Ferguson Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.7

Finance Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Completed a standard phone screening then went into their headquarters for an in-person interview. The interview process was six separate sit downs, the last being with the current finance trainees. The interviews themselves were pretty generic and relaxed, more of a conversational interview than an interrogation.
    The hiring process took almost a month because someone left for vacation in the middle of it and they couldn't do interviews. When I do get a call back about the job, the recruiter cited "inexplicable laughter" during interviews and that I "belched and didn't excuse myself" as some reasons for going with other candidates. Both of these are completely false and simply ridiculous. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time you were asked to come up with a new idea/build something from scratch?   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

3 Interviews. 1 - Online Video 2 - Phone Interview 3 - Fly out. The first one asks basic interview questions. The second one is where you get into a few tougher questions as to why you should get another interview. The final one is 3 interviewers, but it is supposed to help figure out if your personality really works with the company and where you might work best if offered a job.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very friendly recruiters/hiring managers that truly make you want to work for Ferguson. Although I was not offered a job, I would encourage young people preparing to graduate from college to apply.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any long term goals involving working at Ferguson?   Answer Question

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Meet with HR, Hiring Manager; Describe your work experience; Explain the reason you want the position; Dress to impress; Very Laid Back; Conservative personnel; Interviewed by 3 people; Open to answers

Interview Questions

• What is your work experience? Why do you want to work for Ferguson? How do you handle conflicts? Desired salary? Are you willing to relocate? Explain how you cycle count   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McFarland, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (McFarland, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

The branch manager interviewed me. It seemed like they had high turnover and current employees were overworked. When I asked why the current/previous manager had left, she said that he had worked there for 5 years and recently decided he wanted less responsibility so was now the warehouse supervisor instead of manager. When I told her that i had kids and was a family man, she seemed discouraged. All in all, I didn't get the job, I was very qualified, but my impression was that they were just looking for someone that they could overwork and underpay. Had I been offered the job, I wouldn't have taken it. So glad I read so many reviews on glassdoor prior to my interview, as this seems to be the norm across the board with warehouse workers for this company.

Interview Questions

• If you got this job, would you need to be the one that drops your kids off at school in the morning? (totally irrevelent and illegal question to ask during an interview process, btw)   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by six people, each interviewee was allocated a 30 minute time slot. The interview was conducted over a video call. All the people I was interviewed by were friendly and polite people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in September 2013.

Interview

Simple process, friendly and efficient. I had been recommended by former manager to the regional VP, who interviewed me personally to configure the right position to match my skillset and career advancement goals at the time.

Interview Questions

• Background general questions, and if I was willing to stay in the area. Expertise with A/R.   1 Answer

Sales Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

Well the hiring process seemed to be going pretty quick at the beginning but you will probably get old by the time you hear back from the HR. I was first contacted by Ferguson recruiter 3-4 days after I applied on their online portal. Then, I sent a pre-recorded video and got a request to set a date for phone interview the next day. I had a phone interview on the following week and that was in mid Jan. At this point, mind as well forget about even applying at this company. So, beside the lengthy weary process, all the interview questions were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you?
      What do you know about Ferguson?
      Tell me about the time you handled stress?
      Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

a bunch of phone calls and many interviews. the onboarding process is fairly pleasant though. first you submit a video of yourself answering questions, then you submit another video, after that there are phone interviews, and then in person interviews/ recruiting events.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you are dealing with a difficult/unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers who were very relaxed and down to earth. They asked what the most important quality I felt I possessed was as well as well as what the salaries I was expecting

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around current position responsibilities and career path, abilities. They asked probing questions about current roles such as how I liked the position and any accomplishments   1 Answer