer.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Roseville, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn during the beginning of Sept, heard back a week and a half later. First step was an online video recorded interview. Cool process as you can re-answer your question as many times as you'd like before submitting it. Basic procedural questions, ie. how you handled certain situations. Two weeks later I was invited to a phone interview scheduled the next week. They asked a lot of the same questions as the online recorded sessions. Was informed I'd know within the next two weeks if I'd be invited to the next step. HAD TO EMAIL THEM AFTER 2 1/2 WEEKS where I was informed I was invited to to their regional recruiting session at a Ferguson location. Cool. They paid for my Hotel and any expenses involved in the trip to their location. They even flew in other candidates from out of state. They quite literally rolled out the red carpet for us. The last step in the interview process was a basic introduction and "Thank You", followed by a tour of the Ferguson warehouse and Showroom, dinner with Ferguson Managers and the President of the company, with three rapid-fire interviews the following day with folks you met at Dinner. After the final 3 interviews, you are informed of another 2wk waiting time, in which you will either get an offer or a "Thank you for you interest in..." email. From start to finish, the process took almost 3 months. My region's starting salary was 48k, but considering the 50/hr/wk requirement, it was pretty low. Benefits are what you'd expect from a billion-dollar company; pretty good, nothing amazing.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were overly difficult. Heck, McDonalds asks the same questions. The only main factor that makes them hard is who asks them, the head honcho's of the company. This can be very intimidating.   Answer Question

Credit Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in November 2012.

Interview

They lay out the red carpet for you, but then expect you to contribute at least 50 hours a week at subpar pay. Good opportunity to get foot in the door.

Interview Questions

• If you're a new employee and your manager disagrees with a decision that you made, how do you convince him that your decision was the right one?   Answer Question

Credit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

University Career Fair -> On-Campus Interview -> Phone Interview 1 -> Phone Interview 2 -> On-Campus Interview

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in April 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR representative and then interviewed with the branch manager of the location of my potential employment. That interview was followed a week later by an interview with the Regional Manager. Another week later I was contacted again by Human Resources to inform me of my offer and I was given a week to accept.

Interview Questions

• Willingness to pick up and move multiple times if necessary   1 Answer

Negotiation

With my starting annual salary I felt there was not much wiggle room as it was higher than the industry standard because of my experience.